PDA

View Full Version : H.R. 218 qualification February 24, 2010 in Tampa

SenseiDave
01-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Greetings,
If you or someone you know is a retired Law Enforcement Officer, residing in Florida, who needs to qualify with their handgun to carry nationwide under the federal law popularly known as H.R. 218, here is your chance:

I'll be offering this ANNUAL qualification class on WEDNESDAY, February 24th at 8:30AM at the Shoot Straight Gun Shop Range on the S.E corner of US 301 / M.L.K. in Tampa. Bring your pistol, revolver or both and 40 rounds of factory ammo. Eyes & ears are loaned free at the shop, and ammo is available for sale. There may be a nominal range fee for non members of Shoot Straight. I am not comfortable charging my brothers & sisters for my time but will be happy to accept a check as a donation to one of the groups where I give many hours: Gulf Ridge Council - Boy Scouts of America.

If you have any questions, you may call me at home; 977-7771. Please be on time and we should finish in about an hour.

---Dave Bryant,
FDLE Certified Police Firearms Instructor
NRA Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor

David P. Bryant - Brooksville Police Department
Certified General & High Liability Instructor
Specialty Areas: Firearms, Use of Force, Vehicle Operations, Interrogation
Certified Forensic Polygraph Examiner
(813) 977-4700

09-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Dear Dave. I'm a retired NJ patrol sergeant and chief firearms instructor. Several of my retired cop friends have the FL carry permist but want the HR 218. As you know, cops don't lke to pay to shoot. Plus the required 12 month re-certification. Do you know of any unit that will certify us? We have weapons, ammo, and safety gear. Thanks. Sgt Bruce R. Griffith (RET) email griffi20@bigplanet.com.