PDA

View Full Version : DOT Cert Academy

02-18-2010, 04:39 AM
Good evening,

I a certifed officer applying for MCC. What is the DOT academy like? Any insight?

02-19-2010, 03:39 AM
R U FISHING?
Get in the system first and then ask the recruiting sgt.
16 weeks, 14 weeks, 12 weeks, depends on who you ask. High liability refresher on everything. CVSA everything courses. Big DOT cover the agency butt policies. This should start you off, need to get hired first.

03-03-2010, 08:49 AM
how hard is it to get the job , do alot of people apply ?? what do they look far as past experience ? would a LEO from NYS be a plus ?

03-03-2010, 02:43 PM
It shouldnt be hard to get hired as long as you pass the steps in the hiring process. The agency loves LE experience, in fact I believe that just about everyone getting hired right now has prior law enforcement. We have several officers that came from or retired from up north , including NYS or NYC. Good luck getting hired. The pay sucks, but the job is a great one.

03-17-2010, 09:20 PM
It shouldnt be hard to get hired as long as you pass the steps in the hiring process. The agency loves LE experience, in fact I believe that just about everyone getting hired right now has prior law enforcement. We have several officers that came from or retired from up north , including NYS or NYC. Good luck getting hired. The pay sucks, but the job is a great one.

If you dropped out of high school and got a GED, have made romance to your sister, are 40+ lbs overweight, and are afraid to work nights and weekends then this will be a dream job.

Mod 28
03-19-2010, 01:07 AM
The post by ''Guest'' was deleted for violating the terms of use. Agency bashing and personal attacks are not tolerated.