PDA

View Full Version : FHP TO BUY MORE PPE KITS

12-14-2009, 11:58 PM
I read where FHP is buying 100 PPE Kits (the huge black bag in your trunk) at a cost of $36,500. I thought these were provided to us by the homeland security folks post-9/11? If we are running short of them, they can have mine :P

12-15-2009, 11:58 AM
I read where FHP is buying 100 PPE Kits (the huge black bag in your trunk) at a cost of $36,500. I thought these were provided to us by the homeland security folks post-9/11? If we are running short of them, they can have mine :P

They can have mine too. It just gathers dust and is never used. The equipment we really need will not even be considered.

12-15-2009, 01:01 PM

They can have mine too. It just gathers dust and is never used. The equipment we really need will not even be considered.

You guys just don't get it and never will. Those kits are bought with federal money that is specifically earmarked for that use. FHP cannot use that money for raises, Chargers, AR-15s, or any of the other things that you may want. And when you start your whining about money not being used for raises but being spent on new computers, hats, raincoats or any other purchase keep in mind that operating money can not be used to provide raises as that is only controlled by the legislature. Now, when you get upset about increased registration fees and the legislature raiding that money like a dime whore using it for a quick drug fix you are completely justified. That is the money that should have been used to give members a $10,000 across the board raise.

12-15-2009, 01:11 PM

You guys just don't get it and never will. Those kits are bought with federal money that is specifically earmarked for that use. FHP cannot use that money for raises, Chargers, AR-15s, or any of the other things that you may want. And when you start your whining about money not being used for raises but being spent on new computers, hats, raincoats or any other purchase keep in mind that operating money can not be used to provide raises as that is only controlled by the legislature. Now, when you get upset about increased registration fees and the legislature raiding that money like a dime whore using it for a quick drug fix you are completely justified. That is the money that should have been used to give members a $10,000 across the board raise.

We aren't getting the money from the Feds for the PPE's. We're asking the legislature for $36,500 to buy more of the kits. It said that some of them are expired. Since we got them all at once from the Feds, I assume that all of the garbage bags are now expired. I'll have to dig my garbage bag out of the kit and see if it has a date on it. On 2nd thought, bad idea. I'll never be able to get all that crap packaged back into that bag, not to mention having to repack my entire trunk. I know that black bag is down in there somewhere :lol:

12-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Mine is in my garage,,Ill give you mine,,no room in my trunk besides my mop gear from the military is newer :devil:

12-15-2009, 02:31 PM
I put mine in my mini storage 2 years ago and never looked back. I know a couple of guys who threw it away.

12-15-2009, 08:50 PM
The gas mask filters were expired when we got the kits, FHP never did replace them, they did a survey to find out how many were epired but never replaced any of the expired filters.

12-15-2009, 08:55 PM

We aren't getting the money from the Feds for the PPE's. We're asking the legislature for $36,500 to buy more of the kits. It said that some of them are expired. Since we got them all at once from the Feds, I assume that all of the garbage bags are now expired. I'll have to dig my garbage bag out of the kit and see if it has a date on it. On 2nd thought, bad idea. I'll never be able to get all that crap packaged back into that bag, not to mention having to repack my entire trunk. I know that black bag is down in there somewhere :lol:
I do not know if the money is originating from the Feds or not but you still need an LBR to get spending authority to spend the Feds money so the fact that there is an LBR does not mean that it is not federal grant funds!