PDA

View Full Version : COP GIVES ANOTHER COP TICKET

02-11-2010, 03:51 PM
This was recently posted on Martin County Sheriff's Office Forum.
This should never happen. The victim? A veteran cop from PBSO;

Thanks for the Ticket D/S Hines ID1504 of the Martin County SO.
On SuperBowl Sunday for gods sake!!
Thanks for pulling me over on a lonely country road (Prat-Whitney) in the middle of cow country, I know youre doing your job in the TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT Unit. I know you do it for the public safety (STATS).
Thanks for showing absolutely no regard to a fellow Officer (me) when he properly identifying himself. Despite of the fact that you were being treated with total respect.
Thanks for listening when I was sincerely apologizing for admitedly speeding on said country road.
Thanks for smirking and gloating all proud of yourself as you discussed the issue with your partner.
Thanks for cutting me a break. I'll admit I was traveling a lot faster than what you wrote me for. Once again I know you did it for my safety (POWERTRIP).
Thank your pencil neck partner for me for attempting to LECTURE me AFTER you gave me the TICKET. (Learn the basic cop principle of "Give me ticket OR a lecture, but dont give BOTH")
Thank you BOTH for reminding me that in over 22 years of service, I have NEVER, EVER written a cop a ticket.
Thank You for being in the TRAFFIC UNIT and not a true street cop. I'm sure the black and white statiscal nature of traffic enforcement fits your personality just fine. Why get your hands dirty with REAL CRIMES?...Right?
Thanks for showing your true colors.
Thank you, because I am very thankful and relieved that I will be retiring in a few years and thus will not have to deal with a future generation of cops that screw each other over.
Hey...Thanks for taking money from a fellow cop's wallet. I'm sure you sleep well at night.
Once again, Thank again for the ticket D/S Hines.

02-11-2010, 05:47 PM
WELL WRITTEN. SOUNDS LIKE MCSO HAS SOME REAL AZZHOLES WORKING THERE.

02-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Why don't we just stop causing all these problems, just drive the speed limit and no one will have to be stopped.

02-11-2010, 10:57 PM
well, now i know how to handle a MCSO Deputy if i ever catch one speedin' this far south. i'll be sure to ask if they know d/s hines.

02-11-2010, 11:03 PM
I know it's in bad form to write another cop a ticket, but suck it up and quit bellyaching. It's done and over. If that act "makes" you write an MCSO d/s a ticket, then you're no better. Rise above it, don't act like an a$% and you won't be treated like one.

02-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Oh boo hoo. No one, especially an LEO, should considered themselves above the law. You speed you get a ticket simple as that, and why you think you should be given "special" treatment is beyond me. If you kill someone else on the road while you're speeding do you expect special treatment then too?

Recheck the statutes, I don't think there's any exceptions because the speeder is an LEO off the clock or retired. And I'm sure I'll get all kinds of responses about your "faux" brotherhood, which only crops up when you think you should get "special " treatment. And how about giving some thought to the predicament you've put the LEO who's stopping you in - he/she could in fact lose his/her job because of your thoughtlessness.

I would like to see the Sheriff start cracking down on speeding LEOs in Palm Beach County, it does nothing for your image especially with budget time just around the corner.

02-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Oh boo hoo. No one, especially an LEO, should considered themselves above the law. You speed you get a ticket simple as that, and why you think you should be given "special" treatment is beyond me. If you kill someone else on the road while you're speeding do you expect special treatment then too?

Recheck the statutes, I don't think there's any exceptions because the speeder is an LEO off the clock or retired. And I'm sure I'll get all kinds of responses about your "faux" brotherhood, which only crops up when you think you should get "special " treatment. And how about giving some thought to the predicament you've put the LEO who's stopping you in - he/she could in fact lose his/her job because of your thoughtlessness.

WELL SAID...I'M SURE YOU WILL REMEMBER THAT THE NEXT TIME YOUR STOPPED

I would like to see the Sheriff start cracking down on speeding LEOs in Palm Beach County, it does nothing for your image especially with budget time just around the corner.

02-12-2010, 12:25 AM

WELL SAID...I'M SURE YOU WILL REMEMBER THAT THE NEXT TIME YOUR STOPPED

WELL SAID... I'M SURE YOU WILL REMEMBER YOUR WORDS THE NEXT TIME YOUR STOPPED

02-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks for cutting me a break. I'll admit I was traveling a lot faster than what you wrote me for. Once again I know you did it for my safety (POWERTRIP).

I remember a co-worker pulled over a NYPD detective vacationing in FLA and speeding about 95 in a 50...

I remember the Ofc. struggling to decide what to do....

I told him, either write the ticket, or don't. (so he did neither)

He went ahead and knocked the ticket down to 60 in a 50.....

Next day we were in the Chief's office explaining why an off duty NYPD det. was in the Chief's office complaining that we show NO "Professional Courtesy" and GAVE HIM A 10 mile over ticket!

Lesson learned for me.

Pay the ticket, slow down.

02-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Some just don't get it. There is no Boohooing
The ticket has been been paid. That is not the whole issue. The main issue is her total disregard of who I was and what I was trying to say. She laughed, joked with her partner and seemed to enjoy what she did, as if she bagged a big fish. Something I did not add is that I seriously doubt the validity of what she said her radar reading was. I was speeding I admit it, no doubt about it. I'm not saying she was lying but...maybe stretching the truth to make her case. Did she even consider, since I have a CDL, the option of traffic school is not available to me and i have to take the points? If she did not know that. What is she doing in the TRAFFIC division? If my insurance goes up, I'll remember her every time I pay that bill.
Part of the reason why I posted this is to warn my fellow PBSO Deputies of the the possible pitfalls of speeding through Martin County. I have heard different things but it seems their traffic units may have their sights set us.
I don't know about you but I would rather not work or be around any Officer from any agency that has the propensity to enjoy screwing other cops.
Look we are human and at times we ALL speed. Lightning struck and got me out in a lonely cow land road. It's the first time in over 22 years and I am hoping the last. I am willing to put this behind me and learn from it.

Be safe out there.

02-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Its a shame this kind of thing happens. I have not, and WILL NOT write another cop a ticket......I caught an off duty trooper in a black Toyota pickup a couple of years ago......hauling butt south on 95 in Gardens.....He was from Stuart......he sheepishly asked me "are you gonna write me"?????? I told him cops dont write cops tickets......do you write other cops??? He didnt reply which led me to believe maybe he does.....I dunno.....but I just wished him a safe trip and walked away. Hopefully, if he DID write other cops, maybe after our meeting he stopped.
Please guys.....NO retaliation......just because 1 is a jerk doesnt mean we need to be one in return. Personally, I would be DEVASTATED if I wrote another cop and later heard he was was being added to the Police Officers Memorial Wall in Washington.......Im just NOT going to do it.

02-12-2010, 06:20 PM
7Cops don't screw other cops! End of story. You don't write each other tickets, you don't run your mouth to the rat squad, and you don't pull case numbers tattling on other cops (like the guy who is angry he was kicked out of OCB and now working dist 1 nights did).

We have ONE set of people looking out for us - other cops.

THe liberal media hates us, the majority of the public hates us, public defenders think we are racist and bias, prosecutors think we are morons to be tolerated - who the heck is going to watch your back then?

Want to be known as a rat or a snake? What happens when you are getting your butt handed to you, who's gonna come for your 94? The guy you rat on once before? The guy you wrote tickets to before?

02-13-2010, 12:36 AM
7Cops don't screw other cops! End of story. You don't write each other tickets, you don't run your mouth to the rat squad, and you don't pull case numbers tattling on other cops (like the guy who is angry he was kicked out of OCB and now working dist 1 nights did).

We have ONE set of people looking out for us - other cops.

THe liberal media hates us, the majority of the public hates us, public defenders think we are racist and bias, prosecutors think we are morons to be tolerated - who the heck is going to watch your back then?

Want to be known as a rat or a snake? What happens when you are getting your butt handed to you, who's gonna come for your 94? The guy you rat on once before? The guy you wrote tickets to before?

Man, what Cop TV show do you live in?

Be an HONEST MAN, and the honest cop will come naturally.

02-13-2010, 12:53 AM
This was recently posted on Martin County Sheriff's Office Forum.
This should never happen. The victim? A veteran cop from PBSO;

Thanks for the Ticket D/S Hines ID1504 of the Martin County SO.
On SuperBowl Sunday for gods sake!!
Thanks for pulling me over on a lonely country road (Prat-Whitney) in the middle of cow country, I know youre doing your job in the TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT Unit. I know you do it for the public safety (STATS).
Thanks for showing absolutely no regard to a fellow Officer (me) when he properly identifying himself. Despite of the fact that you were being treated with total respect.
Thanks for listening when I was sincerely apologizing for admitedly speeding on said country road.
Thanks for smirking and gloating all proud of yourself as you discussed the issue with your partner.
Thank your pencil neck partner for me for attempting to LECTURE me AFTER you gave me the TICKET. (Learn the basic cop principle of "Give me ticket OR a lecture, but dont give BOTH")
Thank you BOTH for reminding me that in over 22 years of service, I have NEVER, EVER written a cop a ticket.
Thank You for being in the TRAFFIC UNIT and not a true street cop. I'm sure the black and white statiscal nature of traffic enforcement fits your personality just fine. Why get your hands dirty with REAL CRIMES?...Right?
Thanks for showing your true colors.
Thank you, because I am very thankful and relieved that I will be retiring in a few years and thus will not have to deal with a future generation of cops that screw each other over.
Hey...Thanks for taking money from a fellow cop's wallet. I'm sure you sleep well at night.
Once again, Thank again for the ticket D/S Hines.
:devil: MARTIN SO HINES ID 1504= T O O L .............NO TOOLBOX! :evil: :cop:

02-14-2010, 01:11 AM
Hey, here's some food for thought........

Maybe that ticket you got that hurts you in the check book so much....the one that makes your insurance go up...the one you don't think you deserve because your "a good guy".......Well maybe, just maybe the average joe blow civilian deserves the same consideration.

There are lot's of hard working people out there. Lot's of people who a $350 speeding ticket puts a major dent in their income. i don't write tickets anymore because they are way too expensive.

Honestly I feel like nothing more than a revenue collector. I have no problem with "serious offenders" and "criminal" traffic. But 90% of the tickets are BS tax collectors.

Verbals and writtens are a better means of "educating the public".

02-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Dear God, if we could only get more common sense deputies like the one who last posted to work for PBSO.

02-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Oh yeah, common sense deputies . . . the same kind who sit in their car all day long and do nothing. Who never write a ticket because they are too damn lazy, but claim it's because they are morally superior and he is doing the public a favor. The same guy who takes hours on a a call, which is always followed by 10-40, then 10-6 for the rest of the shift doing nothing.

Driving in the state of Florida is a PRIVLEDGE, which is regulated by laws. You, as deputies, are tasked with ENFORCEMENT of those laws. Stop being so lazy and write some tickets. Sitting there on your fat butt and watching the public constantly break traffic rules sends two messages. One, to the people doing it, it tells them they can continue all they want. And two, to the rest of the public, it enforces what most of them already want to believe, we are all a bunch of lazy slugs.

02-15-2010, 03:35 AM
Alwaysacrybaby - I have to agree with the guy who gives verbal warnings. I, too, have stopped issuing citations; you can say I'm lazy, but I average 12 felony arrests per month, so you will have to come up with something better. My reason is along the same lines... I won't enforce civil infractions anymore because they are simpy for collecting revenue and can really hurt a hard-working joe. I'll not write a citation for something that I do myself, as well as almost every other deputy I know.

I'm not saying I won't cite a guy who is being blatantly reckless... but they really have to push some buttons for that to happen.

02-15-2010, 03:41 AM
Oh yeah, common sense deputies . . . the same kind who sit in their car all day long and do nothing. Who never write a ticket because they are too darn lazy, but claim it's because they are morally superior and he is doing the public a favor. The same guy who takes hours on a a call, which is always followed by 10-40, then 10-6 for the rest of the shift doing nothing.

Driving in the state of Florida is a PRIVLEDGE, which is regulated by laws. You, as deputies, are tasked with ENFORCEMENT of those laws. Stop being so lazy and write some tickets. Sitting there on your fat butt and watching the public constantly break traffic rules sends two messages. One, to the people doing it, it tells them they can continue all they want. And two, to the rest of the public, it enforces what most of them already want to believe, we are all a bunch of lazy slugs.

I wonder if you would be so eager for us as deputies to write a ticket if it were YOU or one of your family members getting the cite............Professional Courtesy is NOT a right......it is also a Privileged.......and we are allowed to use discretion...This courtesy is something we give fellow LEO's out of respect, when they treat the stopping officer with the proper attitude when we encounter them. No butt kissing involved, just mutual respect. If the LEO we stop act like a flaming turd, we SHOULD STILL give him/her the respect we would want for ourselves. I would NOT want it on my conscience if I wrote a brother or sister officer a cite, and then later they ended up on the wall for the ultimate sacrifice. But then again I am from the OLD generation......I was a cop up north.....when a cop retired, fellow cops from many surrounding agencies came to the party.....it was truly a brotherhood..... Here, we can hardly get a small group together for a farewell. Its a pity actually. As stated many times, in other forums, we are our own worst enemy. We need to re-dedicate ourselves to our CHOSEN profession and afford the same courtesies to each other we would like for ourselves ! ! Lets be careful out there ! !

02-15-2010, 04:59 AM
If you give each and every person you stop a ticket then I guess you should give the cop a ticket also. However if you are giving every person a ticket , then you are obviously not using your granted right to use due discretion. I let lots of drivers go with a warning and I write my fair share of tickets. That said.....if you let just 1 civilian go with a warning but give a cop a ticket then you are a true scumb-g and a genuine idiot. I would be so embarrased to write a cop a ticket today and have him stop off duty to give me 94 tomorow when I am getin my ass kicked by some druggy, drunk , gang banger so and so who got the best of me. If you cant help out another cop with a little thing like a traffic infraction then you really are in the wrong line of work anyway.

02-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Very true what one of you wrote. I too would be devastated if I would write a citation to a fellow officer and brother/sister and later came to find out that they lost their life doing the same job I do. One story that they gave us in the academy left us to remind ourselves that cops dont write cops. And according to the instructor, its a story he gives to every class at the end of the academy.

02-16-2010, 12:47 PM
you know there is another way....written warnings....we don't do that enough...sorry but in the old days we went to work with the golden rule "treat others the way you want to be treated....forget the orders you need to write tickets.....I did and always wrote more warnings...sure some folks don't appreciate a break....so the pen comes out....but if you make a stop...run the driver...they know they screwed up ..then write a warning...you did your job.....it seems some LEO's think they are better than others....so they joy in writting tickets....it just pisses people off make them anger and upset when they pull away...a little common sence goes a long way.

02-17-2010, 12:17 AM
how about dr.s and medical people, just imagine your shot, injured or involved in an accident and your rushed to the. e/r/., and there s the dr. or nurse you gave a cit to a week prior. your screwed.....

02-17-2010, 02:06 AM
Some just don't get it. There is no Boohooing
The ticket has been been paid. That is not the whole issue. The main issue is her total disregard of who I was and what I was trying to say. She laughed, joked with her partner and seemed to enjoy what she did, as if she bagged a big fish. Something I did not add is that I seriously doubt the validity of what she said her radar reading was. I was speeding I admit it, no doubt about it. I'm not saying she was lying but...maybe stretching the truth to make her case. Did she even consider, since I have a CDL, the option of traffic school is not available to me and i have to take the points? If she did not know that. What is she doing in the TRAFFIC division? If my insurance goes up, I'll remember her every time I pay that bill.
Part of the reason why I posted this is to warn my fellow PBSO Deputies of the the possible pitfalls of speeding through Martin County. I have heard different things but it seems their traffic units may have their sights set us.
I don't know about you but I would rather not work or be around any Officer from any agency that has the propensity to enjoy screwing other cops.
Look we are human and at times we ALL speed. Lightning struck and got me out in a lonely cow land road. It's the first time in over 22 years and I am hoping the last. I am willing to put this behind me and learn from it.

Be safe out there.

You are correct..it is the principle of the incident, not the fact that you got the ticket..that is done and over with. You said a very interesting fact in your comment...."Iwould rather not work or be around any Officer from any agency that has the propensity to enjoy screwing other cops". Wow, those words are prophetic. To bad that isn't a believed sentiment. The new adage is to screw our fellow officer, not stand behind them. It is a shame , but, it is the "new way".

02-17-2010, 01:15 PM
how about dr.s and medical people, just imagine your shot, injured or involved in an accident and your rushed to the. e/r/., and there s the dr. or nurse you gave a cit to a week prior. your screwed.....

This is just how I handle business........and some of you may disagree.....and this is your right...........but personally, I DO NOT write Doctors, nurses, and Fire/EMS people.....and naturally this depends on the attitude at the time of the stop......
Why do I do this you ask????? Well, I have had some minor on-duty injuries over the years.....and they have NEVER made me wait long to be seen.....I have always been squeezed in pretty quickly.....and i appreciate it to be sure.

02-17-2010, 10:53 PM
LOL - pretty soon you won't be writing tickets for the check-out person at the super market because they bag your groceries so nicely, or the bank teller because they give you crisp $1 bills. Maybe your lack of writing tickets is why we have so many red-light & stop-sign runners and agressive motorist on the road. Because they know they can....

02-18-2010, 04:18 AM
To all my brothers and sisters in green, yall need to slow down when you aint drivin them pretty green and whites....oh heck who am I a kiddin, I am havin trouble a readin the speeds because the Hines 1504 post it note keeps gettin in the way. Be safe, when it hits the fan, all we have is each other until its over and the scene stabilizes and the media arrives.

02-19-2010, 04:12 AM
LOL - pretty soon you won't be writing tickets for the check-out person at the super market because they bag your groceries so nicely, or the bank teller because they give you crisp $1 bills. Maybe your lack of writing tickets is why we have so many red-light & stop-sign runners and agressive motorist on the road. Because they know they can....

You are correct sir......their ARE lots of those types of drivers out there........So it makes it even easier to give those that help US a break if they have the right attitude. Now go pick up the slack SUPER TROOPER ! ! ! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Michael Bianchi
02-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Professional Courtesy goes beyond the belief that every LEO stopped for a non-criminal infraction gets a Free Pass. This is a process that deals with Officer Discretion and Common Sense.
1. We don’t arrest every person who commits or is suspected of committing a misdemeanor. Example: Everyone we see sitting on a milk crate or carrying their personal belongings in a shopping cart is subjected to arrest.
2. We don’t write every citizen (LEO’s are citizens too) when we affect a traffic stop. This is just reality. LEO’s know that traffic fines are expensive and have lasting financial ramifications years after the citation is issued because of the almost always increase in insurance premiums. Our job is to “Enforce the Law” and “Keep the Peace”. We are not Revenue Agents! Our primary role during traffic enforcement is to slow people down, encourage them to obey the traffic control devices and keep people as safe as we can. This can be accomplished in many different ways and does not necessarily require a citation number.

Law Enforcement requires us to use our hearts and morality equally as we apply the law. Many times we affect a traffic stop and the offender displays a sincere regret for the infraction so a 5-minute talk on the side of the road turns a typically uncomfortable event into a positive Law Enforcement Contact which usually ends with a verbal or written warning. With respect to the common citizen, this is more effective than any citation. In the end, most of the time, this will get the desired effect we want without taking hundreds of dollars of the dinner table for the citizens who are, in all reality, our neighbors.

There are more than enough drivers out there who are just begging for a citation and usually get the citation that they deserve because of their lack of regret for the infraction or disrespect for the community, which is usually directed toward the LEO in the form of insults or total denial of the infraction.

That being said, when it comes to off-duty LEO’s some realities need to be taken into consideration. As part of our daily duties, we drive beyond the traffic limits to respond rapidly to calls for service and assisting citizens in need of help. Heck just to catch the average speeder, an LEO has to usually double the posted speed limit to affect the traffic stop. This means that typically, 12-hours a day we drive a certain way, and habits are hard to break. This is not an excuse; this is a typical human condition. An example of this is a truck driver. All day long they take wide slow turns at intersections and usually take an extended amount of time while reversing. But you will notice that once they get out of the tractor and hop in the car, they continue to take wide slow turns, get the point? It’s hard to change hats. Sometimes we forget that we’re off-duty and not every trip in the car is a call for service. This is why LEO’s, like truck drivers and other persons in similar situations, are extended additional consideration because of their lifestyle.

Personally, I treat every citizen the same, no matter if the person I’ve just stopped is a LEO, truck driver, or housewife. I take in the totality of the circumstances and apply common sense. If someone I stop displays a sincere regret for the traffic infraction, and did not act so recklessly that other motorists were placed in immediate danger, I take a more reasonable course of action. Because of this I have never had the misfortune of writing another LEO a citation. Every LEO, and there have only been a few, have always been respectful, displayed a sincere regret for the infraction, and promised to take it down a few notches while driving. So whether it’s an LEO behind the wheel or a citizen, common sense and a little understanding goes a long way. LEO’s pay taxes just like everyone else; they are our neighbors and deserve the same respect we should be affording everyone we come in contact with.

The original poster made it clear that nothing short of total respect and sincere regret was offered to Ds Hines. I’m less concerned about the poster and more concerned about Ds Hines. We don’t need LEO’s who act without regard for the human condition. I can only imagine that Ds Hines treats all citizens the same way, and that’s not good for anyone. Of course I was not there; I am only going with the information supplied by the original poster.

02-20-2010, 02:27 AM

I remember a co-worker pulled over a NYPD detective vacationing in FLA and speeding about 95 in a 50...

I remember the Ofc. struggling to decide what to do....

I told him, either write the ticket, or don't. (so he did neither)

He went ahead and knocked the ticket down to 60 in a 50.....

Next day we were in the Chief's office explaining why an off duty NYPD det. was in the Chief's office complaining that we show NO "Professional Courtesy" and GAVE HIM A 10 mile over ticket!

Lesson learned for me.

Pay the ticket, slow down.

There should be no "struggle"...... knocked the ticket down...wooo hooo... what great guy.... you are both azzholes.

02-20-2010, 05:21 PM
There should be no "struggle"...... knocked the ticket down...wooo hooo... what great guy.... you are both azzholes.

Yeah sure... it's all fun and games until that a hole from NY plows into your wife's minivan at 95 mph.... But your wife should have known better right?

Some of you guys need to take your badge off and stare at it for a minute and understand the Public Trust that it represents...

Either do it now, or FDLE and/or your Admin will do it for you.

02-20-2010, 08:31 PM

This is just how I handle business........and some of you may disagree.....and this is your right...........but personally, I DO NOT write Doctors, nurses, and Fire/EMS people.....and naturally this depends on the attitude at the time of the stop......
Why do I do this you ask????? Well, I have had some minor on-duty injuries over the years.....and they have NEVER made me wait long to be seen.....I have always been squeezed in pretty quickly.....and i appreciate it to be sure.

As a civilian, I honestly get upset when I see deputies out here in Belle Glade turn their lights on for a red light then turn them off as soon as they are past it. As far as the issue with writing dr.s, nurses, etc. tickets, I had a deputy write me a ticket right after I had my first child and I was in tears (mainly hormones still out of control) but I saw him often in the pharmacy where I worked and that did not change how I served him. In fact, I treated him the best out of my customers (along with a few others) because he was a nice guy, plain and simple. I did not hold a grudge and the ticket did not affect my service because I take pride in my job. To the officer who views tickets as a way to collect revenue, thank you for the consideration on that one. Sometimes I chuckle when I go through South Bay or Clewiston and see people getting pulled over left and right I think "well, I guess they're just having another fundraiser"

02-23-2010, 02:06 AM
Funny thing about having a Fundraiser as you call it, is there has to be a cause. You cause tickets to happen by speeding. Don't speed don't get a ticket. Seriously is it THAT hard to do? People don't go to jail for doing nothing wrong, but it seems everyone gets a ticket never did anything to warrant it. This is a loss cause because people are always going to complain. The way I see it is cut and dry; don't speed you won't get a ticket. It's really not that hard to understand but people will continue to biatch about it.

02-23-2010, 05:58 PM
[quote="guest 345786":1g5iy62c]how about dr.s and medical people, just imagine your shot, injured or involved in an accident and your rushed to the. e/r/., and there s the dr. or nurse you gave a cit to a week prior. your screwed.....

As a civilian, I honestly get upset when I see deputies out here in Belle Glade turn their lights on for a red light then turn them off as soon as they are past it. As far as the issue with writing dr.s, nurses, etc. tickets, I had a deputy write me a ticket right after I had my first child and I was in tears (mainly hormones still out of control) but I saw him often in the pharmacy where I worked and that did not change how I served him. In fact, I treated him the best out of my customers (along with a few others) because he was a nice guy, plain and simple. I did not hold a grudge and the ticket did not affect my service because I take pride in my job. To the officer who views tickets as a way to collect revenue, thank you for the consideration on that one. Sometimes I chuckle when I go through South Bay or Clewiston and see people getting pulled over left and right I think "well, I guess they're just having another fundraiser"[/quote:1g5iy62c]

Im sure this happens every day......THE REASON this happens is because we are trying to get someplace a little quicker than the normal flow of traffic would allow.....we cant just throw the lights/siren on and run warp 10 everywhere we go. Would you want me to take the red lights to get to YOUR house when you had something in progress going on???? Or would you rather I wait thru the cycles of a few red lights to get there....that could add 5 minutes or more.....I think perhaps you would want me to do this for you too. Trust me....we are not doing this to go to Black Gold for lunch.

02-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Your nose is growing............

02-23-2010, 11:31 PM
"Im sure this happens every day......THE REASON this happens is because we are trying to get someplace a little quicker than the normal flow of traffic would allow.....we cant just throw the lights/siren on and run warp 10 everywhere we go. Would you want me to take the red lights to get to YOUR house when you had something in progress going on???? Or would you rather I wait thru the cycles of a few red lights to get there....that could add 5 minutes or more.....I think perhaps you would want me to do this for you too. Trust me....we are not doing this to go to Black Gold for lunch.Guest "

Please spare us the song and dance; I work across the street and in the AM the only place your speeding to is your line-up at Gun Club.

02-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Every agency has an Ofc. Hines. I know there are atleast two in the PBSO who have written cops that I know. One that got a ticket was my brother, as we were on our way back from Miami we stopped over at a friends house. My brother and I are both street cops yet it didn't stop one of your motor units from stroking my brother for 15 over (NO BREAK). He was told when he approached that we were both LEOS and carrying firearms and his response? "So I have a gun too, I ain't worried about it."
So my brother a Sergeant in NorthEast Florida gets a ticket and we're on our way. My brothers like "Hey look at all the times we could have gotten tickets and haven't I'm not sweating it." Me I was pissed and still think the motor guy was a prick but it's done. The other is a neighbor who is a trooper who was pretty much told that he wasn't getting a break because troopers don't give PBSO a break. Both of these were within the last 2 years so I doubt these guys are gone or that my brother or neighbor were the first or last.
Now having said all this, I don't know Hines but know people who do and will get a message to her. This officer does not necessarily represent Martin counties attitude towards brother LEOS anymore than the two I wrote about represent PBSO. We both have simpletons and idiots and sometimes we have to intereact with them.

02-26-2010, 03:36 AM
OK THEN ! ! ! ! Lets hear it ! ! ! Please tell us who OUR A-Holes are so we can use peer pressure to guide then to the right path. I dont subscribe to cops writing cops......sometimes it unavoidable like in a DUI crash with injuries or something serious......but speeding???
Tell us please......this is what peer pressure is for.

02-26-2010, 03:13 PM
"Im sure this happens every day......THE REASON this happens is because we are trying to get someplace a little quicker than the normal flow of traffic would allow.....we cant just throw the lights/siren on and run warp 10 everywhere we go. Would you want me to take the red lights to get to YOUR house when you had something in progress going on???? Or would you rather I wait thru the cycles of a few red lights to get there....that could add 5 minutes or more.....I think perhaps you would want me to do this for you too. Trust me....we are not doing this to go to Black Gold for lunch.Guest "

Please spare us the song and dance; I work across the street and in the AM the only place your speeding to is your line-up at Gun Club.

Sorry, but we dont have our line-ups at Gun Club.......they are right there in Sparkle City ! ! !

04-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Before you guys throw stones at anyone why don’t you talk to your the deputy’s at the airport? I am a cop in a city north of Martin County and ALWAYS get you guys speeding (sometimes 50mph over ) I have never wrote a cop a ticket and never will. I am not here to ***** about you guys speeding, however it seems every time any of us have been to PBI we are always hassled about BS things even in uniform! Lets see there was the time I stopped to get my elderly mother’s bags when she was about 30 feet from my car, your parking guy walks up to me and says is there a problem? I explained that my 74 year old mother was just inside the door and I was just going to grab her bag. He tells me I need to circle around until she was closer to the curb(I am in uniform by the way). I see my mother standing at the exit door so I walked over grab her bag and we proceeded to leave. Sure enough I see a green & white in my mirror and he lights me up. I ask him if everything was ok and he explains the reason for the stop is I am going 6mph over the posted. He then explains he is going to issue me a citation, I said if he wants to start a ticket war I will be sure to give every PBSO deputy speeding in my city a citation also. He then says "oh your right we do have a lot of deputies who live there" and lets me leave. I was stopped another time (airport again) and was told theere is a zero tolerance ticket policy and he has to issue me a citation, (what was the big offense you ask???) Stopping on the shoulder of the access road to answer the call from the person I was picking up. So before you complain about any other agency how about doing some of your own house keeping. It is well known up here that there is NO professional courtesy given at PBI. It is a shame because I will always extend PC to any LEO from any agency and would help ANY of my brothers in any situation.

04-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Before you guys throw stones at anyone why don’t you talk to your the deputy’s at the airport? I am a cop in a city north of Martin County and ALWAYS get you guys speeding (sometimes 50mph over ) I have never wrote a cop a ticket and never will. I am not here to ***** about you guys speeding, however it seems every time any of us have been to PBI we are always hassled about BS things even in uniform! Lets see there was the time I stopped to get my elderly mother’s bags when she was about 30 feet from my car, your parking guy walks up to me and says is there a problem? I explained that my 74 year old mother was just inside the door and I was just going to grab her bag. He tells me I need to circle around until she was closer to the curb(I am in uniform by the way). I see my mother standing at the exit door so I walked over grab her bag and we proceeded to leave. Sure enough I see a green & white in my mirror and he lights me up. I ask him if everything was ok and he explains the reason for the stop is I am going 6mph over the posted. He then explains he is going to issue me a citation, I said if he wants to start a ticket war I will be sure to give every PBSO deputy speeding in my city a citation also. He then says "oh your right we do have a lot of deputies who live there" and lets me leave. I was stopped another time (airport again) and was told theere is a zero tolerance ticket policy and he has to issue me a citation, (what was the big offense you ask???) Stopping on the shoulder of the access road to answer the call from the person I was picking up. So before you complain about any other agency how about doing some of your own house keeping. It is well known up here that there is NO professional courtesy given at PBI. It is a shame because I will always extend PC to any LEO from any agency and would help ANY of my brothers in any situation.

First, just to let you know the ones outside in the terminate are not deputies, but rather Traffic Aides, who give us a hassle. The captain at the airport put out agencywide emails telling us we can't double park or park for free. So, please don't let that experience define your opinion about real deputies at PBSO.

04-13-2010, 04:21 PM

Seems to me that you are taking advantage of the system, who the hell gets hassled so much? Maybe you should look in the mirror...

04-14-2010, 02:54 AM
THE SAME THING happened to me a few years ago at the airport......we were coming back from a ski trip and had 3 suitcases and skis....my wife was just outside the doors....trying to move the luggage a few feet at a time to the curb while i got the truck around to her.....Some PES gave em a ration and told me to move on.....I refused and told him to call his Sgt. He walked away and as I was finishing loading I saw the Sgt inside the doors.....I went and spoke to him and he said dont worry about it.....a week later i had an IA complaint from the PES. Nothing came of it and I wrote his ass up in return for being rude and for STREEEEEETCHING the truth. Some of the PES are WAYYYY to big in their little minds. Whats the distance from the doors to the curb??? 25 feet?? 30???? There is no need to do that to people.

04-14-2010, 12:44 PM
THE SAME THING happened to me a few years ago at the airport......we were coming back from a ski trip and had 3 suitcases and skis....my wife was just outside the doors....trying to move the luggage a few feet at a time to the curb while i got the truck around to her.....Some PES gave em a ration and told me to move on.....I refused and told him to call his Sgt. He walked away and as I was finishing loading I saw the Sgt inside the doors.....I went and spoke to him and he said dont worry about it.....a week later i had an IA complaint from the PES. Nothing came of it and I wrote his ass up in return for being rude and for STREEEEEETCHING the truth. Some of the PES are WAYYYY to big in their little minds. Whats the distance from the doors to the curb??? 25 feet?? 30???? There is no need to do that to people.

You guys are disgusting, you should respect the uniform, who do you think you are? Imagine someone did that to you! I dont care if he is certified or not!! He has a job to do and your worried about not being able to throw your weight! and then you have the nerve to file a complaint on him becuase he was doing his job, he filed a complaint on you apparently becuase you identified yourself and became beligerent... oh im sorry you are a police officer, we couldnt live without you!!!! I am a LEO also and wish I could tell people what to do all the time, but it doesnt work that way. THe fact is when you arent working in the capacity dont let your EGO get you jammed up.... maybe you are too young or new to realize this... You must respect to learn... maybe you are giving us all a bad name by the way you act...

FYI, since 911 there has been many policy changes all over the country, you probaby werent even a cop before that... I used to get mad for the same reason you stated above, but I finally realized that my badge dont mean !@# All it does is take care of my family with bi-weekly paychecks... Be safe and learn to respect, people dont need to be a cop to tell you what to do :)

04-15-2010, 03:54 AM
It has NOTHING to do with throwing my weight around. It has EVERYTHING to do with common courtesy to the public. Making someone take a lap around the airport while the rest of the party drags heavy baggage 15 feet farther is STUPID ! ! My vehicle would not have been unattended and i would not have been there more than two minutes MAYBE ! ! Why would anyone with a brain do this to people. And to answer how he knew I was a DS.......he got the dispatcher to run the tag for him.......

04-16-2010, 01:04 AM
It has NOTHING to do with throwing my weight around. It has EVERYTHING to do with common courtesy to the public. Making someone take a lap around the airport while the rest of the party drags heavy baggage 15 feet farther is STUPID ! ! My vehicle would not have been unattended and i would not have been there more than two minutes MAYBE ! ! Why would anyone with a brain do this to people. And to answer how he knew I was a DS.......he got the dispatcher to run the tag for him.......

Truthfully, you sound like an angry 4 year old... Grow up... there are reasons and decisions, I am sure that they are made above your pay grade DEP!

Why dont you take some domestic security classes and go yell at a teen who is hodling a beer, your making a difference :)