PDA

View Full Version : Kindness is next to Godliness, liars sleep with Satan

01-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Can we get someone to step up and take hold of our broken union? They are an embarassment and I am sick of all the lies. Someone please help!!! { Not you Klapka}

01-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Ive been watching these threads for a long time, and I cant help but shake my head. You guys keep complaining about our broken union, and you want someone to step up, but no one wants to follow through with anything. Its all talk. I know this for a fact, because I tried to help you guys several years ago, but no one bothered to express any interest in the alternative representation I suggested. Thats ok, it was your choice and Im not going to hold it against anyone.

I havent been a member of the FOP for a long time, and I wish I made the decision to find an alternate union sooner. I am happy with my new union. I am not here to bash the FOP; there are plenty of others that will do that for me. I AM here to remind you guys that instead of *****ing and complaining about the FOP, you can take that energy (and your money) and move on to a different union. Or you can drop the unions altogether. It really doesnt matter what decision you make--you just need to MAKE A DECISION.

Basically what Im saying here is: If you hate the FOP so much, keep in mind that you cannot change it from within. They have too much power. You can either put up with it, or you can leave. There are plenty of other unions out there. Pick a local union name and put it into Google. You will find their contact numbers. Give them a call and make the change if you want change so badly.

Man up and take action. Quit being the armchair quarterbacks.

01-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Politics stink at this sheriffs office huh?

Yes it does, it smells rotten!!!!

01-20-2010, 05:57 PM
A suggestion to all of you...and for the record I am not a member of HCSO.

I am a member of another FOP lodge which is and has been very successful. I have seen the inside of your agency and the day to day operations. My observation is that you lack decent working contract.

I believe if you let the FOP continue and empower a caring and hard working executive board you too can accomplish and achive a successful contract. Learn from the others. Take thier contracts and use them as guidelines for a solid foundation. It is not a matter of reinventing the wheel, just changing the hub cap.

What is more important is that all of you need to stick together in UNITY. The management of the organization reads this stuff and knows there is no Unity. You have fallen into thier hands and they have you by the balls and are walking you around the county.

Quit the bickering, especially here and get together and assemble a group of members to bring your concerns to the forefront and FIGHT for what you deserve and have earned.

Gods speed to all of you and good luck.

01-20-2010, 06:28 PM
The contract is only a small percentage of the problem. What is the problem is who is running our FLOP and his sidekicks AKA partners in crime. With who we have as brass, who we have sucking up, this place has gone to the dogs and until we get an outsider in here to clean the dirty house, it will remain the same. There will not be unity, even with an outsider I'm afraid. Too much damage has been done over too long of a period of time.

I'm leaving HCSO in the near future and I won't look back. This place is more about who you know (and blow) instead of what you know. I'm looking forward to working with real adults instead of the backstabbing brown nosers that HCSO employees.

01-20-2010, 10:27 PM
It doesnt matter if you stick together or not.There is always the rats and the brown n osers trying to get ahead playing all sides.think about it,the boss,who is a elected official has two faces along with other elected officials.If you dont like it,either go to a police department with a chief or work for a sheriffs office with civil service like hillsborough.

01-20-2010, 10:29 PM
It doesnt matter if you stick together or not.There is always the rats and the brown n osers trying to get ahead playing all sides.think about it,the boss,who is a elected official has two faces along with other elected officials.If you dont like it,either go to a police department with a chief or work for a sheriffs office with civil service like hillsborough.
Bingo

01-21-2010, 02:47 AM
There was a time when I believed if you were honest, worked hard, and kept your nose clean, a person could advance their career, based on merit, and a job well done, but after 14 yrs, 4 agencies, both as a police officer, and a deputy sheriff, I've learned it's always the same. It doesn't matter which union is in place, or what flag waving politician is at the helm, their all cut from the same cloth. They promote the snitches, and lateral the back stabbing *****es. That's not to say there aren't some exceptions. Every once and a while, you get a supervisor with a backbone, that has your back, but he'll never make it past Sgt. Because he bucked the good ole boys, to save one of his guys. The point is, what we're all looking for, dosen't exsist. Not anymore anyway. It can't, not with every liberal, right wing activist group poised with their video cameras, and cell phones, that have direct lines to the Sheriff. Nugent knows he's not going to get re elected, why do you think he didn't bother to attend our fallen brother's funeral. Nothing will change in 2012. It will just be more empty promises from a different set of lips. Be happy working patrol. I am. There's something to be said for having a clean conscious, and being able to look ones self in the mirror. Stay safe. :wink:

01-21-2010, 03:44 AM
Well said and I'm with you, bro.

There was a time when I believed if you were honest, worked hard, and kept your nose clean, a person could advance their career, based on merit, and a job well done, but after 14 yrs, 4 agencies, both as a police officer, and a deputy sheriff, I've learned it's always the same. It doesn't matter which union is in place, or what flag waving politician is at the helm, their all cut from the same cloth. They promote the snitches, and lateral the back stabbing *****es. That's not to say there aren't some exceptions. Every once and a while, you get a supervisor with a backbone, that has your back, but he'll never make it past Sgt. Because he bucked the good ole boys, to save one of his guys. The point is, what we're all looking for, dosen't exsist. Not anymore anyway. It can't, not with every liberal, right wing activist group poised with their video cameras, and cell phones, that have direct lines to the Sheriff. Nugent knows he's not going to get re elected, why do you think he didn't bother to attend our fallen brother's funeral. Nothing will change in 2012. It will just be more empty promises from a different set of lips. Be happy working patrol. I am. There's something to be said for having a clean conscious, and being able to look ones self in the mirror. Stay safe. :wink: