PDA

View Full Version : Wear your hat!

01-10-2010, 10:38 PM
No thread complaining about the "new" hat policy? What has become of LEO AFFAIRS? I didn't realize the policy was "new". I thought we were suppose to be wearing the hat all along - just nobody enforced the policy.

01-11-2010, 12:00 AM
I can't wear my hat, I use it to take dumps in it. I work out reaching zones away from public restrooms.

01-12-2010, 07:17 PM
i heard some districts in the panhandle had to sihn a paper understanding they will wear the hat anytime out of the car, including hospitals and eaterys.

01-12-2010, 10:26 PM
i heard some districts in the panhandle had to sihn a paper understanding they will wear the hat anytime out of the car, including hospitals and eaterys.

Good, the hat is as much a part of the uniform as the gun. Wear the hat, or turn in your badge.

01-12-2010, 10:45 PM

Good, the hat is as much a part of the uniform as the gun. Wear the hat, or turn in your badge.

Tell that to the trooper in the Charger doing 2 10-50 on airport road in naples today both times i saw him he was not wearing his hat. shame shame Shame you guys are supposed to be so elite but you can't even follow a simple dress code. Oh by the way how was Moes today

01-13-2010, 02:58 AM

Tell that to the trooper in the Charger doing 2 10-50 on airport road in naples today both times i saw him he was not wearing his hat. shame shame Shame you guys are supposed to be so elite but you can't even follow a simple dress code. Oh by the way how was Moes today

Sorry, the hat rule doesn't apply in South Fl. :devil:

Just like the 50 mile radius rule doesn't apply to Lt. and above.

Cafeteria style policy manual, ya know? Pick and choose. :snicker:

01-13-2010, 03:59 AM

Sorry, the hat rule doesn't apply in South Fl. :devil:

Just like the 50 mile radius rule doesn't apply to Lt. and above.

Cafeteria style policy manual, ya know? Pick and choose. :snicker:

What 50 mile rule???? Cant you at least know what the Heckfire you are talking about before you get on here and prove yourself an idiot?

01-13-2010, 05:47 AM
30 mile, 50 mile, whatever.

01-13-2010, 12:13 PM
30 mile, 50 mile, whatever.
That seems to be the general attitude. Needs to be corrected....

01-13-2010, 01:00 PM
I am complying with the policy. I wear my hat backwards at all times. The tassle and badge are facing backwards :devil: Wonder what the motorists that are passing by think when they pass by and I'm out at roadside collecting revenue for the county's new courthouse :shock: The policy says I have to have my hat on, so I'm complying :mrgreen:

01-13-2010, 01:32 PM
WEAR YOUR HAT DAMNIT!

01-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Seriously? What's the big deal about the hat? Officer safety comes first, and then I'll waste those couple of seconds putting the hat on. Crash scenes, yea, sure the hat is on, but not at first while conducting a traffic stop.

01-14-2010, 01:19 AM
Seriously? What's the big deal about the hat? Officer safety comes first, and then I'll waste those couple of seconds putting the hat on. Crash scenes, yea, sure the hat is on, but not at first while conducting a traffic stop.

It only takes a few seconds for a violator to jump out of the vehicle and start shooting at you. You'll never have the chance to draw your weapon if you're looking in the rearview mirror making sure your hat is on straight. I agree, officer safety first.

01-14-2010, 03:53 AM

It only takes a few seconds for a violator to jump out of the vehicle and start shooting at you. You'll never have the chance to draw your weapon if you're looking in the rearview mirror making sure your hat is on straight. I agree, officer safety first.

Give me the facts please!!

How many Troopers have been killed or injured because they were trying to put their hat on?

Data, where is that data??

But there is data on a nationwide research conducted that Troopers and Officers who wore their hat have had lower risk of violent confrontations and.

The method we use to determine the future and that gives our vision is to look in the past.

History!!

01-14-2010, 04:34 AM
Phuq the hat! The only thing that piece of crap is good for is keeping my croquetas and empanadas warm when I leave the local Latin Cafe.

01-14-2010, 04:44 AM
Sorry, but when I think "State Trooper", the first thing that comes to my mind is a well dressed Trooper WITH the hat on. If you're not wearing the hat, you're just another cop to the average citizen. The hat sets us apart from other LEO's. Troopers from every other state in the country wouldn't be caught without it so why should we be different? I haven't seen a single recruiting poster that shows a hatless Trooper so why is everyone acting so surprised that we have to wear it?

01-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Phuq the hat! The only thing that piece of crap is good for is keeping my croquetas and empanadas warm when I leave the local Latin Cafe.

We don't need no stinking hats. The hats look like chit :x

http://www.obsessedwithconformity.com/.a/6a01053528eadd970c0120a712fb1f970b-500pi

01-14-2010, 03:18 PM
I have to agree, FLORIDA Troopers look a LOT more dignified when we are wearing our hats. It seems to have a psychological impact of-- expecting and giving --respect with the public. 8)

I spent a lot of my younger years in N.J. and, if I recall correctly, N.J. State Troopers' badges are on their hat. There is no badge on the shirt. While I don't like their hat design, they never leave their patrol cars without their cover properly worn. Many of them keep their hats on the dash in the left corner when they drive, if they are not wearing it when driving, to make it easy and quick to get it on upon exiting their patrol car.
:cop: :cop: :cop:

01-14-2010, 07:04 PM
I spent a lot of my younger years in N.J. and, if I recall correctly, N.J. State Troopers' badges are on their hat.

I just wanted to commend you on the proper use of an apostrophe to indicate possession. 8)

It makes me think there is still a glimmer of hope for humanity when I see things like this.

01-14-2010, 07:47 PM
I have to agree, FLORIDA Troopers look a LOT more dignified when we are wearing our hats. It seems to have a psychological impact of-- expecting and giving --respect with the public. 8)

I spent a lot of my younger years in N.J. and, if I recall correctly, N.J. State Troopers' badges are on their hat. There is no badge on the shirt. While I don't like their hat design, they never leave their patrol cars without their cover properly worn. Many of them keep their hats on the dash in the left corner when they drive, if they are not wearing it when driving, to make it easy and quick to get it on upon exiting their patrol car.

Trivia: What other state troopers do not wear badges on their shirts?

I will give the first answer (besides NJ)- New York.

01-15-2010, 05:55 PM
All of the problems within FHP and we are being beat up over a hat.

It is no wonder FHP is in so much trouble.

01-15-2010, 07:49 PM

Pennsylvania State Police is another.

01-15-2010, 09:28 PM

Trivia: Who the hell cares what anyone wears or doesn't wear ( inclusive of the flat brimmed bed pan ).. I'll answer.. ME!! HAT OR NO HAT = NO EXTRA PAY / RAISE. :cry:

01-16-2010, 01:32 PM
I only wear my hat one day of the year. That day was yesterday, national hat day...so suck it Col.

01-17-2010, 12:23 PM
[quote="covered trooper":3jfsux0d]I have to agree, FLORIDA Troopers look a LOT more dignified when we are wearing our hats. It seems to have a psychological impact of-- expecting and giving --respect with the public. 8)

Trivia: Who the hell cares what anyone wears or doesn't wear ( inclusive of the flat brimmed bed pan ).. I'll answer.. ME!! HAT OR NO HAT = NO EXTRA PAY / RAISE. :cry:[/quote:3jfsux0d]
And I guess you'll stop tying your shoe laces or zipping your pants fly next as a sign of your discontent over the lack of proper pay? "Any port in a storm..." translates into "Any petty excuse..." :roll:

01-17-2010, 02:46 PM
And I guess you'll stop tying your shoe laces or zipping your pants fly next as a sign of your discontent over the lack of proper pay? "Any port in a storm..." translates into "Any petty excuse..." :roll:

Pretty much.....sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.

01-18-2010, 02:43 PM

Pretty much.....sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.
No. You REALLY want to show them how desperate you are? Have everyone across the state stop writing citations for at least two days. Otherwise, this thing about not wearing you hat only translates into "I don't WANT to wear my hat." It means nothing, affects nothing, and appears to be nothing more than a petty excuse to not do something that you don't want to do.