PDA

View Full Version : Pompano Truth-Read if you care

02-03-2010, 09:32 PM
If you are tired of listening to rumors like I am then click this link and actually READ IT. There is a lot of non-sense but you have to read through. After I read it, I could care less if BSO loses Pompano or not. I would gladly go to Pompano PD and not have to deal with all the politics and complaining of all you old farts at BSO. The conclusions of the key arguments most deputies would care about are:
- Salary: the budget proposes for $52,000 /officer/year (aka you make 52K a year)
-Pension: Pompano PD would use the FRS Pension plan and pay 100% of cost
-Take Home: they budgeted to get enough vehicles for take homes, but it is not set in stone if they will get them or not.
- Health Ins: no specifics, but you can't really expect it to be as cheap as BSO, sorry
If you don't believe me, then actually read through this Memo from the City Manager, and STOP LISTENING TO ALL THE RUMORS (We all know that is what BSO is good for).

http://www.mypompanobeach.org/Delivery% ... 2-1-10.pdf (http://www.mypompanobeach.org/Delivery%20of%20Police%20Services%202-1-10.pdf)

02-12-2010, 03:41 PM
whjats the difference if we go or not??? the new guys will go there and the pba wont do anything for us and we will take it nice go pomapano wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

02-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Actually thew newest employees will be laid off and will have to apply to Pompano if they want to work there. Now saying that one of the commisioners said they will be able to get some senior people from BSO because they are hunger. That's a load of crap. They will only go if you pay them the money they want. A top of DS makes 67,000 and up. Who in their right mind would go to PPD for 52,000.00. So unless they are willing to spend a little more they are mistaken and if they are willing to spend more then their study or plan they want is once again inaccurate.

02-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Not to mention...don't you think people from EVERYWHERE are going to be applying to Pompano PD??? Every person that gets laid off from BSO is NOT going to get hired by Pomapno. In fact, they may not want former BSO personnel. You'd better believe if they get some guys with senority either from out of state or from north/central FL they are going to hire them over some rookie that was laid off by BSO. Either that or they may want someone w/ no LEO experience vs. someone who came from BSO and may be pissed about the formation of Pompano PD...

02-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Ist of all, if Pompano goes back to their own department, it would not be for at least another year or more. By that time, several people from BSO would have already left the agency for various reasons. Some Deputy's would quit BSO and apply to PBPD, abd BSO will be able to absorbe some, but not many. So if this does happen, hopefully it wont be as bad as it sounds by the time it occurred. If PBPD does not go FRS, you will loose all your time you already have in FRS. If you truly hate BSO, then leave and go somewhere else. Stop thinking about yourself and think about all the young deputy's with families that will now be on the unemployment line. You forget, that you cant stand BSO, but it sure paid your bills and you did not have to buy another car or pay gas or insurance. Look at the picture, stop being so angey and be thankful you have a great job with good benefits with a pension. Just ask your neighbor with that masters degree about how it feels to be on that umemployment line for the past year. Some of you people are some real greedy fuc*ers. I am not a rookie, I have been here 22 years. I am very happy that I have a good paying job and benefits. Be thankful and not greedy.

02-13-2010, 04:06 AM
First let me say that I don’t want to lose Pompano because of the job’s and the disruption of people’s lives. Having said that, we should never have taken Pompano in the first place. Don’t you guys remember that Pompano was the department you went to when no other would hire you? So now we have all of those guys in our ranks, the ones that were rejected by us in the first place. Which I believe lowered our moral and our overall standards. Moral was lowered because of Pompano’s good old boy network; many deserving deputies were kept from specialized units so they could bring their friends in. Before you say I’m a malcontent, I am in a specialized unit, so I have seen it firsthand. Yes: we are fortunate for our jobs that have given us so much, and a little complaining does not make one a BSO hater. But on the other hand, we band of brothers and sisters strap on a gun and leave home every day with no guarantee that we will return home. That’s what makes us special, that’s why we should always get the benefit of the doubt until evidence says different. When average Joe/Jane can pass all the tests needed just to get hired, and make it through the academy, FTO, and a year of probation, they will be entitled to wear the badge. My point is that this is not just a regular job, a very small percent of applicants get hired. Your friends with the master’s degree are the greedy ones, who thought the higher degree would get them more money. Yet I know several people with master’s degrees that can’t put a coherent sentence together. Once you have been a cop for awhile you have earned a degree, which is higher than any degree you could get from a so called institute of higher learning. Do us all a favor and stop talking down to your fellow LEO’s, and maybe we can respect each other.

02-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Ist of all, if Pompano goes back to their own department, it would not be for at least another year or more. By that time, several people from BSO would have already left the agency for various reasons. Some Deputy's would quit BSO and apply to PBPD, abd BSO will be able to absorbe some, but not many. So if this does happen, hopefully it wont be as bad as it sounds by the time it occurred. If PBPD does not go FRS, you will loose all your time you already have in FRS. If you truly hate BSO, then leave and go somewhere else. Stop thinking about yourself and think about all the young deputy's with families that will now be on the unemployment line. You forget, that you cant stand BSO, but it sure paid your bills and you did not have to buy another car or pay gas or insurance. Look at the picture, stop being so angey and be thankful you have a great job with good benefits with a pension. Just ask your neighbor with that masters degree about how it feels to be on that umemployment line for the past year. Some of you people are some real greedy fuc*ers. I am not a rookie, I have been here 22 years. I am very happy that I have a good paying job and benefits. Be thankful and not greedy.

You never loose your FRS time. If you end up going to Pompano or somewhere else, your time will always stay in the FRS bank. You can always come back to another job with an FRS retirement and start up again from the day you left with the retirement.

02-13-2010, 07:50 PM

You never loose your FRS time. If you end up going to Pompano or somewhere else, your time will always stay in the FRS bank. You can always come back to another job with an FRS retirement and start up again from the day you left with the retirement.

If FRS time can be loose, can it be tightened as well???

02-13-2010, 09:42 PM

I understand that, what I am saying is that if Pompano PD does not have FRS and you never go to another Dept. with FRS, then its like all that time was wasted. eqayr6

02-13-2010, 09:43 PM

If FRS time can be loose, can it be tightened as well???

Ya Ya , don't be a smart azz. I did not proof read it first.

02-14-2010, 03:22 AM

The PBA needs to stop posting things like this and work at representing us against the sheriff. Thats why PH will never work the road, he's in the SHeriff's hip pocket and his knee pads are replaced on a regular basis.

02-14-2010, 04:00 AM
First let me say that I don’t want to lose Pompano because of the job’s and the disruption of people’s lives. Having said that, we should never have taken Pompano in the first place. Don’t you guys remember that Pompano was the department you went to when no other would hire you? So now we have all of those guys in our ranks, the ones that were rejected by us in the first place. Which I believe lowered our moral and our overall standards. Moral was lowered because of Pompano’s good old boy network; many deserving deputies were kept from specialized units so they could bring their friends in. Before you say I’m a malcontent, I am in a specialized unit, so I have seen it firsthand. Yes: we are fortunate for our jobs that have given us so much, and a little complaining does not make one a BSO hater. But on the other hand, we band of brothers and sisters strap on a gun and leave home every day with no guarantee that we will return home. That’s what makes us special, that’s why we should always get the benefit of the doubt until evidence says different. When average Joe/Jane can pass all the tests needed just to get hired, and make it through the academy, FTO, and a year of probation, they will be entitled to wear the badge. My point is that this is not just a regular job, a very small percent of applicants get hired. Your friends with the master’s degree are the greedy ones, who thought the higher degree would get them more money. Yet I know several people with master’s degrees that can’t put a coherent sentence together. Once you have been a cop for awhile you have earned a degree, which is higher than any degree you could get from a so called institute of higher learning. Do us all a favor and stop talking down to your fellow LEO’s, and maybe we can respect each other.

Are you kidding me? You say Pompano is a place people got hired that couldn't get hired anywhere else. Please, their hiring standards were much higher then ours. Don't let your hatred for Pompano blind you. The only reason they came here was because their city commission sold them out for a few bucks. I was around during that time and a lot of guys were sweating because Pompano was about to annex all the land north to Deerfield which would have put a lot of deputies out of work. If it weren't for the contract cities we would be serving civil process and guarding prisoners. Get off your high horse.

02-14-2010, 08:38 PM
id rather be treated like crap form a chief for a city than a boss who doesnt know how to drive the streets except to the city hall to beg

02-16-2010, 04:53 PM
i think they will do what they want and you cant do anything about it so just take it like you always do

02-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Wait, I want to make sure I understand this guy. Pompano guys couldn't get hired any place else? You need to check your facts. Pompano guys have had more people who left to go to agencies like the Secret Service, FBI, DEA, FDLE than BSO ever has. Not to mention that many of the guys who merged are all in major key positions at BSO. So don't talk trash, saying that we aren't up to par because it makes you sound like the average big mouth, do nothing that BSO hired for years and years, way before Pompano came on board.

I do understand the resentment. It's the same resentment that I got from the stupid kids in school, when I got a good grade. It made them look bad and instead of stepping up their game, they blamed to guys who tried to do a good job.

Don't trash a bunch of good people and then call for mutual respect. It just sounds hollow.

With all BSO's money, especially when compared with the little we had at Pompano, BSO should be an agency second to none. The fact that BSO historically only cares about looking good and being good has never been a real concern, is a reflection of the man power BSO has spent years hiring.

I'm not saying Pompano didn't have it's share of slugs. We did. But to make it sound like we are not at least on par with BSO, is a sad joke, stated be a small minded guy, obviously trying to feel supior to some one, even when that's not reality.

As far as Pompano starting a new PD, that's a really bad idea if for only only one reason. Pompano is not going to spend the money to do it right, which means that it will be an even bigger circle jerk thank it is with BSO at the helm.

Maybe if they put a Pompano guy incharge of hiring , we can get some quaity cops in the ranks and actually start working toward doing a good job, instead of just the pretending that BSO is famous for.

02-20-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm a little confused here. According to your novel, of those from Pompano, "many of the guys who merged are all in key positions". Then you go on to say how lousy BSO is and if some of the Pompano guys were in charge, this wouldn't have happened. So which is it?

If I believe your first comment, then what everyone has said about Pompano cops is true. They screwed up BSO and continue to do so. By the way, in case you hadn't noticed the handing out of key positions frequently has nothing to do with what you know. So I ask - how did they get there in the first place? Usually selling out your city to help obtain the contract goes a long way toward promotion. So much for Pompano talent. My expectations aren't too high for a PD that was named after a fish.

02-22-2010, 01:29 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself. You are a little confused. I'm sure that no matter what facts you're beaten over the head with, you will remain a little confused.

It was the Pompano guys who screwed up BSO? That's funny. That's like replacing the Capt. of the Titanic after the iceberg was struck and blaming the new guy for the wreck. BSO was a wreck before Pompano guys arrived on the scene. But don't worry, we'll continue to bail while you walk around confused.

02-22-2010, 08:37 PM
No way! BSO was a very together agency prior to Pompano joining. Now there's haters and backstabbers and no feeling of unity. Pompano refused to accept the takeover and cling to their dinosaur ways. They've infiltrated numerous units bringing their brand of low life police ethics with them. They've always been a problem and ruin the new recruits who get sent there out of the academy.

02-22-2010, 09:11 PM
No way! BSO was a very together agency prior to Pompano joining. Now there's haters and backstabbers and no feeling of unity. Pompano refused to accept the takeover and cling to their dinosaur ways. They've infiltrated numerous units bringing their brand of low life police ethics with them. They've always been a problem and ruin the new recruits who get sent there out of the academy.

No agency is without their own problems. BSO had problems prior to the merger as did Pompano PD. After the merger those problems came together to make the "perfect storm" to create the problems we now face together as one agency. Bottom line is Pompano PD no longer exists for over ten years now. Whether you are original BSO, original Pompano PD or hired since the merger, you are BSO and if you are not part of the solution to the BSO future, you are the corrupt back stabbing sniveling whining problem child you so commonly come to this message board to condemn. Get over yourself, try to enjoy the years you have left to work here and prepare yourself for a healthy retirement, when ever that may be.

02-24-2010, 01:36 PM
dont worry, you wont have pompano to blame soon, you might have to blame yourself