PDA

View Full Version : Can I go to D5 fo a little S15 time???

01-26-2010, 05:13 AM
So, why is it that TB has nothing to do with S15's, but it's emailed from her email address? I'm gonna say it's getting old that the person who makes the S15 calendar, WHOM ever one it really is.....always has 10+ hours and believe it or not they are always at Finlay. If I put in a transfer to D5 can I get a Fin thrown my way????? Same F'n people getting hours every month and the same ones getting F'ed over.

Since it's a mystery on who actually makes the S15 calendar....let's try this....use the Lt and Detective skills together and see if you can figure out how to make the calendar a little FAIR. If this can be done between solving your 3 part ones a month.

I know that this issue hasn't made the solution page of the MANS suggestion box website after I know several complaints have entered the block hole sitting in the district office. Guess it's not as important as the lunch issues in the jail, but maybe one day.....

01-26-2010, 06:16 AM
I'm with that guy.......I put a signal 15 calendar in EVERY month, I pay my fuel EVERY month, and I ALWAYS get the shaft. I guess you gotta play kiss @$$ to get any real details. It's sad when the 2 or 3 details I get a month only add up to be 5 or 6 hours total. Then you have people making $10,000 more a year than I do getting twice as many detail hours. I'll put it this way, there's more e-mails that go out in one day about found property or the lunch menu than I have received in Finlay's in the last 4-5 years. You tell me how that adds up?!? The "several" people making the detail act as if no one will notice, but we do. Especially the ones it effects financially.

That is all. Good day.

01-27-2010, 02:34 AM
Let me defend the sig-15 process. In the past. if you were a friend of the maker of the assignments you got a lot of hours. Now, the maker of the schedule puts the amount of people requesting sig 15, then the hours available, then does a simple division of the two, then you have the amount of hours each person receives. Now it's not perfect but it's close, and beats the hell out of someone getting 60 hours and me getting 12 as was the case before the people who do it now took over. So if you don't like what you are getting, complain, the Lt that runs this thing will let you see how difficult it is and how FAIR it is compared to what did exist. Hey, I have a idea, quit, go to Escambia. they are needing folks to do sig 15. I just reread my statement, division, Santa Rosa County, higher education, sorry, never mind, just keep up the complaining, then it will revert to the old way and if you are special the benefit will be yours.

01-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Let me defend the sig-15 process. In the past. if you were a friend of the maker of the assignments you got a lot of hours. Now, the maker of the schedule puts the amount of people requesting sig 15, then the hours available, then does a simple division of the two, then you have the amount of hours each person receives. Now it's not perfect but it's close, and beats the hell out of someone getting 60 hours and me getting 12 as was the case before the people who do it now took over. So if you don't like what you are getting, complain, the Lt that runs this thing will let you see how difficult it is and how FAIR it is compared to what did exist. Hey, I have a idea, quit, go to Escambia. they are needing folks to do sig 15. I just reread my statement, division, Santa Rosa County, higher education, sorry, never mind, just keep up the complaining, then it will revert to the old way and if you are special the benefit will be yours.
If you knew DB was screwing over people, why didnt you do something aobut it. Now you come here and say quit and go to Escambia if you have a complaint about anything. There is a trend going on here, if you say anything bad about any admin action you should shut up. Well I say YOU shut up and let the people vent. Its obvious than nothing else will get done. By the way, how did DB get the S15 job as just a deputy? Too bad he got promoted, he could just be screwing over people on S15--now he can screw any deputy. Too bad.....

01-28-2010, 03:07 AM

Thanks for the response TB!

01-28-2010, 04:13 AM
i think it is fair the way it is.....
But nomatter who does it some one will always complain.

01-28-2010, 07:00 AM
i know when DB was in charge of the sig15's i got NO details. every months no matter what...NONE, NOTHING. and for some reason ??? others got a job a day almost.

The system now is way better. i average about 6-12 hours a month...wich is fine w/ me. and in the summer i think everyone makes $$ w/ the condo's. I personally dont want more than what im getting cause i enjoy my days off. and the sig 15's are just play money for me. i dont need it to survive and niether should you...If you do, your living beyond your means and you need to stop.

the ONLY complaint i have is i dont believe anyone of Command level (LT's and above) should be working side jobs. and Dep's (slick sleeve's) should get preference over sgt's when it comes to the scheduling. just my two cents worth.

01-28-2010, 09:56 PM
we need DB back. He can screw everyone over and nobody will say anything. They will be afraid he will talk about them behind their back. I feel for anyone working for him. Watch your back.

01-29-2010, 01:11 AM
At the SRSO, the Lt.'s only get 5% for the promotion from Sgt. Not a lot to put up with the headaches if you ask me. A deputy can have a ten increase (total) at 15 years with no excess responsibility. Any Lt. at the SRSO has Sgt.'s who make as much or more than them due to holiday pay etc. and they work four days a week and they only have to watch over three or four deputies for ten hours at a time.

It doesn't seem excessive that a Lt.may get a few hours a month in signal 15 given the lack of any real pay or incentive to get promoted. No Lt. is getting rich here. It basically doesn't look like it is worth getting promoted for. :|

01-29-2010, 02:06 AM
1. Why would you start slamming DB when he hasn't done S15's in a couple years? I doubt that people got screwed over then more then they do now. If you look back at the S15 list for the past 8 mths you will see that a few officers do get the shaft while the two that have been making the list always....ALWAYS have more hours then some and always at Finlay.

2. The Lt's and Sgt's knew they wouldn't be making big money taking that rank. If we had a stand-up sheriff and ANYONE in the administration with a backbone they would fight for some sort of pay separation for their supervisors. I do not know of any other agencies that do not give a significant pay increase to their supervisors.

I'm not *****ing.....just calling it how I see it. Most of you cry way to much about the wrong things......instead of crying about other officers and stupid shit that doesn't really matter, try standing together and pressuring the commissioners for more officers and better benefits. This could be a great agency to work for, however it's not!!!! We have a couple of Lt's and Sgt's that stand up for what is right and the rest go with the flow.....no backbone and to weak to make a decision.

01-29-2010, 02:09 AM
1. Why would you start slamming DB when he hasn't done S15's in a couple years? I doubt that people got screwed over then more then they do now. If you look back at the S15 list for the past 8 mths you will see that a few officers do get the shaft while the two that have been making the list always....ALWAYS have more hours then some and always at Finlay.

2. The Lt's and Sgt's knew they wouldn't be making big money taking that rank. If we had a stand-up sheriff and ANYONE in the administration with a backbone they would fight for some sort of pay separation for their supervisors. I do not know of any other agencies that do not give a significant pay increase to their supervisors.

I'm not *****ing.....just calling it how I see it. Most of you cry way to much about the wrong things......instead of crying about other officers and stupid shizzat that doesn't really matter, try standing together and pressuring the commissioners for more officers and better benefits. This could be a great agency to work for, however it's not!!!! We have a couple of Lt's and Sgt's that stand up for what is right and the rest go with the flow.....no backbone and to weak to make a decision.

+1 on the no backbone. We do have a weak admin and a sheriff that doesn't have a clue. The bad thing is the ones he has surrounded himself with are allowing his kingdom to fall apart all around him....and he doesn't even see it!!!!!!

01-29-2010, 05:19 AM
Hmmmm...

Lets get rid of the MCTs.
Get cheaper non-pursuit package cars, with only a radio, siren, lights, and a cage.
Have 3 uniforms issued with the cheapest vest available.
No specialized units other than Major Crimes, 4, and maybe 4 Narcs.
No crime scene.
Remove the districts, put everyone on 12 hours shifts for coverage. Hey, at least every other weekend off!

That would save money, right?
Plenty of cost cutting there, no frills law enforcement just like many other counties in the state.

Or...

Would anyone say, "I'm not working here in those conditions?"

There are some that are still working here when the above was reality.

I'm not admin, and there many things that have happend here that I may not agree with. I did learn a long time ago that there is no need to waste time or energy on things I have no control over nor could I change if the opportunity presented itself. No backbone, I think not. A$$ kisser? Think again.

Accept reality and work with it as best as you can, regardless of if you support it or not.
Remember what you signed up for, if you can't accept that, move on.

01-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Hall didnt do all the upgrades, Brown did. Hall got a chopper and some scooters, neither worth anything.

01-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Hall didnt do all the upgrades, Brown did. Hall got a chopper and some scooters, neither worth anything.

From what I see the poster wasn't comparing Sheriffs.
I think it was more about being thankful for what we have compared to other agencies.

Food for thought.

01-31-2010, 04:16 PM
whats wrong with talking about DB. All he does is talk and tell lies about anyone(behind their back). Just how (as a deputy) did he get the job of dishing out S15? Guess you really have to know who's A$$ you need to kiss. Your right , I have nothing good to say about him....thats because I see nothing good in him, just a POS....I will stop now.

02-01-2010, 12:50 AM
whats wrong with talking about DB. All he does is talk and tell lies about anyone(behind their back). Just how (as a deputy) did he get the job of dishing out S15? Guess you really have to know who's A$$ you need to kiss. Your right , I have nothing good to say about him....thats because I see nothing good in him, just a POS....I will stop now.

So if all he does is tell lies about "anyone" then whom whould these people be? If you know this then you must work around him....right? I think your blowing smoke.....so let's hear it. Name a few of these tall tales that DB has brought upon himself.......sitting back and waiting.

02-01-2010, 02:18 AM
Re: Can I go to D5 fo a little S15 time???
by Guest on 01/31/10 12:16:54

You talk about DB talking about everyone behind their backs. What are you doing? Hiding behind the name of "guest", COWARD.

02-09-2010, 07:50 AM
this is too funny.....
do you realy think that talking about it will make a difference? Nomatter who has done it in the past, some one always complained. Whoever is bashing DB...you should make yourself known. Atleast that we could respect.