PDA

View Full Version : A possible 3 year DROP extension?

01-06-2010, 10:40 PM
I heard the unconfirmed but welcome rumor that a possible DROP extension for 3 more year was in the woodwork. Can any one confirm this? :lol: :lol: :devil: :devil:

01-07-2010, 07:24 AM
You have got to be kidding! Its cheaper to give the young guys busting their rears out in the street their raises. We need less disgruntled vets snailing around the stations complaining about everything while collecting fat checks.

01-07-2010, 01:04 PM
You have got to be kidding! Its cheaper to give the young guys busting their rears out in the street their raises. We need less disgruntled vets snailing around the stations complaining about everything while collecting fat checks.

Don't worry rook, with time, you will get better days off.

01-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Rookies on the street?? You got to be kidding? The Central station is full of rookies hiding in the detective section and specialized units while vets are working the streets!!!!!!
I for one hope they do extend the drop for vets cause I feel sorry for the citizens if they all leave! Besides,what the hell do rookies know?

01-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Don’t Be A Hater! Time are rough a 3 year drop extension is not a bad idea. Plus the majority of the people that enter the 7 year drop don’t even take advantage of the full drop anyways. But at least they have the choice.

01-07-2010, 03:11 PM
No this is not possible under Florida State Law. Eight years is the maxium allowed under State, County, and Local DROP requirements.

01-07-2010, 04:11 PM
I heard the unconfirmed but welcome rumor that a possible DROP extension for 3 more year was in the woodwork. Can any one confirm this? :lol: :lol: :devil: :devil:

A THREE YEAR EXTENSION, HMMMMMMM. THAT MEANS THAT JOHN BURHMASTER CAN NOW BE THERE FOREVER. I CAN JUST SEE HIM NOW, OUT THERE ON A HOMICIDE SCENE GETTING AROUND WITH HIS WALKER. THE AARP WILL REQUIRE THAT THE DEPARTMENT CREATE A SPECIAL SENIOR CITIZEN OFFICER FOR HIM.

01-07-2010, 05:53 PM
his in records you fool!

01-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Burhmaster should have a ten year extension but 98% of these milkers have done zero and complain about everything. They look like old cows slowly moving through the station hating the world.

01-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Rookies on the street?? You got to be kidding? The Central station is full of rookies hiding in the detective section and specialized units while vets are working the streets!!!!!!
I for one hope they do extend the drop for vets cause I feel sorry for the citizens if they all leave! Besides,what the hell do rookies know? we know that it is time for you all to get you a..ses outta here!

01-08-2010, 02:00 PM
No this is not possible under Florida State Law. Eight years is the maxium allowed under State, County, and Local DROP requirements. THANK GOD FOR THAT!!!!!

01-08-2010, 10:49 PM
No this is not possible under Florida State Law. Eight years is the maxium allowed under State, County, and Local DROP requirements.

What state statue are you reading I would to see that one.

01-09-2010, 12:22 AM
lISTEN PAPA,NO SUCH THING. THE DROP CAN BE EXTENDED FOR 3MORE YRS. AN MOU IS ALL WE NEED. IT MAKES SENSE SINCE THE CITY DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY TO HIRE,TRAIN AND EQUIP NEW COPS. THEY ALSO DON'T PAY INTO THE PENSION FOR DROP COPS SO IT'S A WIN WIN.

MOST VETS LEAVE BEFORE THEIR TIME BUT FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO STAY,IT HELPS THE CITY,DEPT. AND THEIR FAMILIES.
AS FAR AS ATTITUDES,THERE ARE PLENTY OF 3 YR ROCKS WHO SOUND AND ACT WORSE THAN A 25YR VET SO DONT TALK CRAP.IT'S UP TO YOUR SUPERVISOR TO MAKE SURE YOU LOOK SHARP AND ACT SHARP,LOSER.

GOOD LUCK TO THE VETS WHO WANT TO STAY.

01-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Thank you "Seasoned". You are very right.

01-09-2010, 01:45 AM
Thank you "Seasoned". You are very right.
Ur absoluty right Seasoned, why do rooks want us to go.

Is there so much hate that they dont want us around them. Most of them didnt even know how to clean themselves and had no hair by their private parts when we became cops.I dont even think most of them were born yet. wow.

I think im gonna stay just a bit longer.

Que tu crees?

01-09-2010, 04:26 AM
Claro que si,we earned it papo and btw,we are keeping MPD afloat,lol
Don't forget to tell the big guy?...

01-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Want to know why it will not ever pass? Most officers don't fall in the drop category at this time. Plus there is no way in hell that they will allow a 10 year drop stay till most of us retire. Why nit give us are retro money and then we can talk about extending the drop.

FOP if this extension becomes priority over are stabilzation & retro be prepared to be called out on it. I support you guys but don't let your priorities be over taken by politics and the new administration. I have yet to hear updates from you guys on the matter and that is unacceptible.

01-09-2010, 04:17 PM
politics over priority....naaaaaa not here

01-09-2010, 04:47 PM
lISTEN PAPA,NO SUCH THING. THE DROP CAN BE EXTENDED FOR 3MORE YRS. AN MOU IS ALL WE NEED. IT MAKES SENSE SINCE THE CITY DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY TO HIRE,TRAIN AND EQUIP NEW COPS. THEY ALSO DON'T PAY INTO THE PENSION FOR DROP COPS SO IT'S A WIN WIN.

MOST VETS LEAVE BEFORE THEIR TIME BUT FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO STAY,IT HELPS THE CITY,DEPT. AND THEIR FAMILIES.
AS FAR AS ATTITUDES,THERE ARE PLENTY OF 3 YR ROCKS WHO SOUND AND ACT WORSE THAN A 25YR VET SO DONT TALK CRAP.IT'S UP TO YOUR SUPERVISOR TO MAKE SURE YOU LOOK SHARP AND ACT SHARP,LOSER.

Your absolutely wrong Seasoned Greedy Fool! It cannot be exteneded as per Florida Law! MOU means nothing to the State of Florida! The city doesn't have the money to retain your old, crusty, decrepit a$$ as you make enough money to hire and train almost two officers. On top of that we need to have new hires to start paying something into the pesion system as you greedy pricks will surely depelete it. It's called forecasting, fool! If you are an unprofessional officer, well then, I can't help you with that. It comes from within.

01-09-2010, 04:50 PM

Your absolutely wrong Seasoned Greedy Fool! It cannot be exteneded as per Florida Law! MOU means nothing to the State of Florida! The city doesn't have the money to retain your old, crusty, decrepit a$$ as you make enough money to hire and train almost two officers. On top of that we need to have new hires to start paying something into the pesion system as you greedy pricks will surely depelete it. It's called forecasting, fool! If you are an unprofessional officer, well then, I can't help you with that. It comes from within.
The software hangs up sometimes. I spelled Pension wrong, knowing you I doubt you would have caught it.

01-09-2010, 08:46 PM
tHE VETS NEED TO STAY AT LEAST TILL 2014! THE ECONOMY IS IN CHAMBLES NATIONWIDE AND THE CITY SAVES MONEY BY KEEPING VETS. IT TAKES 2 OF YOU AND IN SOME CASES,3 TO MAKE A VET. DON'T BE A HATER KID,JUST BE GLAD WE ARE STILL HERE TO SAVE YOUR IGNORANT FACE.

01-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Vet, your the greedy fool! most not all of you spend your day complaining about the department while gaining weight in some office chair. You DONT fight crime or stop criminals because your afraid of getting hurt, even when your just around the corner from a hot call. Yet, you walk around the station talking about what you use to do. You dont help and guide the new guys and your quick to lay down the hammer if rook screws up trying to learn. Thats what I have seen from some of you. I dont have to say your names because we all know who you are. All you guys do is slow the department with your sluggish hypocritical ways. Do us all a favor pleaase retire and go tell your hasbeen "I know it all" stories in a small town up north.

01-09-2010, 10:00 PM
tHE VETS NEED TO STAY AT LEAST TILL 2014! THE ECONOMY IS IN CHAMBLES NATIONWIDE AND THE CITY SAVES MONEY BY KEEPING VETS. IT TAKES 2 OF YOU AND IN SOME CASES,3 TO MAKE A VET. DON'T BE A HATER KID,JUST BE GLAD WE ARE STILL HERE TO SAVE YOUR IGNORANT FACE.

CHAMBLES?...didn't he play first base for the Yankees and Braves? Every Saturday there is "Grammar Rock" in bewteen cartoons.....I think there was a spelling lesson this morning after Scooby Doo before Hong Kong Phooey.

wow!!!! :o

01-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Great,you know how to spell but can you do any work? I doubt it rook so stop hating and badmouthing the vets. Between the rookie supervisors and the arrogant rooks who are lost,be glad there are still 20yr vets on the streets!

01-10-2010, 12:16 AM
The "NEW" breed of Po's is embarrassing, they have attitudes of grander, cannot think for themselves, cannot write or make themselves understood, last but not least, are LAZY!!!!!

01-12-2010, 04:23 AM
The "NEW" breed of Po's is embarrassing, they have attitudes of grander, cannot think for themselves, cannot write or make themselves understood, last but not least, are LAZY!!!!!

One more thing; they have a sense of entitlement. They feal they diserve everything without earning anything. However, this is the minority. The majority are good kids!

02-16-2010, 01:49 AM
commission is talking about extending it two more years