PDA

View Full Version : CCPD unclaimed & confiscated property auctions?

02-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Does CCPD conduct monthly or quarterly auctions for recovered property and confiscated stuff? Just wondering because I'm looking for a decent used bicycle. I remember when I was growing up the local cops used to have a fenced in impound yard for recovered bikes out back. They used to auction them off every so often if no one claimed them.

I've been looking around but the less exspenive department store bikes are all junk these days and everyone on Craigslist thinks their bike is either vintage gold, or it's worth 80% of what they paid for it. :snicker:

Local bike shops aren't an option either. Bikes there start off at $300+ and I really just need a reliable beater that i don't need to worry about being stolen, and if it is it's not any great loss.

Any just thought i'd ask he before calling up the department and asking around.

02-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Does CCPD conduct monthly or quarterly auctions for recovered property and confiscated stuff? Just wondering because I'm looking for a decent used bicycle. I remember when I was growing up the local cops used to have a fenced in impound yard for recovered bikes out back. They used to auction them off every so often if no one claimed them.

I've been looking around but the less exspenive department store bikes are all junk these days and everyone on Craigslist thinks their bike is either vintage gold, or it's worth 80% of what they paid for it. :snicker:

Local bike shops aren't an option either. Bikes there start off at $300+ and I really just need a reliable beater that i don't need to worry about being stolen, and if it is it's not any great loss.

Any just thought i'd ask he before calling up the department and asking around.

You'd ask before you called? Who the heck do you think you are.
We are to busy ripping off banks around here, we dont have time you.
Used bikes what the heck?
We dont have any used bikes , we only mortgages. Yes mortgages and a couple open police jobs in the next weeks or so.

02-12-2010, 12:36 AM
All I want is a schwinn or a huffy. I do not need a Ditek Mortgage. What do you mean when there are going to be openings in the the next week? Is one of the positions in the used bike section?

02-12-2010, 01:54 AM
All I want is a schwinn or a huffy. I do not need a Ditek Mortgage. What do you mean when there are going to be openings in the the next week? Is one of the positions in the used bike section?

Yes is the gym and fitness section.

And a Sgt may be moving to Hollywood she may have a minor rule in a new tv show.
Yes its about white trash homewreckers who spend their time bringing in contraband into federal prisons.