PDA

View Full Version : Letters from Our Sheriff

02-15-2010, 06:14 PM
From NorthEscambia.com

David Morgan on February 12th, 2010 10:11 pm
To Observer;
The two transport vehicles were acquired after consultation with NAS personnel (Base CC and DoD Police). They do not have the personnel to respond to areas like Pensacola Beach and transport military personnel back to the base, which then required us to make trips or book them into the ECSO jail. With the transport vehciles we now just write the applicable citation/charges and transport them to the gate at NAS where the Navy takes custody. The vehicles are also taken to the beach for ’special events,’ i.e., Blue Angle weekend(s), Mardi Gra, etc.
While they are currently being under utilized it is because of the season.
The Meth Truck was purchased at the request of the former head of narcotics. After acquiring it, the cost of taking on the EPA mandates for acquiring, storing and disposing of the hazardous chemicals did not warrant our keeping it in that capacity. It has been re-fited as a Haz-Mat vehicle and does double duty for the Dive Team.
Again, this money (LOST) is allocated to the ECSO for these specific purposes.
We cannot use it for anyother purpose and if we do not use it, the BOCC will reallocate it.
If you or anyone else would like to consult with us on what equipment should and should not be purchased, please do. The aforementioned vehicles were not acquired at ‘my request,’ but after consultation with the ECSO Command Staff where a definitive need and use was identified and then the decision was approved for the purchase.
As always, thank you for your continued interest in the oversight and management of the Escambia County Sheriffs Office.
David Morgan, Sheriff
Escambia County, FL
436-9512

Sheriff David Morgan on February 12th, 2010 8:17 am
To All: I approved the purchase of this vehicle request after we experienced 6 SWAT call-outs in my first 5 months in office, and with the tragic deaths of 3 officers in Okaloosa County. The nearest agency that can provide one is 3 hours away, for they have to place it on a flat bed for transport (it is an older version).
These monies (Local Option Sales Tax/LOST) can only be used for such purchases. We cannot use it for hiring officers, overtime, etc.
This vehicle, versus the helicopter, is a one-time expense, with the exception of routine maitenance. The helicopter costs were $800,000.00 per year, every year. (And sorry to disappoint, but I don’t “ride around in it,” just like I didn’t accept one of the new Tahoes, these are purchased for the deputies.) We have in fact deployed the helicopter twice since grounding them (we still have 2). Once for a missing person, and once for an assist to the US Marshall Task Force in looking for a fleeing felon. We didn’t find either after employing the helicopter.
Anyone want to volunteer for the next SWAT call-out? Requiring entry where there is an armed, baracaded suspect? This vehicle has the capability to go through the side of a building, or take down the doors, while affording officer safety.
Sadly, the criminals in Escambia County are as well (if not better) armed as we are. Not many years ago, most drug busts were conducted with a couple of narcotics officers, and a back-up patrol. Today, few narcotics warrants are executed without SWAT as the back-up unit, in full gear. Why? AK-47’s, Mack-10’s, etc.
For Billy; While you may not accept my military police experience (AF SPI), let me assure you and the other citizens that it did not inhibit my ability to reduce the budget by $4M while adding 12 new deputies. Nor in solving the K-9 issues, nor in the successful resolution of the Billings Murders, the Department of Justice Investigation, etc., etc. While local experience is certainly a consideration, it is not an end all. The Sheriff is a chief executive/management position, not a street cop. While I did not create the current problems (they were created by ‘former deputies’), the tasks are certainly mine to correct.
I will gladly take the criticism for this one-time purchase. I will not take the criticism for not affording my officers every possible protection.
As always, thanks to all for your continued interest in the management and oversight of the Escambia County Shereiffs Office.
David Morgan, Sheriff
Escambia County, FL
436-9512

02-15-2010, 09:53 PM
What's the problem with this response? Nothing else needs to be said.

02-15-2010, 11:07 PM
What's the problem with this response? Nothing else needs to be said.

Who said that there is a problem? These are just to responses that the Sheriff posted on NorthEscambia.com.

02-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Nothing at all. Let me say that I didn't support Sheriff Morgan during the election, but he won it!! In looking over the last year, he hasn't done a bad job in my opinion and from the sounds of the taxpayers they approve so far.

Can we not at least meet him halfway in trying to keep this agency going in the right direction?? Like him or not, we are in this together and a fair assessment without hatred and venom is in everyone's interest. Got issues??? Bring them up. Air them out and deal with them. He inherited a lot problems from the last administration and he has some of his own, but things can get better if we do our jobs and let him do his job. A previous suggestion of a group meeting that includes reps from a lot of different groups sounds like a good start. Telling someone something face to face about issues is more grown-up then *****ing here like angry kids.

02-15-2010, 11:50 PM
I think those are excellent responses to the typical know it all citizen. A direct and honest answer. Good job Sheriff.

02-16-2010, 12:12 AM
That sounds like a good idea. The problem is that history shows that if you bring up a problem or question the decision of the admin, you will face some sort of reprisal from them(transfer or shunned for the rest of your career). I have been around long enough to see it happen to some good officers. That is the main reason people post things on here anonimously. They don't have to fear the admin.

02-16-2010, 01:17 AM
That sounds like a good idea. The problem is that history shows that if you bring up a problem or question the decision of the admin, you will face some sort of reprisal from them(transfer or shunned for the rest of your career). I have been around long enough to see it happen to some good officers. That is the main reason people post things on here anonimously. They don't have to fear the admin.
Whatever. It's like that with every other sheriff's department in this state and every other state. If you continuously say or do stupid crap you should be transferred to where you will likely do the least amount of damage, just like Rex. It's just so hard for you people to man up and admit that this sheriff is doing a good job. You should get on board with the majority of the citizens of this county, otherwise you're gonna be miserable for the next seven years.

02-16-2010, 01:19 AM
Besides, I don't know many people he's transferred without due cause. Transfers are gonna happen. Get over it.

02-16-2010, 04:10 AM
Well, there ya go. Another citizen not knowing what they are talking about. I will not get drawn into an argument over this on a public forum. If you wish to discuss this, post your contact information and I will meet with you to show you the truth.

02-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Well, there ya go. Another citizen not knowing what they are talking about. I will not get drawn into an argument over this on a public forum. If you wish to discuss this, post your contact information and I will meet with you to show you the truth.
If you didn't want to get into an argument over this on a public forum then you shouldn't have posted your opinion, not all off ours, on this public forum. That's an idiotic statement to make. Then, you shouldn't have replied in the manner in which you did. That was also stupid. Why don't you display YOUR contact information?

02-16-2010, 06:05 PM

That is the reason why my information will not be posted. When you don't know what your talking about or don't get the answer you want you result to casting dispersions. If you are a civilian then you don't have to fear any reprisal from the department. Post your information and I will debate this issue or any other, in person. If not, you can continue living in the dark and casting infantile dispersions and I am done.

02-16-2010, 06:13 PM
[quote="yeah right":2wt8xwdb]That sounds like a good idea. The problem is that history shows that if you bring up a problem or question the decision of the admin, you will face some sort of reprisal from them(transfer or shunned for the rest of your career). I have been around long enough to see it happen to some good officers. That is the main reason people post things on here anonimously. They don't have to fear the admin.

That is the reason why my information will not be posted. When you don't know what your talking about or don't get the answer you want you result to casting dispersions. If you are a civilian then you don't have to fear any reprisal from the department. Post your information and I will debate this issue or any other, in person. If not, you can continue living in the dark and casting infantile dispersions and I am done.[/quote:2wt8xwdb]

I will post my opinion antime I want. That is what this forum is for. I will not debate it on here. If you don't want anyone elses opinion, then don't post yours.

02-16-2010, 06:19 PM
I believe the Sheriff explained the purpose of what he has done perfectly and I agree with the previous poster that even though many people may not have voted for him, as an employee of the SO, I am proud in what he has accomplished, up coming goals and his professional response. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, grips and complaints. Why can't many just accept that this is who is going to lead us for the next three years and think of something positive to contribute to the rest of the employees and stop thinking of just yourself?

02-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Besides, I don't know many people he's transferred without due cause. Transfers are gonna happen. Get over it.

What do you consider "due cause"? Pissing the sheriff or anyone of his commanders off is not due cause. Making a mistake or violating policy is not due cause. Those are usually handled by a written or verbal reprimand. The only "due cause" for transfering someone should be made to place a person in a position that they requested or that they are better qualified to do than the person that was there before them. Any other reason, is punitive. Just my Opinion....

02-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Sounds to me you or a friend has been transferred and you want to cry about it. Waa Waa...grow up and go answer your calls.

02-17-2010, 12:39 AM
I believe the Sheriff explained the purpose of what he has done perfectly and I agree with the previous poster that even though many people may not have voted for him, as an employee of the SO, I am proud in what he has accomplished, up coming goals and his professional response. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, grips and complaints. Why can't many just accept that this is who is going to lead us for the next three years and think of something positive to contribute to the rest of the employees and stop thinking of just yourself?
I agree. He's doing a good job and the good people of this county finally have some respect for us.

02-17-2010, 04:47 AM
Reply back to the Sheriff. Not to argue, but that all sounds great, but it’s not factual. You bought them at the request of your former Chief to transport prisoners that were arrested by Patrol. When you couldn’t get enough Officers to drive them for Comp’ time [no pay] and figured we weren’t New York with 6000 officers making arrest, they were parked which is something that should have been figured out before the purchase. We have never had a need for these as this was proven years ago by another administration. In the past and presently, the MP’s have always picked up their Military people either at the jail or at the substation on the beach. As far as big events on the beach, the Military has always sent MP’s out for the event to deal with their own as well as the jail sending Officers out with regular vans [less expensive ones] to transport. In lieu of using a 130000 vehicle to write someone a ticket and release them at the gate, wouldn’t it be cheaper to use one of those new Tahoes and the deputy assigned to it to transport? As far as the Meth truck, again this should have been addressed prior to the purchase. The former head of Narcotics is not the one who signs off on the purchase, you are. Now you’re stuck with a 250000 truck looking for somewhere to work it. The Dive team already had a truck

02-17-2010, 07:56 AM
41 Responses to “Sheriff’s Office Rolls Out Armored SWAT Vehicle”

Hank Masters on February 16th, 2010 1:37 pm When will the “$800,000 a year, every year” myth about the helicopters die? That is a blatent misrepresentation of the facts.

The helicopters do NOT need new rotor heads every year (for example), but that cost was not amortized as it should have been to reflect the true cost to operate.

Question for the voters and the deputies out there, which would you rather have, a helicopter or an armored personnel carrier? Which one can serve the citizens and deputies better?

If we can’t afford to fly the helicopter, so be it, but stop with the grossly inflated budget numbers please.

02-17-2010, 08:34 AM
When are y'all gonna figure out that your sheriff is an idiot who listens to idiots? I mean really, his right hand person (can use the term man) is Davey 2 which should speak volumes for 1s decision making process. You are stuck with this loser for a little less than 3 years. Everyone's mission should be to get rid of this misfit and to begin working on it NOW!

02-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Sorry meant to say (can't use the term man) please grammer police forgive me.

02-17-2010, 09:53 AM
[quote="thinkig out loud"]Reply back to the Sheriff. Not to argue, but that all sounds great, but it’s not factual. You bought them at the request of your former Chief to transport prisoners that were arrested by Patrol. When you couldn’t get enough Officers to drive them for Comp’ time [no pay] and figured we weren’t New York with 6000 officers making arrest, they were parked which is something that should have been figured out before the purchase. We have never had a need for these as this was proven years ago by another administration. In the past and presently, the MP’s have always picked up their Military people either at the jail or at the substation on the beach. As far as big events on the beach, the Military has always sent MP’s out for the event to deal with their own as well as the jail sending Officers out with regular vans [less expensive ones] to transport. In lieu of using a 130000 vehicle to write someone a ticket and release them at the gate, wouldn’t it be cheaper to use one of those new Tahoes and the deputy assigned to it to transport? As far as the Meth truck, again this should have been addressed prior to the purchase. The former head of Narcotics is not the one who signs off on the purchase, you are. Now you’re stuck with a 250000 truck looking for somewhere to work it. The Dive team already had a truck

As far as the Meth truck, again this should have been addressed prior to the purchase. The former head of Narcotics is not the one who signs off on the purchase, you are.

I've been thinking the same but I'm too lazy to ask. Did they not know that those would be issues before they put out that kind of $$$ ???

02-17-2010, 11:09 AM
From NorthEscambia.com

David Morgan on February 12th, 2010 10:11 pm
To Observer;
The two transport vehicles were acquired after consultation with NAS personnel (Base CC and DoD Police). They do not have the personnel to respond to areas like Pensacola Beach and transport military personnel back to the base, which then required us to make trips or book them into the ECSO jail. With the transport vehciles we now just write the applicable citation/charges and transport them to the gate at NAS where the Navy takes custody. The vehicles are also taken to the beach for ’special events,’ i.e., Blue Angle weekend(s), Mardi Gra, etc.
While they are currently being under utilized it is because of the season.
The Meth Truck was purchased at the request of the former head of narcotics. After acquiring it, the cost of taking on the EPA mandates for acquiring, storing and disposing of the hazardous chemicals did not warrant our keeping it in that capacity. It has been re-fited as a Haz-Mat vehicle and does double duty for the Dive Team.
We cannot use it for anyother purpose and if we do not use it, the BOCC will reallocate it.
If you or anyone else would like to consult with us on what equipment should and should not be purchased, please do. The aforementioned vehicles were not acquired at ‘my request,’ but after consultation with the ECSO Command Staff where a definitive need and use was identified and then the decision was approved for the purchase.
As always, thank you for your continued interest in the oversight and management of the Escambia County Sheriffs Office.
David Morgan, Sheriff
Escambia County, FL
436-9512

Sheriff David Morgan on February 12th, 2010 8:17 am
To All: I approved the purchase of this vehicle request after we experienced 6 SWAT call-outs in my first 5 months in office, and with the tragic deaths of 3 officers in Okaloosa County. The nearest agency that can provide one is 3 hours away, for they have to place it on a flat bed for transport (it is an older version).
These monies (Local Option Sales Tax/LOST) can only be used for such purchases. We cannot use it for hiring officers, overtime, etc.
This vehicle, versus the helicopter, is a one-time expense, with the exception of routine maitenance. The helicopter costs were $800,000.00 per year, every year. (And sorry to disappoint, but I don’t “ride around in it,” just like I didn’t accept one of the new Tahoes, these are purchased for the deputies.) We have in fact deployed the helicopter twice since grounding them (we still have 2). Once for a missing person, and once for an assist to the US Marshall Task Force in looking for a fleeing felon. We didn’t find either after employing the helicopter.
Anyone want to volunteer for the next SWAT call-out? Requiring entry where there is an armed, baracaded suspect? This vehicle has the capability to go through the side of a building, or take down the doors, while affording officer safety.
Sadly, the criminals in Escambia County are as well (if not better) armed as we are. Not many years ago, most drug busts were conducted with a couple of narcotics officers, and a back-up patrol. Today, few narcotics warrants are executed without SWAT as the back-up unit, in full gear. Why? AK-47’s, Mack-10’s, etc.
For Billy; While you may not accept my military police experience (AF SPI), let me assure you and the other citizens that it did not inhibit my ability to reduce the budget by $4M while adding 12 new deputies. Nor in solving the K-9 issues, nor in the successful resolution of the Billings Murders, the Department of Justice Investigation, etc., etc. While local experience is certainly a consideration, it is not an end all. The Sheriff is a chief executive/management position, not a street cop. While I did not create the current problems (they were created by ‘former deputies’), the tasks are certainly mine to correct.
I will gladly take the criticism for this one-time purchase. I will not take the criticism for not affording my officers every possible protection.
As always, thanks to all for your continued interest in the management and oversight of the Escambia County Shereiffs Office.
David Morgan, Sheriff
Escambia County, FL
436-9512

Truth be known, there were other purposes that the LOST money could have been used on. Those just happened to be the ones that Mr. Morgan approved it to be used on. There are specific guidelines that LOST funds must be used for, but there aren't specific items that it MUST be used on as the Sheriff's response implies like a Meth truck that cost a bundle, only to find out AFTER he approved it's purchase, it cost too much to operate (sounds kinda like the helicopter you grounded). I have no problem with the SWAT vehicle...those guys walk into situations that most of us don't want to have to walk into, but to purchase a vehicle for almost $300,000 without knowing the cost to operate it sounds kinda like what Mr. Morgan campaigned against...helicopters.

By the way, I thought that Mr. Morgan did a humdinger job when HE successfully resolved the Billings murders AND the K9 issues after he assured us that it wasn't an issue with the cars...it was those dirtbag citizens who kept letting them out. Thank God Escambia County has been blessed with the Air Force's SPI finest! Oops, sorry! I forgot to mention that he also solved the Department of Justice investigation, oh wait, or did he report it? Maxwell Smart and 007 don't hold a candle to David Morgan!!!

02-17-2010, 04:38 PM
LOL! I think it's funny that you people are so miserable.

02-18-2010, 02:10 PM
If Morgan really wants to save a lot of money for the taxpayers he’d mirror the “Sink” plan and sink all the extra baggage he has by eliminating the redundancy of too many supervisors. He would save several million in salary and benefits cost a well as operating and other costs associated with each sworn position ( automobile, gasoline, uniforms, etc.)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: February 16, 2010

CFO SINK REFORMS GOVERNMENT BY STREAMLINING
MIDDLE MANAGEMENT

Sink’s reform will create greater efficiencies, save state nearly $300 million

TALLAHASSEE— Florida CFO Alex Sink today announced new reforms to streamline middle management in her agency, creating greater efficiency and saving $8 to $10 million a year. At a press conference announcing her changes, CFO Sink called on other agencies in state government to adopt her reforms, which could save the state as much as $277 million.

“Government efficiency doesn't have to be an oxymoron -- not if you take a businesslike approach to managing our state,” said CFO Sink. “Too often in government, the rule seems to be ‘bigger is better’, but in business, I learned that smarter is better. By streamlining middle management we can make government more efficient, more effective and save millions of taxpayer dollars.”

CFO Sink announced that as agency managers resign or retire, the positions will be eliminated, and the structure will be reengineered using existing staff to cut unnecessary layers in government. The achievement of a 7:1 employee to manager ratio will put the Department in line with best business practices and save an estimated $8 to $10 million annually and as much as nearly $300 million if adopted throughout state government.

With the current budget shortfall facing the state, CFO Sink emphasized the need for a smart, businesslike approach to waste cutting. By streamlining management jobs, funding for essential services for the citizens of Florida and frontline positions will be protected.

“Streamlining middle management will save millions of dollars, make government more effective, and protect our teachers, police officers, and employees who are on the frontlines serving the people of Florida,” CFO Sink continued. “This smart, common-sense streamlining would allow the state to save almost $300 million, and at a time when Florida is stretched thin it’s something that should be done statewide.”

CFO Sink has been an outspoken watchdog on behalf of Florida’s taxpayers. Because of common-sense cost saving and efficiency measures taken by CFO Sink, her Department of Financial Services saved over $5 million in 2009 alone. Other waste cutting measures include consolidating the Department’s 11 consumer call centers into 2 call centers, renegotiating existing contracts, and cutting Department wireless costs by 37 percent. At http://www.GetLeanFlorida.com, citizens can offer tips on how to cut government waste and inefficiencies. For more information on CFO Sink’s common-sense waste cutting, visit http://www.MyFloridaCFO.com.

# # #|

As a statewide elected officer of the Florida Cabinet, CFO Alex Sink oversees the Department of Financial Services. A successful business leader with nearly three decades of experience in the private sector, Sink is serving her first term as Florida's CFO. CFO Sink's priorities include using her business experience to cut wasteful spending, holding government accountable to Florida’s taxpayers, and cracking down on financial and insurance fraud.

02-23-2010, 10:17 PM
With regard to the the tank, does Waco come to mind. Does the Sheriff intend on giving orders to knock people's homes down? What about their civil rights. What about the rights of the owners, are you suggesting that someone who has a meltdown in a home that I rent that you would go and knock it down to get to them?

You might go call Janet Reno and see how that worked out for her. I can say that if you knock my house down you will have a fight on your hands .... oh in court of course. I wouldn't want you thowing the blue lights on me and jacking me up with assault charges.

02-24-2010, 03:21 AM
With regard to the the tank, does Waco come to mind. Does the Sheriff intend on giving orders to knock people's homes down? What about their civil rights. What about the rights of the owners, are you suggesting that someone who has a meltdown in a home that I rent that you would go and knock it down to get to them?

You might go call Janet Reno and see how that worked out for her. I can say that if you knock my house down you will have a fight on your hands .... oh in court of course. I wouldn't want you thowing the blue lights on me and jacking me up with assault charges.

Idiot. Next time we have an armed mentally unstable person in their home with every legal right to go in and get them.....we'll call you to go on in. Oh, but we can't because you would never have the guts to do what we do. Leave the law to people who know the law.

As the "owner", once you rent a home to someone it is "their" home until your contract mutually ends or a court gives your property rights back to you. Why don't you saunter on over to the clerk's website and learn about landlord and tenant issues. You sound like the endless stream of morons who rent their houses out to dirtbags and then demand deputies give them their home back. There should be a required course in landlord regulations before anyone can rent their homes to another person.

02-24-2010, 05:00 AM

Idiot. Next time we have an armed mentally unstable person in their home with every legal right to go in and get them.....we'll call you to go on in. Oh, but we can't because you would never have the guts to do what we do. Leave the law to people who know the law.

As the "owner", once you rent a home to someone it is "their" home until your contract mutually ends or a court gives your property rights back to you. Why don't you saunter on over to the clerk's website and learn about landlord and tenant issues. You sound like the endless stream of morons who rent their houses out to dirtbags and then demand deputies give them their home back. There should be a required course in landlord regulations before anyone can rent their homes to another person.

As much as I disagree with citizen, he has the right to speak his peace. Just because he is like most uniformed citizens, he does not need to be called a moron or any other citizen for that matter. Yes there are morons out there. Just because he doesn't know the law doesn't make him a moron. We know a great deal about the law because that is our job. You can't expect everyone to be as lucky. Besides I know some of the officers we work with that you could classify the same as you did citizen and they should know better. Thankfully we don't have many like that.

Citizens don't know and don't understand the law. Yes we get tired of hearing things like that, but with so many law shows on that stretch the truth and the fact that all states don't have the same laws, its no wonder citizens are confused. They see it on TV so it must be the truth.

Lets give the citizens a break. When they say something stupid because they are uniformed, explain it to them. If they say or do something stupid because they are, then if the shoe fits wear it. But remember we all have said something stupid at one time or another.

Yes, each and every landlord should be required to know the landlord tenant laws before they rent. This would make our jobs easier and let us answer legitimate calls for service. This would also keep a lot of landlords from getting themselves in trouble.

02-24-2010, 05:23 AM
Ok, let me get this straight ... I have a $350,000 dollar home and I rent it to say a stock broker. Not a crackhead, but a respectable family man who passed a background check. The market crashes ... he flips out. You come in with your tank, destroy my house and I am the moron and idiot? ... are you serious.

I stand by my comments, It did not work out that well @ Waco and I can promise you if you go busting into people's houses with this thing it will not work out well for you and the Sheriff. In fact, I can bet that if I were to ask the Sheriff, I am sure he would tell me now to worry about my house that he is not going to allow you to knock it down.

I have to be honest, I have read through these comments that you people write to each other, and personally. I think that in some cases I would be better qualified to go through that door. At least if I did, the poor ole Stock Broker may be alive and my house might be still standing and the Sheriff's budget is not paying to rebuild the damage you did. Personally, I am surprised that some of the posters here are allowed to carry guns much less drive tanks!

02-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Ok, let me get this straight ... I have a $350,000 dollar home and I rent it to say a stock broker. Not a crackhead, but a respectable family man who passed a background check. The market crashes ... he flips out. You come in with your tank, destroy my house and I am the moron and idiot? ... are you serious.

I stand by my comments, It did not work out that well @ Waco and I can promise you if you go busting into people's houses with this thing it will not work out well for you and the Sheriff. In fact, I can bet that if I were to ask the Sheriff, I am sure he would tell me now to worry about my house that he is not going to allow you to knock it down.

I have to be honest, I have read through these comments that you people write to each other, and personally. I think that in some cases I would be better qualified to go through that door. At least if I did, the poor ole Stock Broker may be alive and my house might be still standing and the Sheriff's budget is not paying to rebuild the damage you did. Personally, I am surprised that some of the posters here are allowed to carry guns much less drive tanks!

Wow, I didn't know you were that amazing. Please go to rookie school so you can show us all how it's done. You may even solve the county's budget problem since we could do away with our hostage negotiators, swat team, and maybe even all of patrol. We could save the sheriff's whole budget because you could be his only deputy and still keep the county peaceful and orderly.

Save us superman.

02-24-2010, 03:11 PM

Citizen, I tried to at least defend you but I have to say you have stepped over that line.

No one has said we got the "TANK" as you want to call it to knock down houses. In the first place its not a tank, its a modified APC (armored personnel carrier). To compare this to WACO is ridiculous. A respectable family man who crashes and barricades himself in the house doesn't even compare to WACO.

If we had to use it to enter the house we wouldn't knock the whole house down it would be used for entry only. You know we already have the capability to make a dynamic entry into the house by using shape charges (explosive for you novices). The APC is actually less destructive.

As far as you being more qualified to do the job, unless you have been there you don't know. Before we breech the house we would have exhausted all means to get the guy out first. The forcible breech is always the last resort for several reasons. One and most important is Officer Safety. Just by your statement it is obvious you are not qualified to make any assumptions about tactics.

I guess I need to apologize to GUEST who called you an idiot and a moron because you have just moved from the uniformed to the idiot classification. Remember if the shoe fits wear it.

02-24-2010, 06:09 PM
I was referring to the statement from "Car1" the Sheriff's letter - "This vehicle has the capability to go through the side of a building, or take down the doors, while affording officer safety."

With regard to Waco, I am not talking about the differences in the people/criminals/sick individuals. What I am talking about is the "net result". Knock down a wall, short out something, burn their house down and endanger additional occupants if any.

However, your eloquent exlaination rested my fears that we won't be driving around knocking citizens homes down with this vehicle.

However, it is very clear to me that the group on here is VERY HOSTILE and that does give one pause. Even you, the voice of reason could not help yourself in your last post. With regard to the effectiveness of officers because they wear a badge, I would also point you to this very forum whereas 1/2 of you claim the other half are lazy, stupid, break policy, etc. While that half claims the first have are butt kissers who make the same mistakes but cover under leadership.

Hey, it's just an observation. As for me, I consider myself a pretty smart guy. I do not wear a uniform but I can read and I can reason.

02-24-2010, 07:38 PM
I was referring to the statement from "Car1" the Sheriff's letter - "This vehicle has the capability to go through the side of a building, or take down the doors, while affording officer safety."

With regard to Waco, I am not talking about the differences in the people/criminals/sick individuals. What I am talking about is the "net result". Knock down a wall, short out something, burn their house down and endanger additional occupants if any.

However, your eloquent exlaination rested my fears that we won't be driving around knocking citizens homes down with this vehicle.

However, it is very clear to me that the group on here is VERY HOSTILE and that does give one pause. Even you, the voice of reason could not help yourself in your last post. With regard to the effectiveness of officers because they wear a badge, I would also point you to this very forum whereas 1/2 of you claim the other half are lazy, stupid, break policy, etc. While that half claims the first have are butt kissers who make the same mistakes but cover under leadership.

Hey, it's just an observation. As for me, I consider myself a pretty smart guy. I do not wear a uniform but I can read and I can reason.

Yes I know were the statement was and what it said. It meant just what it said "This vehicle has the capability to go through the side of a building, or take down the doors, while affording officer safety." There's nothing in there about bringing down a building.

WACO has nothing in common with what you said. Besides the fire in Waco started before the wall was breached. So the APC did not start the fire.

Yes the group on here is hostile and I agree that a lot of what is posted should not have been. If you've read some of my other posts I have made that clear and don't condone it.

I won't apologize for what I said. You crossed the line and deserved it.

As far as half claiming one thing and the other half claiming something else. Be more realistic, a lot of the post are the same individuals using different usernames and is very apparent. Yes we do have lazy officers, just as any business does. We do have butt kissers just like everyone else and so on. This agency is no different in that respect, the only difference is we have a forum to express our views and air our problems even if most of them are brought on by ourselves because of jealousy and political views. That's life. It has always been like this and always will and just before and just after an election its always worse.

No one said you were not a smart guy. But make sure you know your facts before you make bold statements and that will result in less antagonism.

02-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Since you can read and are more intelligent then the few of us that protect you. Go on line at ECSO,apply for a job as a Deputy, or even go through the Citzens class(that will only cost you time). Find out what we really have to put up with on a day by day basis. Until you walk in our shoes do not judge.

07-27-2010, 06:25 AM
I haven't seen the Vans that were purchased to pick arrested people up out on the street yet? What about that car like was used in Die Hard. I haven't seen it used either? What I have seen is that Airframe that Festus said wasn't needed and cost 1500 an hour to fly. Talk about toys, he has added to McNesbys fleet. Did Festus have it out when Obama came through or is he using it to protect them while they vacation here? What a nut job you all have for a Sheriff.

07-27-2010, 10:58 PM
The mobile booking vehicles are in our fleet and are used right now for bigger events and for weekend duties. The original plan was to have them 10-8 for officers. This would have prevented them from stopping their law enforcement duties after an arrest and would have gotten them back in service quicker. The problem is that we don't have money in our budget to hire a bunch of officers to run them all of the time or pay for the overtime to run it constantly.

07-28-2010, 06:16 AM
Why wasn't this minor issue thought of prior to the purchase of them? Oh, let's blame Chavers because we know that Thelbert won't take the blame. If old Aiken would have been in there sooner, we wouldn't have this problem. Oh again, Thelbert was all about education prior to getting elected, but now that he's in, Aiken became the #2 man without an education. I heard he's taking some on-line classes to get some type of degree. Is it considered "walking" if you go to the mail box to receive your degree. We wouldn't want to put you out on any of your time to obtain one, now would we? This place never changes. It's the blind leading the blind. I can't understand why you all demoted Jimmy with all the deceitfulness amongst all of you up there.

07-28-2010, 09:37 AM
If you can't understand why they demoted Jimmy then you shouldn't lecture anyone on education because you're one stupid mofo!

07-28-2010, 03:38 PM
If you can't understand why they demoted Jimmy then you shouldn't lecture anyone on education because you're one stupid mofo!

Dude that was meant as sarcasm about JJ....you are obviously the "MOFOE"

07-29-2010, 02:54 AM
I wasn't the one telling everybody how much education I have and how it's important for the rank/file to have it. Not to mention that remark of Tech School. I'm sure by the time Aiken gets his degree in the mailbox, Thelbert will tell every one he had it all along. It's about like managing a multi-million dollar budget, supervising thousands of troops, I mean Police Officers. Thelbert is a leader only in his own mind. Hell, he can't even order what he wants in a restaurant, his better half has to do it for him. We all know who wears the boxers.