PDA

View Full Version : Nava

01-16-2010, 04:44 AM
Ha...wow, so they were realy gonna fire him for arresting this guy that fled from him....interesting... well good luck to you Nava.. what do u guys think about this..

01-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Fort Myers police officer resigns after facing firing in improper pursuit case
news-press.com • January 15, 2010

Comments (20) Recommend Print this page E-mail this article Share Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine Buzz up!
Twitter FarkIt Type Size A A A 4:51 P.M. — A Fort Myers police officer resigned in lieu of being fired today for improperly pursuing a vehicle, according to a department report.
On Dec. 1, Officer Jerry Nava attempted to pull over a Nissan Altima for speeding near the Sam’s Club Plaza on Cleveland Avenue. The vehicle did not stop, so a sergeant gave orders to stop pursuit of the vehicle.

According to internal reports, Nava kept sight of the vehicle and then arrested the driver when he parked in a parking lot.
Nava’s actions break department rules for what constitutes a proper pursuit, the internal report said. Plus, he did not obey orders given by a senior officer.

TRANSPERENCY fellas..this is what happens when you work for a politician POLICE CHIEF :evil:

01-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Read the IA and remember do not lie ever

01-16-2010, 06:06 PM
and dont drive 102 miles an hour on cleveland

01-17-2010, 04:51 AM
yea you shouldn't lie. But COME ON MEDICO!! really?!?! I could understand if Nava had done this at like 5:00pm on a week day, and there was heavy traffic...but there was no traffic at all! Even if Nava had told the truth he still would have lost his job, mainly b/c of his past incidents..specially the one when he "tried" to get away from gaytan on cape coral bridge.. i guess maybe we should just all start to leave our in-car video's off, since it is now starting to be used against us...

01-17-2010, 05:28 AM
Well, We all know MEDICO is a P@ssy A$$ B*tch... Way to go serg, you have managed to run another good officer off your shift. Campbell and now Nava, Great job… Good luck to you Nava, you’ll be ok brother.

01-17-2010, 06:18 AM
I couldn't agreed with you more, but at the end of the summary, Mr. Nava should have known the pursuit policy."Nava, you should have terminated the pursuit after you was instructed by your supervisor like your buddy did!" Sadly, the brother shouldn't have lost his job for such an innocous act. However, Medico (supervisor onboard) had a duty to report this matter. The magnitude of the pursuit, should have been handle at a supervisory level. Well, Glenn Johnson was not immune from punishment, so why would Nava be the exception? Gadly, Johnson signed off on the IA's report as recommendation for 48-hours suspension and rememdial driving training for Nava. Baker is taking no prisoners: If you f-up be prepare to packup.
Well, We all know MEDICO is a P@ssy A$$ B*tch... Way to go serg, you have managed to run another good officer off your shift. Campbell and now Nava, Great job… Good luck to you Nava, you’ll be ok brother.

01-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Maybe it was a couple hours after 5pm. So it gave him the right to drive recklessly over sidewalks and curbs, disobey direct orders, violate numerous policies, almost strike a civilian's car just to catch a speeder. Maybe in your little world. Leave the sarge out!

01-17-2010, 05:57 PM
if you trying to catch up to a speeder you gotta go faster than them but 102 on cleveland??????????

01-17-2010, 08:07 PM
I would like to take back what I said in the prior blog in defending Nava. As I furture my research, I noticed that Nava has had priors speeedingg incidents by one of his own. I researched his name on news-press and found that he was reprimand for speeding and possibly fleeing from the police. Man, Nava, dude you have a history for driving too fast. I now don't feel bad that you lost your job or recommended to resign in lieu of termination. Dude, you were a liabilty beyond the norms. Great call FMPD's staffs.
if you trying to catch up to a speeder you gotta go faster than them but 102 on cleveland?????????? :devil:

01-17-2010, 08:53 PM
OK, first off Nava did mess up and violate policy. There's no denying that. Should he have been terminated, of course not. People have done far worse at this agency and kept their jobs, everyone who's been here more than a few days knows this. Nava I would like to say good luck to you brother, you were a good officer and a hard worker. I wish you the best of hopes and success in all your future endeavors. I'm sure we'll hire another worthless slug to take your place on the road as this is most of what road patrol consists of now. All the hard working, "go-getter's" have slowed their pace anyways because of the direction this department has turned. We are all aware Vic had it out for you for some time. After all, he initiated the complaint, investigated the complaint, and then ultimately had it kicked back to him again for further review to make your infamous "chart" of speeds. He wanted your head on a silver platter and unfortunately he finally go his wish. We are all aware he had his hand so far down in the cookie jar he just could not resist.

P.S. Vic stop telling everyone you don't like your stays in PSB. Your a thoroughbred cookie cutter model for this position. Ultimately, your just one big hypocrite.

This brings me to me second topic of discussion. Ok, perhaps Nava did violate policy and after all the Chief wants to say we are transparent and everyone will be held accountable. So when Gaytan pursued Nava for a traffic infraction on the bridge, did this not violate policy? Was she exempt while she was traveling 90 miles an hour to catch up to him in a 45 mile an hour zone, turning her lights on and off to catch a simple traffic violater? Where is the justice in this? And then to say that rather than issue a citation, she wants it to be handled internally? Vic were you 2-waying her on the Nextel during this incident? Where is the IA for this offense, this blatant policy violation. Was she fired?? We are all held accountable, right Chief?

Back in June Vic is involved in pursuing a vehicle for a traffic offense that ultimately ends up crashing into another officer!!!! Where was his demotion? Was he fired? I mean come on he's still on probation as a supervisor? Chief, where is the transparency?? Wasn't it told to all of us that the reason G. Johnson got demoted was because he'd been on for a significant number of years more than Duke? Therefore he should be held more accountable because he should of KNOWN BETTER. So shouldn't of Vic know better? Just one big hypocrite.

In closing, its clearly obvious that standards are not the same when we want to turn a blind eye to those company men. Transparency obviously does not exist but only to a select few. As a wise man once said, see no EVIL; hear no EVIL. :devil:

01-18-2010, 02:11 AM
So when Gaytan pursued Nava for a traffic infraction on the bridge, did this not violate policy? Was she exempt while she was traveling 90 miles an hour to catch up to him in a 45 mile an hour zone, turning her lights on and off to catch a simple traffic violater? Where is the justice in this?

Justice? He is wrong 100%. Pull over and she or any other cop would have said "Have a nice day".

She should have punched him in the mouth and called it even. She did nothing wrong!

Look how any officers get killed in car accidents 98%

He put the Sgt out on the line to be hung, when he failed to follow orders. Who cares if they get away, we are he to make a living and go home alive.

He is the only one to blame. Oh and good luck finding job, there are none. The brass did the right thing

01-21-2010, 03:27 AM
how he lie?

01-21-2010, 05:24 PM
over and done with, gone and forgotten!