PDA

View Full Version : Golden Beach Manager Gets a Dewey for Christmas

12-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Lookey........Lookey! :shock: Make sure you follow the bottom link to the New Times and post your comments. A little birdie tells me a long, detailed article is forthcoming to print. :mrgreen:

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/ ... s_a_de.php (http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2009/12/golden_beach_manager_gets_a_de.php)

Golden Beach Manager Gets A Dewey For Christmas
By Francisco Alvarado in Banana RepublicanTue., Dec. 29 2009 @ 12:09AM

?Golden Beach Town Manager Alexander Diaz was a very naughty boy this past December 25. Miami Beach police officers arrested the 31-year-old small city bureaucrat for driving under the influence of alcohol. According to the arrest report, Diaz attempted to drive off in his gray BMW SUV after informing one of the cops at the scene:

"You don't know who I am? I am the city manager *****!"

Diaz could not be reached for comment. He did not respond to a message sent to his town email address and his assistant said he would not be back in the office until January 5.

According to the arrest report, a friend of Diaz was driving his Beemer when they were pulled over on Alton Road and Sixth Street at 3:30 a.m. The town manager was in the passenger's seat and "appeared to be passed out."

The driver woke up a surly Diaz, who allegedly said: "What the ****? Just go home." The driver was asked to get out of the SUV.

Diaz got out too and walked around to the driver's side. He ignored an officer's order to stay put and commands to do a roadside sobriety test, according to the arrest report.

Diaz's bust is the second black eye to hit the tiny, wealthy town of Golden Beach this month. Three weeks ago, CBS4 reported on Golden Beach Police Chief James Skinner's decision to keep Lt. Robert Barrio on the job despite facing felony kidnapping, false imprisonment and battery charges in Alchua County.

{Edited to comply with terms of use}

12-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the updates. Love the posts. Hopefully tyhey will clean up their acts there in GB. Sad to see good cops getting screwed (such as yourself).

12-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Very, very nice article ! God bless the reporter ! It is all true, what is keeping the Mayor and counsel members from taking action or is he in bed with these clowns ?

12-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Wake up Chief and smell the coffee !!! Your department has been strong armed from you ! Put your pants on, stand firm on your two feet and take your department back from these thugs. Do the right thing like you are always preaching, and lead your troops into victory instead of been defeated.

12-29-2009, 02:46 PM
I love the smell of Nape Bomb in the morning, it makes me feel soooo good !

12-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Is there more to come????? or will this bad dream just go away..... NOT...Stay Tuned and find out :wink:
Suck on that Peters Pan :evil: THE CRICKETS ARE SINGING :devil: :devil:

12-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Is the house of cards crumbling???????? No, not just jet. The fun is just begining! :devil:

12-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Is the house of cards crumbling???????? No, not just jet. The fun is just begining! :devil:

YES THIS IS DEFINENTLY FUN!! ROCK ON. LOVE THE GAMES. WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND. AND IT'S A GOING.

12-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Hey Lyndean, why dont you delete the article huh ? I bet the reporter would love it !
:shock: :shock: I do not have any thing to do with what is posted or not, and "Mongoose" Believe it or not I have not posted anything against you on here.

12-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Grow up. By posting nonsense takes away from the real issues. The

DELETED DUE TO VIOLATION OF TERMS

says the fish stinks from the head! Whattaya gonna do about it...that is the question?????

12-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Grow up. By posting nonsense takes away from the real issues. The GB Mafia says the fish stinks from the head! Whattaya gonna do about it...that is the question?????

Down with the GB Mafia. All in favor say AYE

12-31-2009, 02:18 PM
GBPD
WEAR YOUR PROTECTIVE GEAR. CHIEF SKINNER ACCIDENTALLY MISFIRED HIS GUN TWICE WHEN THEY PISSED HIM OFF WHEN HE WAS CHIEF OF CORAL GABLES POLICE DEPARTMENT. THEN THE GOLDEN BEACH TOWN COUNCIL HIRED HIM KNOWING THESE FACTS

The Miami Herald - February 11, 2003 - 3B Local
CORAL GABLES POLICE CHIEF RESIGNS AMID PISTOL MISHAPS, LOW MORALE
Coral Gables Police Chief James Skinner, whose five-year stewardship of the department was recently shaken by low morale and embarrassing misfirings of his pistol, resigned Monday. City Manager David Brown accepted Skinner's resignation late Monday, less than a week after Skinner accidentally shot a toilet at the police station while reholstering his .45 Glock pistol.

The Miami Herald - July 20, 2002 - 5B Local
POLICE CHIEF TAKES OUT LOCKER WITH ONE SHOT
Shot fired at Kendall's L.A. Fitness Sports Club Friday. No injuries. The gunman? Coral Gables Police Chief James Skinner. An accidental discharge, investigators said. Happened at 4:30 p.m. Friday. Skinner, 53, had just finished his physical therapy session at the health club, 8555 SW 124th Ave. He grabbed his gun from his locker and was sticking it back in his holster when it went off, said Coral Gables police spokesman Raul Pedroso. The bullet hit the locker, Pedroso...

The Miami Herald - January 12, 2003 - 3E Neighbors
UNION CRITICAL OF POLICE CHIEF
On the heels of a survey that showed low morale in the Coral Gables Police Department, the city's police union passed a vote Thursday of no confidence in Chief James Skinner. About 80 percent of voting union members said Skinner was unfit to lead the department - a sign of the growing discontent among rank-and-file members over the leadership of their top boss. The department has 164 sworn officers, of whom 157 are union members. A total of 110 officers participated in the...

THEN THE GOLDEN BEACH TOWN COUNCIL HIRED HIM KNOWING THESE FACTS
Miami Herald - May 30, 2004 - 8MB Neighbors
COUNCIL OK'S HIRING FORMER GABLES CHIEF
The Golden Beach Town Council unanimously welcomed James Skinner as the town's new police chief Tuesday, and then engaged in a lively debate over recouping the legal costs of defending officials from ethics complaints. Skinner, 55, the former police chief of Coral Gables, was lauded by the council for his experience and accomplishments in that city. ``His credentials are outstanding,'' said Councilman Ben Einstein.
OUTSTANDING??????YOU ARE AN EMBARRASEMENT
ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE

01-01-2010, 01:52 AM
Skinner is a joke and I say AYE (with both hands)

01-01-2010, 04:03 AM
Did alex get his work permit yet? How is he going to get to and from work? Anybody know? Did the Captain select a driver yet? Maybe he can get another secret raise and delay reporting it?

01-01-2010, 11:44 PM
I am truly amazed by the obvious ignorance and “Legend in their own mind” mindset. I known the leo’s will protect their own. But this is getting out of hand. Someone needs to scratch the Teflon! Just because you are someone of authority does not give you the right to break the laws that are there to protect us and our families. There is no excuse for a clown to be drunk, belligerent and then pull his I’m a city manager card. Nor should an officer regardless if they are management have their charges swept under the rug. Wake up people. D Day is coming.

01-02-2010, 12:58 AM
A wise man once said;

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking"

GB Officers must stick together and rise up to the cause of all of the problems they are having. If illegal things are taking place and you know about them, report them. If you are being treated unfairly or differently, complain. If you are being retaliated against complain to the EEOC and the Florida Commission of Human Relations. If you all stick together for a common cause you can bring that city to it's knees! Don't be a victim. Be an advocate.

Good luck.

01-02-2010, 01:45 AM
A wise man once said;

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking"

GB Officers must stick together and rise up to the cause of all of the problems they are having. If illegal things are taking place and you know about them, report them. If you are being treated unfairly or differently, complain. If you are being retaliated against complain to the EEOC and the Florida Commission of Human Relations. If you all stick together for a common cause you can bring that city to it's knees! Don't be a victim. Be an advocate.

Good luck.

Makes me want to sue this place ! Hmmmmmm

01-08-2010, 02:41 AM
For your reading pleasure...........

I-Team: Golden Beach Town Manager Arrested For DUI
Reporting:Gary Nelson

Golden Beach town manager Alexander Diaz had a blue Christmas. Miami Beach charged the 31-year-old early Christmas morning with DUI when they say he attempted to drive away, drunk, after the car he was riding in was pulled over on Alton Road. Diaz was a passenger in the car that had been stopped for suspicion of DUI.

As an officer administered a road-side sobriety test to the car's driver, police say Diaz came out of the passenger side of the car, cursing and smelling of booze. The arrest report says Diaz had "slurred speech, a staggered gait, bloodshot eyes…and extreme odor of alcohol."

Miami Beach police spokesman, Det. Juan Sanchez, told CBS4 News that Diaz repeatedly told the investigating officer that he was the manager of Golden Beach. The police report quotes Diaz as saying, "You don't know who I am? I'm the city manager, (edited to comply with terms of use MOD 470)!"

Sanchez said Diaz "attempted to enter the driver's side of the vehicle, repeatedly, and was ignoring the officer's commands not to enter the vehicle." According to the police report, Diaz asked the officer, "What's your (edited to comply with terms of use MOD 470) problem?" Police say Diaz got behind the wheel of the car, keys in hand, and was apparently about to drive away.

"Nobody who is impaired is going to be allowed to drive a vehicle, and the officer is not going to let a parked vehicle take off with someone who is impaired at the wheel," Sanchez said. Diaz was arrested and charged with DUI, Sanchez said, because he was in the driver's seat of the car, had possession of the keys and was "in control" of the vehicle. The arrest report says Diaz blew readings of .179 and .177 on a breathalyzer test. That is more than double the legal limit of .08 alcohol level.

Janet Mondshein, executive director of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, told CBS4 News she found it outrageous that Diaz allegedly tried to play on his public office in dealing the police officer.

"He's really lucky that someone stopped him, because he could have killed somebody," Mondshein said. "The police need to get drunk drivers off the road. We don't care if they're political figures or ditch diggers, we want them off the road."

Miami Beach's Detective Sanchez said Diaz wasted his breath trying to play the power card with the police officer. "What you do for a living doesn't count as to whether you're going to be arrested," Sanchez said. "If you meet the standards for a DUI, you will be arrested."

Diaz did not respond to CBS4's request to comment for this story, nor did Golden Beach Mayor Glenn Singer. Members of the Golden Beach town council also did not reply to messages from CBS4 News.

The arrest of Golden Beach's town manager comes on the heels of a CBS4 News investigation last month that revealed police Lieutenant Robert Barrio has been allowed to continue working, despite felony domestic violence charges pending against him.

Barrio is accused of (edited to comply with terms of use MOD 470), false imprisonment and battery in an attack on his wife last year in Alachua County. Diaz and Golden Beach police chief Jim Skinner came under criticism from some town residents, and from experts on domestic violence, for not suspending the cop.

Yours truly,

http://misterjet.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/mongoose_1.jpg

The Mongoose