PDA

View Full Version : Be smart on stops

02-12-2010, 07:41 AM
To the spd sgt I stopped last night, I wont name you, but please please pleaseeeeee, dont do what you did again. What would you do if you stopped someone, and they immediately throw it in park, fling the door open, jump out, start walking toward you with a purpose, and then start reaching around to their back? Seriously, you were less than a second from being shot. I'll cut you loose regardless, but please, just be cool and stay in your vehicle, it'll just take me a second to walk up and then you can show me your badge. Had I fired, it would have been perfectly justified sure, but I would have felt like absolute crap for doing so.

02-14-2010, 02:22 AM
To the spd sgt I stopped last night, I wont name you, but please please pleaseeeeee, dont do what you did again. What would you do if you stopped someone, and they immediately throw it in park, fling the door open, jump out, start walking toward you with a purpose, and then start reaching around to their back? Seriously, you were less than a second from being shot. I'll cut you loose regardless, but please, just be cool and stay in your vehicle, it'll just take me a second to walk up and then you can show me your badge. Had I fired, it would have been perfectly justified sure, but I would have felt like absolute crap for doing so.

GO F/URSELF GREEN SHIRT and DEREK, next time keep your trap door closed!

02-14-2010, 02:35 AM
a dep gives you a professional break and you bash him? I thinks its kinda gay to post it on this site, the dep should have addressed your attitude on scene and if you continued to be a d**k, written you a UTC!

Hey SSO what was the stop for? you should mail him the UTC to SPD!

02-14-2010, 09:04 AM
a dep gives you a professional break and you bash him? I thinks its kinda gay to post it on this site, the dep should have addressed your attitude on scene and if you continued to be a d**k, written you a UTC!

Hey SSO what was the stop for? you should mail him the UTC to SPD!

Hey wasn't a d**k, he was fine, it was the behavior that was in question, just not very smart. Even if a cop was a d**k, I'd still give him/her a break.

02-14-2010, 02:46 PM
GO F/URSELF GREEN SHIRT and DEREK, next time keep your trap door closed!

With the city commissioners taking away SPD's pension system (DBs) and going to a defined contribution (401k) (http://sarasota.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=7&clip_id=3074), you'll soon be wearing a green shirt within the next 2-3 years, if you can pass the SSO background investigation. ;)

We won't make you wear a green shirt. You can always go elsewhere. 8)

The city commissioners are going to pull the financial rug out from SPD's feet. The commissioners already did it to the [former] city fire department, which was taken-over by the county fire department.

Everyone will eventually be on-board the FRS plan (http://www.myfrs.com/portal/server.pt/community/frs_programs/invest_plan). Buh-bye city pensions and hello green shirts. :shock:

02-15-2010, 08:10 PM
sso did you ever get up to his car? maybe he had something he didnt want you to see?

02-16-2010, 10:01 PM
sso did you ever get up to his car? maybe he had something he didnt want you to see?

Hey clowns take this bickering sh1t back to the PD / SO dont put our crap on here for the press & all the idiots to have a field day with!! Geeeez...

02-17-2010, 11:10 PM

Hey clowns take this bickering sh1t back to the PD / SO dont put our crap on here for the press & all the idiots to have a field day with!! Geeeez...

SPD likes to instigate $hit but the S/O started it this time! There was no need to put a post on LEO in the SPD blog. Just goes to show you why the rejects go to the Sheriff's Office.

Good job SPD

02-26-2010, 01:37 PM

SPD likes to instigate $hit but the S/O started it this time! There was no need to put a post on LEO in the SPD blog. Just goes to show you why the rejects go to the Sheriff's Office.

Good job SPD

Yeah shoosh and go back to bringing in all of the bums with open containers. Now there's real police work.

02-28-2010, 09:42 PM
all of the bums with open containers

Many years ago, Dan Major (ret.) said that in the "old days," two officers would be told to check-out a big bus and then drive it around the city to all the bum-camps. The officers would then "round up" as many bums as they could fit into the bus -- and when the bus was full, they would take a trip up to St. Pete where they would discharge all the bums. :snicker:

"Discharge" is a good description. :snicker:

03-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Never happened. Some guys would road trip them to Manattee County until one of their LT's caught on. He called down to the PD and told the shift LT to knock it off. He threatened to fill up one of the jail buses with their bums and drop them off at fine points. Good story though.

03-02-2010, 02:02 AM
Never happened. Some guys would road trip them to Manattee County until one of their LT's caught on. He called down to the PD and told the shift LT to knock it off. He threatened to fill up one of the jail buses with their bums and drop them off at fine points. Good story though.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Bum wars!!!! :lol: