PDA

View Full Version : Is Proffesional Courtesy Dead?

12-27-2009, 04:44 AM
Just was wondering from FHP.....Is proffesional courtesy dead in Taylor County? Wish I had a dollar for every Trooper Ive backed up on a long dark highway, or every Trooper I have extended my hand too...Just not sure why some Troopers feel the need to write a "FULL BOAT" citation and not use discression when encountering those of us that are on the same team.

I just hope this one Trooper does not represent the vast Troopers in this State...I have always respected you guys and will still back up my local Troopers when they call for help. Fine will be paid but just very disapointed right now and shocked at this experience. Trooper no matter how you feel I would still stand by you in a fight...I will still roll in the ditch with the thug trying to take your life...and I will still step in the line of fire for you as a fellow brother.

12-27-2009, 05:11 AM
[quote="Disapointed"][b]Just was wondering from FHP.....Is proffesional courtesy dead in Taylor County? Wish I had a dollar for every Trooper Ive backed up on a long dark highway, or every Trooper I have extended my hand too...Just not sure why some Troopers feel the need to write a "FULL BOAT" citation and not use discression when encountering those of us that are on the same team.

I just hope this one Trooper does not represent the vast Troopers in this State...I have always respected you guys and will still back up my local Troopers when they call for help. Fine will be paid but just very disapointed right now and shocked at this experience. Trooper no matter how you feel I would still stand by you in a fight...I will still roll in the ditch with the thug trying to take your life...and I will still step in the line of fire for you as a fellow brother.

So how fast were you going and where did you get pulled at?

12-27-2009, 05:21 AM
[b]17 over on a long stretch of wooded roadway

12-27-2009, 05:31 AM
[b]17 over on a long stretch of wooded roadway

Sorry brother, not all of us troopers would have done you that way.

12-27-2009, 05:47 AM
I know that most Troopers would not have... I am old school and remember those that could save my life one day.

12-27-2009, 06:36 AM
I'm glad you got wrote full boat. It's time people recognize that you local cops arent above the law. I write you local scum every chance I get.

Slow down....get the picture? It isn't that hard to figure out....oh well maybe it is, that is after all why you're a local cop.

Hope you got a mandatory court appearance too.....now buckle up and SLOW DOWN.

12-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Teenagers!!!!!!!!!

12-27-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm glad you got wrote full boat. It's time people recognize that you local cops arent above the law. I write you local scum every chance I get.

Slow down....get the picture? It isn't that hard to figure out....oh well maybe it is, that is after all why you're a local cop.

[b]Buddy you must have just got out of the academy but its ok for you to be ignorant. Maybe the area that your from the local cops might be scum, but we have a lot troopers come to our agency and they are great cops. Make sure that you take your power trip with you for back up because the local guy might be the only one to save your #$$ one day.

Also jack #$$ I never said that I was above the law or that I was not wrong! I just was wondering if FHP in the Taylor County area forgot what it was like to be a cop.

12-27-2009, 03:49 PM

[b]Buddy you must have just got out of the academy but its ok for you to be ignorant. Maybe the area that your from the local cops might be scum, but we have a lot troopers come to our agency and they are great cops. Make sure that you take your power trip with you for back up because the local guy might be the only one to save your #$$ one day.

Also jack #$$ I never said that I was above the law or that I was not wrong! I just was wondering if FHP in the Taylor County area forgot what it was like to be a cop.

This guy is not a real cop... To make a 17 over UTC sound like the crime of the century shows how immature this punk is, if he is a cop at all. Real troopers need to get these kids under control pretty soon. Whoever is filling their heads with that "Supreme/Elite LEO" crap needs to be FIRED, as they have no idea of what the Brotherhood is all about. Just my two cents.... To all the real cops, stay safe, and keep looking out for each other! To all the punks (state/county/city), go find something else to do before you get someone hurt!

12-27-2009, 05:55 PM
We need a subforum for you local cops to come whine about being written a UTC by FHP. You guys are clowns.

12-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Lazer boy you are the same puck boy that can only write a ticket because you are scared of yourself. I worked FHP and there were several scrubs that had poor moral character and wrote as many tickets as they could. My point is most FHP troopers are hard working cops that would Do anything for a fellow brother. However there are some that havent seen a dope case in years, havent chased a felon in there carreer, and would not stop at the chance to be a punk and write everyone. Guys like that are street light cops and are afraid to write a felon on a dark stretch of road. So to anyone like lazer boy, or any otherS that cant show courtesy remember that, when your in a fight for your life and a city cop arrives and lends a hand. Oh, never mind you dont stop felons cause you may have your punk boy card pulled.....happy new year to most troopers and God bless. 8)

countryboy
12-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Troopg your not even a cop......How do you get a court appearance for 17 over the speed limit. Your a tool bagger

12-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Lazer boy you are the same puck boy that can only write a ticket because you are scared of yourself. I worked FHP and there were several scrubs that had poor moral character and wrote as many tickets as they could. My point is most FHP troopers are hard working cops that would Do anything for a fellow brother. However there are some that havent seen a dope case in years, havent chased a felon in there carreer, and would not stop at the chance to be a punk and write everyone. Guys like that are street light cops and are afraid to write a felon on a dark stretch of road. So to anyone like lazer boy, or any otherS that cant show courtesy remember that, when your in a fight for your life and a city cop arrives and lends a hand. Oh, never mind you dont stop felons cause you may have your punk boy card pulled.....happy new year to most troopers and God bless. 8)
Another "former trooper" telling it like it like he thinks it ought to be. Welcome back, guest. I guess I am no different than some of my FWC brothers on their forum; tired of seeing "formers" coming back on this board to put their two cents in. You aren't disliked, but you left this behind so you don't have a say in it anymore, either.

12-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Wow it seems there might be some animosity on this one...Lazer Douche...maybe someday you can wake up and be a real cop.....

Common people!!!!!!! Our felloow brothers and sisters are dying everyday by these crazy ass idiots out there...just cause someone pissed in your wheaties doesnt mean would should not take care of one another...I am a city cop in a large city. FHP works a lot of our roadways and we respect them cause they are over worked, underpaid, and group of good cops..why is there always and ass out there that thinks he needs to push his way around....Seriously Trooper get a life, or remember that city or county cop that pulls a thug off you and allows you to go home to you wife and children is on the same team.

The thugs are not going to take care of us.....we need to watch each others back. And Trooper if you are that sorry that you feel the need to stoke a brother in blue then write a non-moving citation. I bet you have let citizens off with a warning or wrote them a lesser citation....be a man and not a douche.

To ALL OTHER TROOPERS OUT THERE!!!!! YOU ARE UNDERPAID AND OVERWORKED......WE THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!!!! WE ARE BROTHERS ON THE SAME TEAM!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS

12-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Remember its the city cop that stops on that lone dark stretch of highway to back you up and make sure that you go home at the end of the night because there is only 2 troopers working in the entire county.....

12-28-2009, 05:46 AM
Ive been a cop for 10 years and think we all need to stop this BS!!!!! People are kiiling our fellow brothers every day and we have Troopers that dont care.....Yes there are cops out there that are stupid and should not be cops...We have to take care of each other cause we all know our agencies and the public dont give a darn about us.....TO YOU DUMB ASS TROOPERS that think you are so great cause you write a brother....PISS on YOU!!!! TO ALL TROOPERS THAT ARE TRUE COPS..........THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WHAT YOU DO! BEING A COP IS ABOUT HAVING HEART NOT CARRYING A GUN AND BADGE!!!! ANY FOOL CAN PIN ON A BADGE AND CARRY A GUN... A true cop is one that has heart.....

REMEMBER WHEN THE MEAT MEETS THE METAL ALL WE HAVE IS EACH OTHER!!!!!

12-28-2009, 12:50 PM
I wish the moderators would delete all these "you gave me a ticket" or "you gave my brother's sister's crack-headed, wife-beating, inbred boyfriend a ticket" I'll bet there have been a thousand of these threads started. Same ole same ole over and over and over again. Everytime some idiot posts these threads, it makes us look that much better to the motoring public that might read on here. They read this and it makes FHP look like the only agency that is treating everybody the same. I personally don't care if a Trooper on the other end of the State writes an LEO a ticket. I can't do anything about it from down here, so why lose any sleep about it?

12-29-2009, 02:37 AM
I wish the moderators would delete all these "you gave me a ticket" or "you gave my brother's sister's crack-headed, wife-beating, inbred boyfriend a ticket" I'll bet there have been a thousand of these threads started. Same ole same ole over and over and over again. Everytime some idiot posts these threads, it makes us look that much better to the motoring public that might read on here. They read this and it makes FHP look like the only agency that is treating everybody the same. I personally don't care if a Trooper on the other end of the State writes an LEO a ticket. I can't do anything about it from down here, so why lose any sleep about it?

Hey Stupid....dont read it!!!! Maybe you should ask your wife for your balls before you go to work...heck maybe come in the big cities every now and then instead of S4's and 10-50's all day long and see what its like make a difference....hope you dont need a back up when your getting your ass kicked!!

01-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Here we go again ! Have been absent for awhile and have yet to put my application in from yankee land and my 80k base plus if I want 20% shift diff but some day I do hope to get to Fl !
But COPS DO NOT WRITE COPS !
Now don`t hit me up with the WHAT IF `s ?
A cop is dirty
A cop is dealing drugs
A cop rapes someone
Speeding PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE !
After I read this board before my last trip down I drove like grandma LOL
On the other hand with the wife and kids aboard I thought about if I saw an FHP getting an ass whooping on the side of the road would I help.
Darn I still would off duty and on vaction . Why ?
Because we are a BROTHERHOOD women,men,blacks,white,hispanic FHP needs to get some pride.
In my State we understand who is with you.
Stay Safe !

01-04-2010, 05:03 AM
Here we go again ! Have been absent for awhile and have yet to put my application in from yankee land and my 80k base plus if I want 20% shift diff but some day I do hope to get to Fl !
A cop is dirty
A cop is dealing drugs
A cop rapes someone
On the other hand with the wife and kids aboard I thought about if I saw an FHP getting an ass whooping on the side of the road would I help.
Because we are a BROTHERHOOD women,men,blacks,white,hispanic FHP needs to get some pride.
Stay Safe !

Agree!

01-04-2010, 03:15 PM
A cop is dirty
A cop is dealing drugs
A cop rapes someone
Stay Safe !

Agree!

I agree as well, some troopers just are idiots when it comes to this, no one else cares about us (police, deputies, troopers) but fellow LEO's and believe or not the Medic's/ FD as well. Those fools who write fellow LEO's and EMS/FD/ Nurses/ Doctors for minor infractions are just plain stupied.....They need to pull thier head out of thier ass and wake up. If not then they need to stop calling for back-up, traffic control and other assistance from these other agencies.... :cop: :shock:

25 year FHP Trooper.

01-05-2010, 03:16 AM
You all get tickets. We are the greatest. Do not talk to other recruits. FHP is the pinnacle of prestige in Law Enforcement.

01-05-2010, 03:18 AM
You all get tickets. We are the greatest. Do not talk to other recruits. FHP is the pinnacle of prestige in Law Enforcement.

If you are a 25 year trooper tell me what a signal 37 is????????

01-05-2010, 03:24 AM

It's what the delta unit calls out on when he's at your house with your wife.

01-05-2010, 03:26 AM

It's what the delta unit calls out on when he's at your house with your wife.

Nuff Said

01-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Yeah it is a shame there are troopers out there, especially Trooper W. in Hernando Co. that likes to write LEO.

I just hope one day he finds himself in the same position. He deserves the same treatment, however like most LEO's he will be given the professional pass.

It is a shame how time changes the moral character of a profession.

01-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Professional Courtesy is not dead!

Some Troopers may be too stupid to see the big picture! The Troopers once identified need to be placed in a zone or area where they work, and need the support and friendship of other law enforcement agencies.

Wait until speed enforcement goes to camera enforcement and then we will all be screwed! Until then guys do the right thing and protect each other when you go to battle you do not care about race, color, creed, agency or any other thing. Remember its law enforcement against those who want to hurt us and our communities.

A fellow law enforcement officer going a little fast to make it home, would never be driving to fast to stop and help you out if you needed it.

Think about it!

Until then stay safe and God Bless.

We all love our Country and people are coming here to hurt us, stay focused on the big picture. Who is the enemy to our citizens?

01-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah it is a shame there are troopers out there, especially Trooper W. in Hernando Co. that likes to write LEO.

I just hope one day he finds himself in the same position. He deserves the same treatment, however like most LEO's he will be given the professional pass.

It is a shame how time changes the moral character of a profession.
More than likely he will not find himself in the same position. Most (not all but most) troopers don't put themselves in that position.

01-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Don't be so naive. You know as well as I do our profession makes us drive a bit more aggressive then any others. We do it in a manner to get to our brothers and sisters quickly as well to get to calls rapidly to serve the people who pay us. Granted it may lead to bad habits, but we do it for a cause. For those of you who do not recognize this and insist on being the "big guy" you just prove to the rest of us that you probably really don't belong in this profession. I am not speaking of the reckless or intoxicated off duty officer, I am speaking merely for the ones that may be a bit heavy on the foot at times. You have discretion, use it wiselly as you may wish it be done for you one day.

Be safe and as always we will ALWAYS be there for you, regardless.

01-08-2010, 01:48 AM

Troop Gman, I hope to God you change your attitude; what is wrong with you? Are you not all out there for the same reason? It's people like you who give FHP a bad name!! No, not all FHP Troopers are like that - I am embarrassed at how arrogant and rude Troop Gman is; my apologies disappointed.

01-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Well I am one of the smart troopers and have found a lot of great advice from the city kitties and countie mounties that post on here about receiving tickets from FHP. You all are very correct that you back us up a lot. You save our butts on a daily basis. Can't imagine how the highway patrol would function without your assistance. So I have made it a personal policy that I will write no law enforcement officer a traffic ticket....unless they work 100 miles outside of the area I work or another state. That will definitely no tick off anybody that I have to rely on coming to save me. Thanks for the great advice city kitties and county mounties... :devil:

Signed,
Smokey Bear

01-09-2010, 01:25 AM
From a "city kitty".....no problem backing you "brown clown".

Signed
Smokey my pole.

01-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Well I am one of the smart troopers and have found a lot of great advice from the city kitties and countie mounties that post on here about receiving tickets from FHP. You all are very correct that you back us up a lot. You save our butts on a daily basis. Can't imagine how the highway patrol would function without your assistance. So I have made it a personal policy that I will write no law enforcement officer a traffic ticket....unless they work 100 miles outside of the area I work or another state. That will definitely no tick off anybody that I have to rely on coming to save me. Thanks for the great advice city kitties and county mounties... :devil:

Signed,
Smokey Bear
Don't worry about them coming to save you; they will simply almost run you over as they violate the Move-Over law and speed past you at 90 MPH in the lane next to where you are stopped as they are 10-51 to roll call or 10-51 to their 10-42.

01-10-2010, 09:33 PM

Signed,
Smokey Bear

Hey Smokey Bear

You do realize that the off duty officer that stops to save your ass will probably be out side your guidelines. Keep writing them tickets though. The legislatures need a pay raise.

01-12-2010, 04:28 AM
Troopers have to do that, if you're a real cop, don't speed cause you get people for that same reason. Why let you go? Because you're a local cop? Showed him your id? I'd be ashamed of being a cop doing 17 over, because I get people everyday for doing this shit so my mind wouldn't be clear when I go to sleep night.

01-12-2010, 02:58 PM
I've been stopped by several Troopers over the years, once last week, and all have been QRU.

01-12-2010, 04:17 PM

Signed,
Smokey Bear

That has got to be one of the most STUPID comments I have ever seen. Grow up and stop acting like a child idiot. Its a civil infraction . It doesnt matter where a cop works if hes got a badge and gun.. Drive safe and take care..... Put some thought into your reponse before you open your mouth next time.

01-13-2010, 12:27 AM
To the Taylor Trooper;
I'm with FWC and I work in your area. Just a little free advise. Lighten up man. It will very likely be another agency that saves your young a** someday. I know you think you're Florida's Fine...... and all that, but trust me it can go sideways real fast and without help it can go bad. I have seen it first hand. Work with everyone in the area and buy them a cup- not piss them off for traffic. Please think about it Folks. See you out there.

01-13-2010, 01:36 PM
To the Taylor Trooper;
I'm with FWC and I work in your area. Just a little free advise. Lighten up man. It will very likely be another agency that saves your young a** someday. I know you think you're Florida's Fine...... and all that, but trust me it can go sideways real fast and without help it can go bad. I have seen it first hand. Work with everyone in the area and buy them a cup- not piss them off for traffic. Please think about it Folks. See you out there.

You are obviously lost. This is where you need to be>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewforum.php?f=432

If you want to be a State Trooper so bad, stop by the station and pick up an ap. I could care less what goes on at FWC or what their opinion is about what we are doing at FHP. The only contact I have with FWC is when I tell dispatch to notify them somebody has waffled a black bear with their Bruick and certainly have better things to do with my time than reading the FWC forum. :P

01-13-2010, 04:16 PM
To the Taylor Trooper;

If you want to be a State Trooper so bad, stop by the station and pick up an ap. I could care less what goes on at FWC or what their opinion is about what we are doing at FHP. The only contact I have with FWC is when I tell dispatch to notify them somebody has waffled a black bear with their Bruick and certainly have better things to do with my time than reading the FWC forum. :PThanks for the kind offer, but I do not want to be a Trooper. As a FHP Brass recently said, you guys wish you could recruit the quality of folks that we do and have for years. For your information, I know of many troopers who have transfered to GFC/FWC over the years, can you name one one went the other way ?? Maybe it's the sh!ty attitute that some of you have that gives the public and other LE the poor opinion of your agency. Maybe Julie can turn it around for you. See you around clown !

01-13-2010, 10:07 PM
To the Taylor Trooper;

If you want to be a State Trooper so bad, stop by the station and pick up an ap. I could care less what goes on at FWC or what their opinion is about what we are doing at FHP. The only contact I have with FWC is when I tell dispatch to notify them somebody has waffled a black bear with their Bruick and certainly have better things to do with my time than reading the FWC forum. :PThanks for the kind offer, but I do not want to be a Trooper. As a FHP Brass recently said, you guys wish you could recruit the quality of folks that we do and have for years. For your information, I know of many troopers who have transfered to GFC/FWC over the years, can you name one one went the other way ?? Maybe it's the sh!ty attitute that some of you have that gives the public and other LE the poor opinion of your agency. Maybe Julie can turn it around for you. See you around clown !
I know of many of your "officers" in 24 years that have tried to apply, couldn't get hired by the FHP, and went to your agency (or when you were two seperate ones) instead. Don't know of ANY that applied to YOUR agency, couldn't get hired, and came to us instead. What does that say about the quality of people you hire and have hired for years? :oops: As far as
the sh!ty attitute that some of you have that gives the public and other LE the poor opinion of your agency have you looked at your own forum lately? You get laughed at and riduculed just at hard (remember: it's a public forum). Later, "Squirrel Sheriff" (and that's with an emphasis on the "squirrel").
P.S. If you remove the letter "i" from your username of "FWCunit", I think it will provide a more acurate description of what you really are. :mrgreen:

01-14-2010, 03:50 PM
I know of many troopers who have transfered to GFC/FWC over the years,

Many? MANY?... I don't know of ONE? I do know of one Officer that went through the entire academy again to be a State Trooper, but she came from Marine Patrol. If somebody left FHP to be a game officer, it's because they want to be in the woods. We do not have a mass exodus of State Troopers that are itching to go out and count how many crappies somebody caught. Troopers that leave FHP do so to make more money. You will not make more money working for a crappie agency like FWC.

By the way, the female Trooper said she left Marine Patrol because the job was "too boring" (for the record).

01-15-2010, 02:13 AM
for speeding has a screw loose. Yes I have encountered FHP traveling through my state. I have never written another brother. And I guess I never will. The only problem is I know it is some loser like the FHP that writes brothers that will hold his badge to the window before I get to the car. And he will get off , sad but true.
have worked with idiots like you . They give other cops a hard time but are first to flash the badge the minute they are jacked.

01-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Yes professional courtesy is dead, that is how they teach these dweebs at the FHP academy these days.

01-20-2010, 09:35 AM
What I love is the lecture. "What would your Chief say if I called him up right now and told him how fast you were going?"

Couple of answers: I don't know, let's call him and find out, he's on my speed dial.
I don't think he will cares what a meter maid like you would have to say.
He is my boss, not my dad.
He probably wouldn't accept your call.
He would be uspet at YOU for bothering him with this.
He would reply or at least think "what an Jass would treat another LEO in this manner".
He would tell you that he will take care of me on Monday (yeah ok buddy).
He would have me written up (oh no I forgot, he can't discipline me for a policy violation that is committed off duty anymore). Unless it brings discredit to the agency of course.

Those are the possible scenarios. So you could stop asking that dumb question.

01-20-2010, 12:18 PM
What I love is the lecture. "What would your Chief say if I called him up right now and told him how fast you were going?"

Couple of answers: I don't know, let's call him and find out, he's on my speed dial.
I don't think he will cares what a meter maid like you would have to say.
He is my boss, not my dad.
He probably wouldn't accept your call.
He would be uspet at YOU for bothering him with this.
He would reply or at least think "what an Jass would treat another LEO in this manner".
He would tell you that he will take care of me on Monday (yeah ok buddy).
He would have me written up (oh no I forgot, he can't discipline me for a policy violation that is committed off duty anymore). Unless it brings discredit to the agency of course.

Those are the possible scenarios. So you could stop asking that dumb question.
I agree completely. Stop asking that dumb question and just write the ticket. Get it over with so you can both get on your way. Thanks for backing us on that one! :twisted:

01-20-2010, 04:40 PM
The Chief wrote:
What I love is the lecture. "What would your Chief say if I called him up right now and told him how fast you were going

================================================== =================================

He most likely say what kind of LEO are you to rat out another cop over a traffic offense. He would also put out an order requiring us to obey the speed limit when backing up on calls for your agency.

When are you guys going to learn that a cop driving a little too fast is not the end of the world but a cop getting hurt is. Worry about the important stuff and protect each other.

01-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Yeah this is stupid, Commerical cops, Agriculture Cops, Environmental Cops, Wildlife Cops and yes Drivers License Cops. Who cares what your title is- Why is it this is the only State agency on here in Florida thats gets more crap about writting other Cops??

Do you think you will ever grow up and get past this junk. Let's put it in perspective- 5 or 6 State LE agencies, 67 Sheriff's Office in Florida, Over 500 city and town Police Departments. HMMMMMM wheres the problem being originated at?

CODE RED---CODE RED....I see a solution :roll:

01-26-2010, 01:09 AM
More cool aid, Kid ?

01-26-2010, 02:45 AM
Yes. Professional courtesy is dead. Please move along.

01-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Read blog . . ."Thanks Trooper"

01-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Professional courtesy is not dead, FHP just know how to spell it. When they do maybe they will participate

01-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Professional courtesy is not dead, FHP just know how to spell it. When they do maybe they will participate

You might want to check your writing before you post. By not reading it over, your point has been completely missed.

01-27-2010, 02:22 AM
Professional courtesy is not dead, FHP just doesn't know how to spell it. When they do, maybe they will participate

You might want to check your writing before you post. By not reading it over, your point has been completely missed.

Thanks for pointing that out, at least I know people read it.