PDA

View Full Version : uniform and gun in court

12-08-2009, 03:14 AM
We are waiting for Dennis to come arrest the judge for messing with his girlfriend. She shows up for court friday, stamps her a court card, goes to her personal hearing in uniform with gun and doesn't see a problem with it. She's later asked by the Lt to lock her gun up at which time she gets mad, takes the gun out and places it on the bench. She's then told again that she needs to lock the gun up. It makes such a scene that the judge resets the hearing for a later date. Does the good ole boy system still live or not?

12-08-2009, 04:07 AM
In uniform? Isn't that copasetic?

12-08-2009, 07:04 AM
We are waiting for Dennis to come arrest the judge for messing with his girlfriend. She shows up for court friday, stamps her a court card, goes to her personal hearing in uniform with gun and doesn't see a problem with it. She's later asked by the Lt to lock her gun up at which time she gets mad, takes the gun out and places it on the bench. She's then told again that she needs to lock the gun up. It makes such a scene that the judge resets the hearing for a later date. Does the good ole boy system still live or not?

So when you say bench do you mean a wooden seat bench or "the bench" as in court? Not trying to be a smart azz...just curious. At one time there was policy that if you were going to court for a personal matter you did it unarmed and if I'm not mistaken, not in uniform. That order came out not long after a police officer shot several during his own divorce hearing.

12-08-2009, 05:45 PM
My bad, I missed the part where it said "personal hearing". So was she on duty at the time? Could explain it. If she couldn't get the day off. Had to go in uniform. I wouldn't take my gun off either. Maybe in hindsight she shoulda brought a change of clothes, but she probably didn't know they we're gonna ask her to remove her weapon.

12-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Or you could all mind your own business and let the Lt that was there deal with it accordingly. Whats the matter? Pretty lady deputy won't give you the time of day so you come on here and drag her through the mud?

12-09-2009, 02:34 AM
Or you could all mind your own business and let the Lt that was there deal with it accordingly. Whats the matter? Pretty lady deputy won't give you the time of day so you come on here and drag her through the mud?
Oh please give me the name of just one pretty lady deputy

12-09-2009, 06:00 PM
What was your personal case? Civil or criminal?

12-09-2009, 06:33 PM
That has been the policy at the courthouse for the last 25 years, you come in to the courthouse for a personal hearing in uniform, you give up your gun until the hearing is over.

12-09-2009, 09:54 PM
I seem to recall a judge once sending a deputy home to change since he was in court on a personal situation that had nothing to do with him being a deputy and he was not on duty at the time. Does anyone else remember this? I think it was a DV type situation.

12-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Whats the matter? Pretty lady deputy won't give you the time of day so you come on here and drag her through the mud?

Pretty Lady Deputy? Are we talking about the same person? Really DDG? REALLY?

12-10-2009, 11:36 PM
May not be "pretty" but does have a smokin' HOT body! :devil:

12-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Ouch.....but she still has a smoking HOT BODY! :devil:

12-29-2009, 03:06 AM
Having worked at the judicial center for years, I am appalled by the comment from "court security." It goes to show the lack of integrity of someone that is put in the position to work with a fellow officer. It also confirms my suspicions that most "court security" personnel can't handle a daily beat so they take a cushy job so they can sit, eat, and talk with their fellow court security officers. I had one (probably the poster of "court securty) run a red light in front of me at the judicial center, so he could get to his "cushy" job. Also as a point of reference a judge does not cancel a hearing just because of disruption in the courtroom. My guess is he/she were not even seated on the "bench", or maybe in his/her chamber. If the officer was so "disruptive" the judge (if seated) could have been held in contempt. As one poster commented, someone needs to mind their own business, and be professional.

12-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Having worked at the judicial center for years, I am appalled by the comment from "court security." It goes to show the lack of integrity of someone that is put in the position to work with a fellow officer. It also confirms my suspicions that most "court security" personnel can't handle a daily beat so they take a cushy job so they can sit, eat, and talk with their fellow court security officers. I had one (probably the poster of "court securty) run a red light in front of me at the judicial center, so he could get to his "cushy" job. Also as a point of reference a judge does not cancel a hearing just because of disruption in the courtroom. My guess is he/she were not even seated on the "bench", or maybe in his/her chamber. If the officer was so "disruptive" the judge (if seated) could have been held in contempt. As one poster commented, someone needs to mind their own business, and be professional.

You are an IDIOT and completely missed the point. You do NOT show up in court on your personal matters in uniform and armed. Duh!