PDA

View Full Version : FHP 10-31 ON PBSO

12-09-2009, 03:02 PM
ANU INFO ?

12-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Please tell me a trooper did not try to x50 a marked PBSO unit.

Granted the info you have may not be accurate... what "allegedly" did you hear?

12-09-2009, 06:14 PM
I heard off duty x49 in POV ran from the trooper and was x15d.

12-09-2009, 08:24 PM
I heard off duty x49 in POV ran from the trooper and was x15d.

Wowww.

12-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Heres your sign, I am sure we only got 1/16 of this

12-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Thankfully no one was hurt? At least the news didn't get a hold of this.

Any reason why he ran?

12-10-2009, 12:39 AM
It is only a matter of time til the press gets a hold of this. This guy was in a unmarked car and one that was not a normal police car with no lights. He failed to stop and the chase lasted about 12 miles. He has not been 10-15'd yet but it is coming. Supposedly PBSO is not to happy with what this deputy did. Also, there is a video to and word is he was not very cooperative during the felony stop and resisted.
So sad all he had to do was stop and none of this would have happened!!!

12-10-2009, 01:52 AM
Deputy is claiming that his supervisor told him not to stop for FHP

12-10-2009, 03:40 AM
If all this is true
The deputy and supervisor need to be charged....
Any of you smart deputies that know the criminal statutes SOOOO well want to share what the supervisor should be charged with???

12-10-2009, 07:30 AM
My guess is he was in an undercover car, was working narcotics for some drug task force, and was right in the middle of a huge operation or mobile surveillance of some drug king pin.
Ive been there, and I too have been pulled over by a trooper. The difference is, I stopped, showed my creds, informed the trooper I was in a unit and was working a job, and was on my way.
This deputy handled it wrong. During the op brief my unit always goes over what to do when stopped in an undercover car by another agency. No dope case is worth running from a trooper to make. Had he been following a murder suspect or something of that nature I could understand, but it doesnt sound like that was the case here.

12-10-2009, 03:05 PM
big mess, tv stations already requested the tape, stand by it will be all over cnn, all he had to do is stop.

12-10-2009, 03:53 PM
You know... I have never cited or given crap to any LEO. But this on its face... from what were being told - is BS. A 40 mile chase at 100mph, spike strips on deploy, fully uniformed troopers in fully marked cars, and then a trooper getting shoved... only to be presented with creds that show the man is an LEO. WTF was he thinking?

Secondly, my question to FHP is: Why didn't you 10-15 this deputy? As i said, I don't give LEO's crap - but had this been me, click, click.

Isn't your Command Center at the Lakeworth Reststop? Did any of your upper brass come out?

Deerfield BSO Deputy

12-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Deputy is claiming that his supervisor told him not to stop for FHP

So his supervisor told hit to commit a felony ? I don't think any supervisor would ever tell their employee to do something like this. If this is true, the supervisor and the deputy will be going for the ride soon.

12-10-2009, 06:06 PM
If this is true, the deputy is in doo doo. All he had to do was stop badge flash tell the trooper he is working and leave. Now it sounds like a dope case blown and a whole new one in the making. If the deputy survives this he wont be in dope anymore. Hee will be in that green and white....1065...At least he will get to meet some troopers now :devil:

12-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Some, I said some, of you Troopers need to stop bashing other officers. You can live in in this false belief that you are somehow better than Deputies and Police Officers. Here's a reality check, you are better at traffic. That's all, traffic. It's what you do. If you weren't so insecure about that you wouldn't keep calling Deputies stupid. Most of them perform much more diverse police work. Most of them make more than you. Most of them have better benefits, Most of them have better equipment. Most of them get better ongoing training once out of the academy.And no matter how good you get or how high you climb the ranks you will always work traffic. Those are the facts, so who's stupid.

So stop painting them all with the same brush. Most of them are great, not to mention your back-up. I once pulled over a Trooper speeding and driving aggressively in his POV gray Charger that proceeded to jump out of his car and scream at the top of his lungs that he was a Trooper. He didn't get a ticket but he did get educated. There are ****s in every agency.

12-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Some, I said some, of you Troopers need to stop bashing other officers. You can live in in this false belief that you are somehow better than Deputies and Police Officers. Here's a reality check, you are better at traffic. That's all, traffic. It's what you do. If you weren't so insecure about that you wouldn't keep calling Deputies stupid. Most of them perform much more diverse police work. Most of them make more than you. Most of them have better benefits, Most of them have better equipment. Most of them get better ongoing training once out of the academy.And no matter how good you get or how high you climb the ranks you will always work traffic. Those are the facts, so who's stupid.

So stop painting them all with the same brush. Most of them are great, not to mention your back-up. I once pulled over a Trooper speeding and driving aggressively in his POV gray Charger that proceeded to jump out of his car and scream at the top of his lungs that he was a Trooper. He didn't get a ticket but he did get educated. There are ****s in every agency.

Why don't you trooper wannabees stay on your own board and quit starting all this bull*#it?

12-10-2009, 09:12 PM

Perfect !!!!!!

12-10-2009, 10:18 PM

It's ironic that you are trying bash the Troopers for their bashing. please look through most of the posts on this site. Most of them are bashing Troopers. And here you are talking about how everyone else is better than us.

And if the Trooper really got out and yelled, you should have written him. Screw him. Being a professional LEO involves on and off duty behavior. Forget professional courtesy if the guy acts like a jerk.

12-11-2009, 12:10 AM
That's something right there... isn't it...?

I can only guess which trooper jumped outta his Charger POV... You should have written him.

It's all about courtesy. And before you people jump all over me, I'm not necessarily talking about professional courtesy - I'm speaking of common sense courtesy. You know - the kind where you don't act "afool", and treat people like crap.

You give respect and you should receive it. It's one thing for us to be dealing with the public all of the time and listen to their verbal abuse. But with each other, there is no excuse for this.

Stay safe ya'll.

12-11-2009, 04:09 AM
That's something right there... isn't it...?

I can only guess which trooper jumped outta his Charger POV... You should have written him.

It's all about courtesy. And before you people jump all over me, I'm not necessarily talking about professional courtesy - I'm speaking of common sense courtesy. You know - the kind where you don't act "afool", and treat people like crap.

You give respect and you should receive it. It's one thing for us to be dealing with the public all of the time and listen to their verbal abuse. But with each other, there is no excuse for this.

Stay safe ya'll.

Maybe I should have. I didn't, you know why? He's a cop.

12-11-2009, 05:14 AM

It's ironic that you are trying bash the Troopers for their bashing. please look through most of the posts on this site. Most of them are bashing Troopers. And here you are talking about how everyone else is better than us.

And if the Trooper really got out and yelled, you should have written him. Screw him. Being a professional LEO involves on and off duty behavior. Forget professional courtesy if the guy acts like a jerk.
Agreed. Part of being a professional LEO means having respect for others who work in the same field you do, regardless of how you may feel about their agency, and I think this deputy's actions are indicative of what some deputies and police officers feel about the Florida Highway Patrol and troopers in general (didn't say all, didn't say most, said some). Heck, all you have to do is look through a lot of the comments by them on the different threads on our (that's OUR) forum to see what I'm talking about. Most of the negative posts on this forum come from deputies and officers bashing troopers, claiming we don't do our jobs or when we do, don't do them well. Now here are troopers doing their job because a deputy can't seem to do his and here our so-called "brothers" are again; trying to bash THAT and demean what we do. Bottom line: a lot of smack has been talked on this thread by deputies and police officers like yourselves about how you wouldn't stop for a trooper if you were lit up, and how it would play out so badly for the trooper and he would be in handcuffs, and read this statute about our authority, and blah blah blah blah blah. It's a sad thing the deputy made the decision he did, but now we see how the real thing ACTUALLY plays out, and some of you now have a funny warm tingly feeling in your private areas because you don't feel like talking so much smack now and you really didn't think the FHP was up to the task. I believe while bashing us the non-trooper posted "Here's a reality check." Well, here's YOUR reality check and we just cashed it for you. 8)

12-11-2009, 06:21 AM
Reality check. That Trooper was stopped by an FWC officer in Martin County. That's the reality. Cash that.

12-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Reality check. That Trooper was stopped by an FWC officer in Martin County. That's the reality. Cash that.
If I had to cash the reality checks of the number of FMP, GFC, FWC officers stopped and let go by troopers I could have retired a looooooong time ago. Cash that with interest. :wink:

12-11-2009, 12:09 PM
The whole thing is a mess. I don't work in Troop L but I understand the troopers and deputies there get along pretty well. Like everything else it's one person, not the entire department. I hope it clears quickly so everyone can get back to work and put it behind them.

12-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Ok ... so I realize we can't have a post on this site that stays on topic. So I'll ask - What is actually going on with this situation? Did the deputy and supervisor who allegedly did all of this stuff, get into trouble?

Status anyone?

12-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Here is the status report you wanted: GFY Road Ranger. Remember you make $38,000.00.

12-12-2009, 04:03 AM
Here is the status report you wanted: GFY Road Ranger. Remember you make $38,000.00.

I may not make lots of money, but I at least have class. You do not seem to have any based on your response.

12-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Where is the video?
http://www.page2live.com/2009/12/11/pbso-deputy-suspended-after-high-speed-car-chase-with-fhp/

12-15-2009, 12:54 AM
The whole thing is a mess. I don't work in Troop L but I understand the troopers and deputies there get along pretty well. Like everything else it's one person, not the entire department. I hope it clears quickly so everyone can get back to work and put it behind them.

AGREED....LET'S ALL CALM DOWN...FHP I'M BORROWING YOUR BOARD..
I WORK FOR A MUNICIPALITY AND I HAVE TO SAY ..I'VE BEEN STOPPED BY YOU ALL AND I'VE ALWAYS BEEN TREATED WITH UTMOST RESPECT AND WITH PROFESSIONAL COURTESY..SAME THING WITH PBSO...AND WEST PALM ..AND I'VE GIVEN IT WHEN I'VE STOPPED PEOPLE....ESPECIALLY MILITARY PERSONS..BUT THEKEY IS THEY STOPPED AND I STOPPED...NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED WITH THIS DEPUTY ...HOPEFULLY THERE IS A LOT MORE EXPLANATIONS TO THIS INCIDENT THAT WOULD JUSTIFY WHAT HAPPENED...I BELIEVE IN HAVING AN OPEN MIND AND LETTING THIS PLAY OUT..THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THAN SLAMMING SOMEONE WITHOUT ALL OF THE FACTS...WHAT I DO SAY IS THAT BASED ON WHAT WE KNOW.....AND THE ACTIONS OF FHP DURING THIS INCIDENT...YOU ALL DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG....AND ALL OF US KNOW THAT IF WE TRIED TO STOP A VEHICLE AND EVENTUALLY DID AFTER IT WOULDN'T STOP..WE WOULD BE ARRESTING AND TOWING A VEHICLE...NO DOUBT FOR THE NORMAL CITIZEN...BUT AGAIN BASED UPON WHAT LITTLE WE DO KNOW...YOU GUYS REALLY HANDLED IT WITH GRACE AND HOPEFULLY ANYONE ELSE IN SIMILAR SITUATIONS WILL DO THE SAME....

12-15-2009, 01:48 AM
Did anybody go on PBSO board. They are not bashing Troopers at all. How could a TRooper have known. We are all grown adults. Some of us wear a Star and others a Shield. This isnt a Sheriff Trooper thing, that could of been any agency. Point is the Deputy made his own bed on this one. PERIOD. Tell me how a general Order (directive of a supervisor) is going to supercede a State Law by not stopping hence comiting a crime. This is Narc 101 and its a good way to get dead.

12-15-2009, 03:51 AM
From the PBSO board (hilarious):

The scene is the Florida Turnpike, somewhere in the heart of Martin County. It's dark out and most of the world is climbing into bed. But crime in this town never sleeps...and neither does the law.

Now, we see our main character comming into view. He's driving a blacked-out crown vic, no wait, it's a black pick-up truck with a diamond plate tool box...a typical Agent's ride. He's dressed for business...clad in all black, velcro head-to-toe. He's talking on the phone to "Sarge," the salty vet who's been there, done that.

"You on your way, yet?" He growls in a deep, barritone voice.

"51. ETA is about one-zero mikes." His voice is high pitched. It's his first real mission after all.

"Well hurry the hell up, rook!"

"Ten-four Sarge!" He puts his phone in one of thirty-eight pockets on his Raid vest.

Our main character squeezes the gas pedal against the automotive carpeting littered with sunflower seeds and finger-nail clippings. The truck surges forward and begins to buffet mildly as the speedometer closes in on 120 m.p.h. Time is critical and our character grows more impatient every mile marker he shoots past. The segmented lines seperating the lanes seem as one solid line at this speed. He doesn't want to miss out on the opportunity to rescue humanity from another villian.

Suddenly, out of the blackness, a tan and black police interceptor merges onto the roadway and starts on a straight-line course for the pick-up truck. It doesn't have a light bar so it has a very low aerodynamic co-efficient. The gap between our two crime fighters grows smaller...and smaller...and smaller. Our main character is completely unaware. At three car lengths, the trooper throws on a blue and red barrage of LED lights strong enough to "burn your optic nerves." It catches our character by complete surprise.

"What the?" He glares into the rear-view and squints. He wears the disgust on his face like thick, cheap, drug store makeup.

"Highway Patrol...I KNEW IT!!!" This is where the story takes and unexpected turn.

Tune in tomorrow night...

12-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Trooper I believe most of the comments are meant for a Black and Tan trying to stop a marked unit, not some idiot with a badge and gun driving a personal vehicle registered to the Sheriff's Office.

I did just hear recently a Black and tan trying to stop a marked Sheriff's jail van and they did not stop. No repricussion there.. for me it it was obvious I would nt stop either if I was a CO...

Dont worry we did have a city PD try and stop a Green/White for speeding. The green and white did stop, turned on his lights and got out asking whats up. When the officer told him he was speeding. The deputy did not even talk anyfurther...he just got in his car while shaking his head and drove off.....No repricussions... They are in EVERY DEPARTMENT...

12-16-2009, 12:41 AM

GOOD AND FACTUAL POST ! Now for a request to any of you FHP Officers out there. When you all get a break in your harassing law enforcement officers in their police package equiped vehicles with their highly trained driving practices, could you please get back to your mission and start citing some of these "residents" who do not register their cars in Florida. That my FHP friends would be a revenue positive venture and not piss off the very people who may someday safe your ass. Stay Safe Everyone.

12-16-2009, 12:58 AM
GOOD AND FACTUAL POST ! Now for a request to any of you FHP Officers out there. When you all get a break in your harassing law enforcement officers in their police package equiped vehicles with their highly trained driving practices, could you please get back to your mission and start citing some of these "residents" who do not register their cars in Florida. That my FHP friends would be a revenue positive venture and not piss off the very people who may someday safe your ass. Stay Safe Everyone.

So the statement "Stay Safe Everyone." is that the same kind of statement as "I'm not trying to be a **** but,...blah, blah, blah."?

12-16-2009, 02:59 AM
Yep, you're right; that's EXACTLY what that means!

12-16-2009, 03:21 AM
Now for a request to any of you FHP Officers out there. When you all get a break in your harassing law enforcement officers in their police package equiped vehicles with their highly trained driving practices, could you please get back to your mission and start citing some of these "residents" who do not register their cars in Florida. That my FHP friends would be a revenue positive venture and not piss off the very people who may someday safe your ass.
You mean like the man I stopped with and interviewed for vending without a permit on a state road in Miami-Dade County a few months ago? The same guy who had an FOP decal on his Michigan license plate on his pickup truck? The same truck registered to his wife, who is currently a Detective with Fort Lauderdale Police Department, and they're both living in Broward County and their kid is in school? You mean like that? F*ck you for trying to tell me how to do my job, Poteet. Imagine the flack that would have been spread if I stroked him (OR his wife for that matter) for a second degree misdemeanor violation (yeah I was a hypocrite and gave him a warning where I would have written anyone else a citation), but you wanna tell me how I should be doing my job out here. Crawl back to whatever city or county forum you came from "brother law enforcement officer" before I kick your sorry blue shirt or green shirt wearin' ass back from whence you came!

12-16-2009, 04:19 AM
Calm down everyone. This is getting ugly once and again. Let's stop the agency bashing. If you can't say something positive about another agency, then stay off of their board.

12-16-2009, 04:20 AM
"once again" sorry - I hit submit instead of preview.

12-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Now for a request to any of you FHP Officers out there. When you all get a break in your harassing law enforcement officers in their police package equiped vehicles with their highly trained driving practices, could you please get back to your mission and start citing some of these "residents" who do not register their cars in Florida. That my FHP friends would be a revenue positive venture and not piss off the very people who may someday safe your ass.
You mean like the man I stopped with and interviewed for vending without a permit on a state road in Miami-Dade County a few months ago? The same guy who had an FOP decal on his Michigan license plate on his pickup truck? The same truck registered to his wife, who is currently a Detective with Fort Lauderdale Police Department, and they're both living in Broward County and their kid is in school? You mean like that? F*ck you for trying to tell me how to do my job, Poteet. Imagine the flack that would have been spread if I stroked him (OR his wife for that matter) for a second degree misdemeanor violation (yeah I was a hypocrite and gave him a warning where I would have written anyone else a citation), but you wanna tell me how I should be doing my job out here. Crawl back to whatever city or county forum you came from "brother law enforcement officer" before I kick your sorry blue shirt or green shirt wearin' ass back from whence you came!
OK, you stumbled onto yet another LE family member. What about the thousands of others out there Mr. Highwayman(boy) ?? Big a$$ kicking talk- very professional, metermaid.

12-17-2009, 12:20 AM
OK, you stumbled onto yet another LE family member. What about the thousands of others out there Mr. Highwayman(boy) ?? Big a$$ kicking talk- very professional, metermaid.
It's ALWAYS big a$$ kicking talk, Fla poo-poo, until you're sitting behind the wheel and I'm standing outside your driver's door, ain't it? :mrgreen:

12-17-2009, 02:15 AM
It's ALWAYS big a$$ kicking talk, Fla poo-poo, until you're sitting behind the wheel and I'm standing outside your driver's door, ain't it? :mrgreen:

Do your job as you see fit. I bet if you wrote an off-duty trooper he wouldn't be on your thread bashing you.