PDA

View Full Version : PBA

01-28-2010, 02:18 AM
Okay we all know we aren't going to get a raise this year. So since our contract is up in June what is PBA going to ask for. Why haven't they contacted the members of this agency and asked what we want. We should be asking for benefits increases, or something on those lines. They need to ask instead of just thinking they know what we need or want. If they screw this up they need to go.

01-28-2010, 03:44 AM
You need to worry about keeping your job! The FLPBA aswell as our departments hands are tied due to the economy. The states budget is also still on the decline so benefits will not be gotten by anyone. Get ready for your health coverage to also go up, thats a gaurantee! If you screw up then call the FLPBA and they surely will help you but, hold on tight, the state is talking about cutting actual filled positions. LEO's look to be safe but alot of folks in other positions will feel it. In this situation there is no union within the United States that can help. Just hold on tight and go for the ride!

01-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Crist: Budget will not include layoffs, pay cuts for state workers

By Bill Cotterell
Florida Capital Bureau

Gov. Charlie Crist said today the state budget he sends to the Legislature late this week will not call for state employee layoffs or pay cuts.

Addressing news editors from across Florida at the annual Associated Press conference, Crist said "the economy is everything" in the 2010 legislative session, which convenes on March 2.

He said that for the first time in his administration, state budget director Jerry McDaniel will have more tax money to work with than the state took in last year -- although growing needs in education, prisons, transportation and other budget categories are expected to more than consume the revenue growth.

He didn't go into personnel details but, as he left the conference, Crist was asked if the budget he discloses on Friday will require layoffs of state employees.

"I don't think so, I don't," said Crist. He said furloughs and pay cuts can be avoided "by smart-funding our entire budget. I think that after Friday you'll see that Jerry McDaniel has done a tremendous job of making sure that we have a balanced budget that does live within our means and does not require layoffs."

Some legislative leaders have said state budget constraints might force lawmakers to make all employees -- including senior managers and legislators themselves -- pay monthly health-insurance premiums. About 27,000 state employees, including elected officers and Selected Exempt and Senior Management Service workers, have state-paid insurance.

"I don't anticipate that either," Crist said, when asked about insurance changes. "We're going to keep the current health insurance ... the way it is."

01-29-2010, 03:30 PM
The state has money they just want to use it other places. I understand the budget is tight. I understand there is no raise coming, I don't expect a raise for the next two years. However, there are other issues which could be raised which would not cost the state much if any large amount of money over time. I'm saying the PBA doesn't need to sit back again and do nothing. They should be communicating with the members of the collective bargaining units, which is all of us whether we are PBA actual members or not we all have a say in our contract and find out what changes could be proposed to be made.

01-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Be proactive and call them. If they do nothing with your call to volunteer to help the cause then you may post they are doing nothing. Its too easy to say WHAT IS PBA doing without being involved yourself.