PDA

View Full Version : Troopers VS. Deputies VS. Officers.

12-11-2009, 12:56 PM
I have been a deputy in Broward over 20 years and only had a bad expierence with a Trooper one time. That was years ago and oh well. I spend alot of time in traffic court with Troopers, Deputies & Officers and I think we all get along just fine. I am not sure what all the *****ing and moaning is all about. There are a-holes in EVERY agency including mine. Every law enforcement officer should work their 8 or 12 hours and go home & stop worrying about the petty crap. We all need to be happy that we are all employed. There are several educated people that have been in jobs over 25 years that are currently unemployed. Please stop all the *****ing and get back to work.

As far as law Enforcement pulling over other Law Enforcement while in a marked unit, well Im not to sure about that. I think you will get better results in just getting the unit number and report it to the proper agancy if you feel the violation is bad enough. There is no reason just short of criminal activity to stop ANY law enforcement officer in a marked unit.

In closing, we all have a-holes in our respective departments. I have good friends that are troopers, deputies and officers. Get off your high horse and look in the mirror. It just might be you that has the problem.

Please all be safe and the Mod should consider deleting some of the foolish threads out there......

12-11-2009, 06:00 PM
I have been a deputy in Broward over 20 years and only had a bad expierence with a Trooper one time. That was years ago and oh well. I spend alot of time in traffic court with Troopers, Deputies & Officers and I think we all get along just fine. I am not sure what all the *****ing and moaning is all about. There are a-holes in EVERY agency including mine. Every law enforcement officer should work their 8 or 12 hours and go home & stop worrying about the petty crap. We all need to be happy that we are all employed. There are several educated people that have been in jobs over 25 years that are currently unemployed. Please stop all the *****ing and get back to work.

As far as law Enforcement pulling over other Law Enforcement while in a marked unit, well Im not to sure about that. I think you will get better results in just getting the unit number and report it to the proper agancy if you feel the violation is bad enough. There is no reason just short of criminal activity to stop ANY law enforcement officer in a marked unit.

In closing, we all have a-holes in our respective departments. I have good friends that are troopers, deputies and officers. Get off your high horse and look in the mirror. It just might be you that has the problem.

Please all be safe and the Mod should consider deleting some of the foolish threads out there......

It's a good post Deputy and I agree. As for the marked car, I couldn't care less about them. The only time I care is if they blow by me when I am either on a x50 or helping a motorist. As if the move over law doesn't apply to them. I have had marked cars bow by me at 90 mph in the lane next to me. After he went went by, I guess he saw my displeasure and pulled over. HE backed down the median and apologized for that. Although it was a bonehead move, he made up for it by coming back, apologizing, and helping me finish up a tire change.

That's the only time I really care-when I am lights on and conducting business. But if I am sitting running radar and a marked car goes by speeding, I don't care - I don't mess with it.

As for stopping LEOs in their POVs or undercover cars. Here's how I work. I run the tag before I stop a car on the computer. Just in case something happens, they will have a lead on the tag involved in my incident. Anyway, if I approach the car and discover it is an undercover, I talk to the driver. I don't lecture, I just check ID, see what department, and ask him how he likes his department. After a minute of so (on average) small talk we are both on our ways. I will also let them know that I ran the tag so when the "flag" goes off at FDLE-he/ his department is prepared. POV procedures are about the same. Unless they are doing something really stupid...we are on our ways.

Of course, before they leave in their POV I let them know that there are Troopers/other departments that won't give them a break if they get stopped again. This is not threatening, this is telling them the truth-because it really is (as this site proves)

Same team...

But that is just me...

12-11-2009, 08:55 PM
I agree 100% with both of you.

My experience on both sides of these x50's has been for the most part very positive.

The lone exception for me was stopping two FBI agents hauling a$$ off duty on I-95 at 2 am many years ago. The driver gets out with his side arm in hand...his excuse was that he was trying to show me his badge that was clipped on the holster...he was not very happy at my command to drop the weapon. He kept yelling at me that he was a Federal agent...funny only because his badge had fallen onto the floor of his car. After checking and confirming the ID presented, we all agreed that it was time for an underwear check and went back about our biz. Had I been a nut-buster I could have done a field sobriety and probably gone 10-15 on the driver...I choose to ask the 3rd passenger to drive, she was a 42 1/2 of the agent. It all worked out...so am I good deputy??? I think so...but could they have hurt someone? Sure they could have...but they didn't. So I took care of them the best I could. (this was a long time ago and of course would be more difficult with todays technology)

Seriously though, I have been stopped by city, state and county a few times over my 20 plus years on the road. Never any real issues. No I don't drink...but driving a little fast is in my opinion an occupational hazard. The last time I was stroked was when I was a 17 year old kid...and for 123mph in a 55 I deserved it.
(for the record I was on my way to see a friend in ICU) The nice FHP LT did not take me to jail...thanks LT. Funny almost 10 years later I met up with him after the academy. He remembered me and said he cut me a break because he was late for Sunday morning biscuits and gravy at the house. I thanked him again for not hooking me up and thus keeping me from being a LEO. Funny stuff??? Maybe...but life happens...take a deep breath and us good judgment.

We are all on the same team...make it work!

I have yet to meet a perfect LEO! :cop:

12-11-2009, 08:58 PM

HEY CONCERNED - You ever work with/for Bertucelli?

12-11-2009, 09:16 PM
deputy87654321,

sorry brother, never heard of that person..

12-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Just want to remind eveyone that this thread was not really about traffic stops, just the fact that we are ALL the same and that we ALL have a-holes in our respective agencies. Lets please stop the *****ing about what department is better then the other. The only difference is the color of the uniform. Be safe !!!!

12-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Col. Steve Bertucelli was with the BCSO until 1992 or so...

12-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Great post. I think most of these issues are brought up by miserable people who have nothing better to do than get us fighting with each other. The best thing to do is to not entertain such ridiculous posts.

Most issues arrise when people simply aren't courteous to one another. Why do we HAVE to have a law that says MOVE OVER for stopped emergency vehicles? I remember being taught that it was a common courtesy to move over whenever anyone is on the shoulder.

If you get stopped or stop an LEO, just be courteous to each other and everything should work out!

"Why can't we all just get along"

12-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Great post. I think most of these issues are brought up by miserable people who have nothing better to do than get us fighting with each other. The best thing to do is to not entertain such ridiculous posts.

Most issues arrise when people simply aren't courteous to one another. Why do we HAVE to have a law that says MOVE OVER for stopped emergency vehicles? I remember being taught that it was a common courtesy to move over whenever anyone is on the shoulder.

If you get stopped or stop an LEO, just be courteous to each other and everything should work out!

"Why can't we all just get along"

You are so correct. I was stopped while on vacation in Tn. for speeding. He was polite. I gave him my DL and other docs. I then showed him my work ID and all he did was smile, we shook hands and he said have a great day as he walked away and got back into his car. I was so impressed. Why is that so hard here??? Be safe guys.....