PDA

View Full Version : new hires

01-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Does anyone know when you guys will open up for new hires?? I work in a crappy dept in Dade CO and wanted to put in an app.

01-22-2010, 04:42 AM
this is also a crappy dept.
go to the city or the county!
that's the plan!

01-22-2010, 05:31 PM
This new city manager sucks!!!! He would rather not hire any new PO's and save $$$.. The moral here is at an all time low.. I know of at least 4 guys that have County or City apps. He better hire soon.. The citizens have no idea how short handed we are..

01-23-2010, 01:27 PM
This is a crappy department and officers are looking to leave ASAP

01-24-2010, 04:32 PM
The administration here absolutely sucks. We are do for a major shake up from top to bottom. I am sure after the shake up there will be plenty of openings.

09-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Anyone looking for a job? Two guys just left c.i.d. and 2 on patrol. I guess they saw the light. It was glowing bright and clean elsewhere! :roll:

09-08-2010, 10:18 PM
I was just wondering, if your so short handed why are there 2 police cars parked in front of Starbucks on the Mile every morning for 2 hours? And if you drive down Old Cutler there are 2 more police cars parked together under a shade tree for hours on end? Are you really that over worked?? I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation??????????

09-08-2010, 10:38 PM
There is a good reason. I am assuming that the cars you see on Olde Cutler are during the day. Those would belong to 2 dayshift loads that DON'T DO ANYTHING. The other guys that work that area do all the work for them. That means we are always 2 people short. The cars on Miracle Mile probably belong to bike officers. Because we are so short, the bike guys have been forced to go on the road to pick up the slack. The reason that you see the cars parked for a couple of hours is because they are still required to ride thir bikes and patrol downtown. They park their cars there and ride their bikes until they have to go handle other calls.

09-09-2010, 05:20 PM
The cars I have seen on the Mile say Youth Resource or something to that effect. Maybe they have problems with school kids???????

09-09-2010, 10:17 PM
They youth resourse officers, ARE the biggest waste of money, time in the city of coral gables! useless useless usless ! they dont do anything, not even respond to call involving kids. Has anyone ever heard one of them answer their radio on the 1st 2nd or 3rd try when dispatch is calling them?

09-10-2010, 09:07 PM
I know that Simpson has a sweet collection of Einstein t shirts. And M D has a bagel butt.hehehehehehehe

09-10-2010, 11:45 PM
both as useless as they come. Someone please tell me how they lasted so long

09-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Sounds like someone (Tiny) on bike patrol is a little upset. Way to drop a dime on your brothers. You should be ashamed of yourself.

09-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Drop a dime my ars. Get to f'n work and stop making everyone else look bad. Ask Simpson when was the last time he wrote a report probably the last time Davis wrote one. Nice to have the summer off working with PAL. What a waste of time and money.

09-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Hey Tiny were you picked on when you were little? Maybe you were bullied or shoved into a locker? Or were you scared of the dark? Let me guess that's why you became a cop so you could try to feel like a man. Or was it so you could hide behind the badge? Just like you are hiding behind your computer. Simpson is a good friend of mine and has paid his due's to the C.G.P.D. I let him know what was being written and he said not to worry they're all haters. That anyone writing crap about people on here are faceless cowards. That they don't have the stones to say it to their face.

09-19-2010, 05:42 PM
if someone said it i=to his face, what would he do? Hit them with a flap of fat or roll over on them? LOL, fat POS :devil:

09-20-2010, 01:33 AM
So Simpson is blo.... you behind Einsteins telling you all about his great accomplishments. OK I'll bite, what's he done lately, and what dues has he paid????????? By the way, what the hell have you done?????????

09-20-2010, 02:15 AM
Drop a dime my ars. Get to f'n work and stop making everyone else look bad. Ask Simpson when was the last time he wrote a report probably the last time Davis wrote one. Nice to have the summer off working with PAL. What a waste of time and money.

Tiny, you are the POS. When are you gonna learn that this city doesnt care about how many reports you right or what a "good job" you do. Simpson and Davis are good friends of mine and both paid their dues. Simpson does what he has to because thats all this department wants. He could run circles around most of us here with good police work but he has learned through experience that it will not be noticed. Take a look at our current contract and what is on the horizon. Do you really think the city gives a crap about how much you do? Davis was a good cop who pushed it until he snapped and what did he get from this city? A kick in the az, not help, although he ended up sticking to them. He now lives in a huge house only some of us could dream about, has a new ride and a hot devoted wife to come home to. Best of all he doesnt have to deal with the BS of this city anymore. Quit complaining and learn from people who actually know something about the city we work for. This place doesnt deserve shiatz. Give them what they give us.....nothing!

09-20-2010, 09:56 PM
OMG, do you really believe what you just wrote????????????? Seek help pal before it's too late.

09-20-2010, 11:30 PM
The truth to the matter is my friend, that the above statements are true. Those that believe other wise, also believe in the Easter bunny, tooth fairy, well I think you get the picture. The bottom line is that this city could not care one bit, if you were Joe super cop or just another cop milking his calls under a shaded tree. And yes, Officers Simpson and Davis were good cops in their day.

09-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Tiny, you seem like the typical azhol who complains about everyone else because YOU are actually the one with a problem. I would be willing to bet that you hide when the shaz hits the fan and have no clue what you are doing out here. These people you criticize proved that they were and are good cops and could be counted on when needed. They did their jobs and didnt care about whiners like you. Go back to your momma rookie!

09-21-2010, 01:43 AM
I'm not a rookie. Davis made all of us look bad. Shame on those who defend/ed him. I know I'm no saint but...CUM ON! get it...LOL! "CUM ON"....like cumming on a Prostitute! LOL!

And I haven't seen Simpson do anything a.k.a. shizt...for years years years!

TIME FOR CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-21-2010, 01:45 AM
^ above post...

it's supposed to say "C-UM" but it was deleted.

"C-UM ON" get it...LMFAO! it's still funny!

09-21-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm not a rookie. Davis made all of us look bad. Shame on those who defend/ed him. I know I'm no saint but.... ON! get it...LOL! ". ON"....like cumming on a Prostitute! LOL!

And I haven't seen Simpson do anything a.k.a. shizt...for years years years!

TIME FOR CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We defend him because what he went through could happen to any of us. Keep working all those off duties and push it too hard. Overtime is gone so thats the dept answer for that cause. This place will break you too. Davis didnt make us look bad, we make ourselves look bad. He was 1 incident. We drag out the dept problems and do stupid things daily. When will you get it through your head....THE CITY DOESNT CARE ABOUT YOU!!!!! You could let calls back-up all day long and you will get paid the same as if you jumped everything. You could save a bus load of nuns, get officer of the decade, and get slammed by the dept for looking at a citizen wrong. WAKE UP!!! Simpson is a good officer who handles what is delt to him and he will back you up with his life, as would Davis. You need to worry about yourself and not what other current or former officers do or did. Your final quote says it all....Obama supporter. Figures

09-21-2010, 07:44 PM
I hate working for tins dep. and no i'm not leaving, i have to much to lose, but I still hate it and most of everyone I work with

09-22-2010, 01:08 AM
I can't believe people still support Davis!

10-07-2010, 07:00 PM
You guys are a bunch of kids.

Is this the New Hires section ? or the Davis or whoever section ??.

go trash your co-workers somewhere else. Do you have any info on new hires or what. if you do have information, then poste it.

NO department cares for any of their officers. You should know that. The grass is not always greener on the other side. All PD's have their own problems.

10-07-2010, 11:11 PM
I am making this the Delvalle section now! cause I feel like it!

You guys are a bunch of kids.

Is this the New Hires section ? or the Davis or whoever section ??.

go trash your co-workers somewhere else. Do you have any info on new hires or what. if you do have information, then poste it.

NO department cares for any of their officers. You should know that. The grass is not always greener on the other side. All PD's have their own problems.

10-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Who is in charge of backgrounds?

10-25-2010, 02:57 PM
your mama :snicker:

10-27-2010, 11:59 PM
I think Sgt Frank Rodriguez is still in charge of backgrounds. Just call 305 442 1600 and ask to speak with Sgt Frank Rodriguez. If hes not in backgrounds any longer, he would know who is.Good Luck.

10-28-2010, 05:37 PM
I think that Delvalle is in chare of that now, he told me that he runs everything in CGPD

I think Sgt Frank Rodriguez is still in charge of backgrounds. Just call 305 442 1600 and ask to speak with Sgt Frank Rodriguez. If hes not in backgrounds any longer, he would know who is.Good Luck.

10-28-2010, 09:38 PM
DelValle is at Fantasy fest, then he's going to a training in San Francisco. I saw him on rollerblades shirtless on Lincoln road. He was dropping off a stack of apps at Score then off to Twist. He said Gables needs more liberal cops like him. He had a bullhorn and was on a soap box. looked like a seen from Milk.

11-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Has anyone who did the PAT test on Saturday 11/13 heard anything yet?

11-24-2010, 04:54 PM
with the jefe gon now maybe we can get somee younblood in here. I think we r 20 officers short of what we used to be. hopefuly the chief off the payroll the manager might splurge on gettin some guys on the road. here is to hopeing. i wish all the applicants luck and hope some of you are brought on soon :devil:

11-25-2010, 10:08 PM
bring them all, we need some fresh meat, I'm tired of ripping on E.P.and co. :snicker:

11-27-2010, 12:24 AM
The problem is nothin short of good old fashioned LAZINESS!!! We have been in a hiring freeze for 2 years and we finally have the ability to bring some people in here and Rodriguez and the rest of the HR staff are sitting on their hands. I know of several recruits who have been in our process for so long that they ended up going to other departments that pay less and are not nearly as good. Why? Because those departments took 3-6weeks to process, like it should take. When I came on, if you had a good background, interviewed well and knew one or two officers, 4 weeks and you were on the road. Now we are takeing 4, 5, 6 or more months and there is simply no reason for it. Our patrol is constantly operating short staffed and one day we are really going to pay for it. I certainly hope we dont wait for the day the sh*t hits the fan and there is 29 call and only one officer available to respond. By then who ever we have in the pipeline will have made their way elsewhere. Lets get CG back to the kickass and take names agency we used to be :!: :!: :!:

11-27-2010, 01:35 AM
Dear Blindness, CG will never be what it was. Salerno, Naue, Houdak and the rest of the dummies have ran this place into the ground. This could be a good place, but it's never going to happen. Look at how many people we've lost in the just the past 6 months. Metro is going to take a few more soon.

11-27-2010, 02:40 AM
To the contrary, I am not blind in the slightest, in fact my vision is crystal clear. I have been around for several years and have several more to go before retirement. What this means is I am familiur with the problems with have with the brass, but like any descent grassroots movement change must come from the bottom up and will never occur from the top down. The people running this place will eventally retire or be forced out when they can not deal with the changes this department COULD implement. You are correct about one thing, we are loosing some good folks to the county and a few to the feds and other agencies. We will never advance under our current hiring practice. We are allowing good cops to slip passed us due to the HR delays. All I am saying is I have fond memories of CG as THE ELITE place to be and now it seems there is a dash to leave. The only way I see to stop it is to bring in new people that we can train to be dedicated to the agency. However, we can not settle for people that wait 6 months to get on because every place else passed them up, we need to get good people as soon as they walk in the door. If we bring on new folks that are excited to be here and stop recruiting people who have been cops for 20 years and are looking to sit in there cars in the parking lot and collect a paycheck, we can return to elitness and get better leadership. Here is to hoping :!: :!: :!:

11-28-2010, 03:20 PM
To the officer who wrote the previous post, I fully agree with your assessment. I am an applicant with your agency and would love to see some movement with my application. I am presently an officer with another agency, and whether you know it or believe it, Coral Gables has an excellent reputation in the community. I have met several of you, and would love to work for your agency, but am unsure if I will have the opportunity. I have another offer, and I am about to take it, but I am waiting until the last minute to do so in the hopes that I might be able to move forward with the Coral Gables process. If anyone has any information on when your department will be moving forward I would greatly appreciate it. Further, to the previous poster, I certainly wish you were part of the hiring committee.

Everyone be safe out there.

11-29-2010, 04:26 PM
i also applied and ran the obsticle course a few weeks ago but have not heard anything since then. Does anyone know what is going on or who i can call to find out? :D

11-29-2010, 10:46 PM
The problem is nothin short of good old fashioned LAZINESS!!! We have been in a hiring freeze for 2 years and we finally have the ability to bring some people in here and Rodriguez and the rest of the HR staff are sitting on their hands. I know of several recruits who have been in our process for so long that they ended up going to other departments that pay less and are not nearly as good. Why? Because those departments took 3-6weeks to process, like it should take. When I came on, if you had a good background, interviewed well and knew one or two officers, 4 weeks and you were on the road. Now we are takeing 4, 5, 6 or more months and there is simply no reason for it. Our patrol is constantly operating short staffed and one day we are really going to pay for it. I certainly hope we dont wait for the day the sh*t hits the fan and there is 29 call and only one officer available to respond. By then who ever we have in the pipeline will have made their way elsewhere. Lets get CG back to the kickass and take names agency we used to be :!: :!: :!:

this has to be a rook. it is not laziness it is that the people in hiring will actually have to do real work if they bring newbies to the dept. Heavan forbid kelly eddie and the rest of the hr people do some actual hiring because once new people are hired the hr people will be forced to do something other than hide behind how busy they are with hiring. :devil: