PDA

View Full Version : autopsies, when are they needed

01-13-2010, 01:36 AM
Starting to research "when are autopsies required" (please don't say after the person has passed away) ... when they die at home, are they not done automatically or at the request of family? Even if you knew they may have been on meds for whatever, they could have died from something else, who is to say it's not necessary. I truly want feedback on this one if you actually know the right answer, I do appreciate it.

01-13-2010, 03:48 AM
If the deceased persons doctor signs off on the death certificate, there is no need for an autopsy. All others go under the knife.

01-14-2010, 01:15 AM
If the deceased persons doctor signs off on the death certificate, there is no need for an autopsy. All others go under the knife.

Not so. If the Medical Examiner believes it is not necessary due to the deceased's medical history and in the absence of suspicious circumstances the ME can and does sign off on the death certificate.

02-01-2010, 04:27 PM
would like to know who the Investigator was that had the duty dated July 1, 2009 to August 1, 2009, he which goes to the residence and does the questioning if a death occurs in the home making sure it's not a homicide, I know it would not be Brooks Sanderson, I think he was the shift supervisor then. What I am looking for is a detailed report.

02-01-2010, 06:19 PM
would like to know who the Investigator was that had the duty dated July 1, 2009 to August 1, 2009, he which goes to the residence and does the questioning if a death occurs in the home making sure it's not a homicide, I know it would not be Brooks Sanderson, I think he was the shift supervisor then. What I am looking for is a detailed report.

You won't obtain your answer here, use the telephone and call the office or take a drive to the office...1700 W. Leonard Street.

02-01-2010, 10:17 PM
thanks, I'll do that

03-01-2010, 01:04 AM
DA DING ~ or anyone else out there that is in the know....

do you or anyone you know of that has had a good experience with a private investigator in regards to a person's accidental death policy ~ if a person had already put in a claim (this is not the deceased person's personal policy it would be of someone that "may" have taken out a policy on the deceased....