PDA

View Full Version : Sundays Newspaper Article against New Chief

12-06-2009, 05:18 PM
El círculo de Expósito
By DANIEL SHOER ROTH
No conduce un Lexus de último modelo, pero el nuevo jefe de la Policía de Miami, Miguel Expósito, ya está generando más preguntas de las que se esperaban.

Lo digo porque parece haber un curioso denominador común entre los altos oficiales que degradó esta semana. En el pasado, algunos estuvieron investigando acciones de personas cercanas a la nueva administración.

Eso no es todo. Entre los oficiales que fueron ascendidos el viernes también parece haber otro curioso denominador común. A todos los une una amistad de antaño con Expósito, y algunos inclusive tienen excelentes conexiones en el Ayuntamiento de la Ciudad.

Esto es preocupante porque en Miami existe la tradición de que todo cambia y realmente nada cambia.

``El tipo de ascensos que se hicieron fueron un poco inusuales: promover a individuos de sargentos a mayores y a comandantes'', me comentó Louis Vega, jefe de detectives bajo la administración de Timoney.

``Eliminar a todo el equipo de comando al mismo tiempo es un riesgo, porque estas personas no tienen la experiencia en esos cargos, aunque tengan el potencial''.

Por su parte, Expósito me dijo que como jefe, tiene ``la potestad de nombrar a personas de confianza y remover a las personas que no tienen mi misma filosofía''.

``La moral estaba por el piso y era necesario sacudir el departamento para levantar el ánimo de los oficiales'', explicó.

Uno de los oficiales que se retiró al verse amenazado con la degradación, es el mayor George Cadavid, director de la Sección de Administración de Personal. Cadavid fue el respetado detective de homicidios que en 1990 resolvió el caso frío del asesinato del primer policía negro de la ciudad, John Milledge, en 1946.

Pocos días después de descifrar el viejo acertijo, Cadavid se encontraba de compras con su esposa e hijo en Cutler Ridge Mall. De pronto, en el estacionamiento, escuchó un tiroteo y vio a un hombre con un rifle --que había causado pánico entre los compradores-- disparándole a un policía. Cadavid regresó a su auto sigilosamente, buscó su arma y mató al sospechoso, adelantándose a otros policías que venían a su caza.

Cadavid es un policía de mano dura cuando se trata de corrupción entre sus colegas. Estando al mando del Departamento de Asuntos Internos, en el 2006, dirigió la investigación de Francisco Pichel, un sargento de armas cercano a los comisionados que fue acusado de vender esteroides. Como parte del acuerdo con las autoridades, Pichel, que es uña y carne con Expósito, tuvo que rendir su certificado de policía de la Florida.

Otros oficiales degradados como José Alfonso, Ronald Papier y Mike Pérez, también estuvieron en Asuntos Internos e investigaron a aliados de Expósito como Raúl Cairo, quien eventualmente tuvo que salir de la fuerza, y al sargento Juan Casiano, que posiblemente sea asignado a la unidad de inteligencia.

Mientras tanto, varios ascensos de rango levantan sospechas. Por ejemplo, Luis Cabrera, hombre de confianza de Expósito, quien tomó tiempo de sus vacaciones para servir de chofer a Regalado en la campaña, fue catapultado de teniente a subjefe del departamento.

Carlos Avila, un veterano detective de homicidios que fue vicepresidente de la Orden Fraterna de la Policía (FOP) que respaldó a Regalado, fue nombrado asistente ejecutivo de Expósito. Y Richard Blom, un policía retirado que reintegraron a la fuerza policial como asistente del nuevo jefe pese a la crisis presupuestaria, almorzaba frecuentemente con Expósito y el ex comisionado Angel González en I am Latin American, en Allapattah.

``Todos los empleados de la Ciudad, con muy pocas excepciones, apoyaron a Regalado. Para mí es casi imposible nombrar a alguien que no estuvo a favor de Regalado'', sostuvo Expósito, quien ha prometido mantener una línea dura contra la corrupción.

Mariano Cruz, que acaba de retirarse de la Junta de Servicio Civil de la Ciudad para postularse a la comisión por el Distrito 1, reconoce que los cambios, ``se ven como un pase de factura''. No obstante, ``no es nada distinto a lo que pasó en tiempos atrás con otros jefes de policía'', recordó.

La única diferencia es que este gobierno prometió diferenciarse de los anteriores. En lo que respecta a la policía, comenzó con el pie izquierdo.

12-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Jefe Expo. . . . "He took the Phd's and replaced them with the GED's". How did that change morale? By LOWERING it even further. Mierda.

12-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Jefe Expo. . . . "He took the Phd's and replaced them with the GED's". How did that change morale? By LOWERING it even further. Mierda.

Well said Tony.

12-06-2009, 10:12 PM
English anyone...............

12-06-2009, 10:27 PM
??? ???? ??? ??? ?? ?????? ????? ????? ??? ??? ?????? ??? :devil:

12-06-2009, 10:40 PM
It drives a late model Lexus, but the new police chief in Miami, Miguel Expósito, is already generating more questions than expected.

I say curious because it seems to be a common denominator among the high officials who downgraded this week. In the past, some actions were investigating people close to the new administration.

That's not all. Among the officers who were promoted on Friday also appears to be another interesting common denominator. All unites old friendship with Exposito, and some even have excellent connections in the City Council.

This is worrying because there is a tradition in Miami that everything changes and nothing really changes.

`` The type of promotion that did were a little unusual: promoting older individuals sergeants and commanders,''I said Louis Vega, chief of detectives under the administration of Timoney.

`` Delete the entire command team at the same time is risky because these people have no experience in such positions, but have potential.''

For its part, Exposito told me that as chief, has `` the power to appoint people you trust and remove people who do not have my own philosophy.''

`` Morale was on the floor and shake the department needed to raise the morale of officers,''he said.

One of the officers retired to be threatened with degradation, is the largest George Cadavid, director of the Division of Personnel Management. Cadavid was respected homicide detective who in 1990 solved the cold case murder of the first black policeman in the city, John Milledge, in 1946.

Within days of deciphering the old riddle, Cadavid was shopping with his wife and son in Cutler Ridge Mall Suddenly, in the parking lot, he heard gunfire and saw a man with a rifle - which had caused panic among Buyers - shooting a policeman. Cadavid quietly returned to his car, reached for his gun and killed the suspect, ahead of other policemen who came to his game.

Cadavid is a heavy-handed police when it comes to corruption among his colleagues. Being in command of the Department of Internal Affairs in 2006, led the investigation of Francisco Pichel, a sergeant of arms near the commissioners who was accused of selling steroids. As part of the agreement with the authorities, Pichel, who is hand in glove with Exposito, had to surrender his police certificate from Florida.

Other officers demoted Jose Alfonso, Ronald Papier and Mike Perez, were also investigated in Internal Affairs and allies of Cairo Raul Exposito, who eventually had to leave the force, and Sergeant John Cassian, who may be assigned to the unit intelligence.

Meanwhile, several promotions in rank raise suspicions. For example, Luis Cabrera, a confidant of Exposito, who took vacation time to serve as chauffeur to Regalado in the campaign, was catapulted from lieutenant to deputy chief of the department.

Carlos Avila, a veteran homicide detective who was vice president of the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) which backed Regalado, was appointed executive assistant Expósito. And Richard Blom, a retired police officer who reintegrated into the police force as an assistant to new boss despite the budget crisis, frequently lunched with Exposito and former commissioner Angel Gonzalez I am Latin American, in Allapattah.

`` All City employees, with very few exceptions, supported Regalado. For me it is almost impossible to name someone who was not pro-Regalado,''he said Exposito, who has pledged to maintain a hard line against corruption.

Mariano Cruz, who just retired from the Board of City Civil Service to run for commission District 1, recognizes that changes are seen as a `` pass''bill. However, `` there is nothing different to what happened in times past with other police chiefs,''he recalled.

The only difference is that this government promised to differ from previous ones. Regarding the police, began with the left foot.

12-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Everyone one of this fine gentlemen could have stayed serving this great city. However, the site of having to work again was to much to bare. Please stop be littling yourselves by crying to the media. Enjoy retirement it's a wonderful thing, unless u have a crazy wife at home.

12-07-2009, 01:11 AM
SOunds like politics as usual, only this time you cant go to the FOP because they are now staff politicians. WOW

12-07-2009, 01:39 AM
SO NOW THAT THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN BYT THE WAY WHAT PAPER WAS IT ON. AND YOU THOUGH JT AND FF (THE BK) AS YOU ALL CALLED HIM WERE BAD, WELL TIME TO OPEN MINDS AND HEARTS AND STICK TOGETHER :P

12-07-2009, 01:47 AM
I AM STILL WAITING FOR YOU MODERADOR TO DELETE THIS TOPIC THAT WAS CREATED IN SPANISH LIKE YOU DO WITH MY TOPICS OR ARE YOU A BIAS EMPLOYEE, ABUSSING YOUR POWERS IN THIS FORUM, GO AHEAD AND DO YOUR JOB AND IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE FAIR ALL ACROSS THE BOARD, DO IT WITH EVERY ONE OF US. YOU SHOULD LOOSE YOUR PRIVILIGES OF BEING A MODERADOR JUST FOR BEING UNFAIR AND NEGLECTING YOUR DUTIES.

12-07-2009, 03:45 AM
Cadavid doesn't your son work at MPD and he is a bad 35 who had 34 at Flanagins and cops had to bail him out . Wow, I hope he behaves better under exposito's watch. Geoerge your a snake in the grass and now a coward for leaving with your tail between your legs when exposito told you that your getting demoted. The training accidental shooting was your fault and Adam Burden who were in command of training. By the way tell your ***** Rudy Llanes and Orosa that they need to stop spreading lies that the only person who demoted a high ranking black chief was John Timoney when he demoted Deputy Chief Cheatom and placed Burden a rookie liutenant. Why didn't Vernell Reynolds ***** then. The ones crying now are not the blacks it's the cubans that got demoted like Llanes and Alfonso who are crying like babys.

12-07-2009, 06:03 AM
Cadavid doesn't your son work at MPD and he is a bad 35 who had 34 at Flanagins and cops had to bail him out . Wow, I hope he behaves better under exposito's watch. Geoerge your a snake in the grass and now a coward for leaving with your tail between your legs when exposito told you that your getting demoted. The training accidental shooting was your fault and Adam Burden who were in command of training. By the way tell your ***** Rudy Llanes and Orosa that they need to stop spreading lies that the only person who demoted a high ranking black chief was John Timoney when he demoted Deputy Chief Cheatom and placed Burden a rookie liutenant. Why didn't Vernell Reynolds ***** then. The ones crying now are not the blacks it's the cubans that got demoted like Llanes and Alfonso who are crying like babys.

Seems like you need to visit a dr and should not be trusted with a gun. Dude, get ahold of yourself. Your morale should be much higher and you should have sugar plumbs dancing in your head with all the wonderful changes the new chief brought about. Relax, Chill. Retire if need be. Hey, ya might even want to cut back on the steroids from the dude on the second floor at city hall (ask him for a blue pill or two so you can release some of that anger ya got bottled up). :cop:

12-07-2009, 10:00 AM
SOunds like politics as usual, only this time you cant go to the FOP because they are now staff politicians. WOW

Worth repeating.

12-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Most of us are parents. I don't know about you, but I put the wellbeing of my child above all else. Even animals risk their lives to protect their young.

I can't have much respect for someone like Cadavid, who is more concerned about GETTING REVENGE than the welfare of his kid. You have to be some kind of lowlife to leave your kid fending for himself and then attack the very people whom your son will be at the mercy of.

I've known Exposito for many years, he is a family man and unlike his predecesor, he does not target people. Cadavid should realize that he was not the only one demoted and that nothing is going to bring him back. Heck, if you are going to use the argument, that like ALFONSO, one of the most hated and cruel individuals when dealing with the troops, you were wrongfully demoted, you are seriously in trouble and begs to ask the question;

"How much of the other so-called facts In the article are true?
I
think that the correct action that you should have taken if you thought you were wronged was to do what Exposito did when he was demoted, take it to court, not air the dirty laundry publicly. That's what decent people do.

George, just enjoy your retirement. Although, I guess we won't be seeing you in the gym anymore after this attack. After all only someone of low self esteem and morals would show his face in the headquarters for an organization he just trashed.

I really had a different impression of you, but I guess you just don't know people.

12-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Wow! I can't believe the quote from Luis "the Chef" Vega, saying that promoting a sergeant to a commander or major's position are very unusual. I guess he was referring to the promotion of Joe Seiglie. Let's remember that Joe Seiglie died number one on the lieutenant's list although there was a vacancy at the time. The previous administration did not promote him because of his relation with Exposito. Those of you who know Joe know that he is one of the hardest working guys out there. After 30 years, the guy is still on the street jacking up bad guys. Exposito picked the perfect guy to head the new RID squad. He is well-respected and definitely a motivator.

Listen Vega, let me jog your memory a bit. When Timoney became the chief, he brought you here, eventhough you had been forced to retire from NYPD for cooking the books. Along with you, Timoney appointed John Galagher, whose claim to fame was having been Timoney's driver. Galagher never achieved any rank whatsoever above a police officer. I guess the promotion of Seiglie is unusual in that he actually has been a street cop, he is a motivator, and he has been a supervisor; as opposed to Galagher or even Don Warshaw who was a police officer by rank and became chief of police and city manager.

12-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Those of you who know Joe Seiglie know that he is one of the hardest working guys out there.... well-respected and definitely a motivator.

Boy i agree with that statement 100%

12-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Chief Esposito, you better get used to articles like this. Because the one thing that has not changed in MPD in many years is the constant leaks to the media. The most famous person behind these types of leaks has been, is, and always will be Angel Calzadilla. Stay tune for I'm sure he is working on providing the media with more info for them to prepare negative articles about you. By the way, Alfredo Alvarez? What were you thinking? This guys is an abortion, and useless.

12-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Al vega I agree with you they should not have made him a commander, they should have made him Deputy Chief.

12-08-2009, 02:39 AM
Chief Esposito, you better get used to articles like this. Because the one thing that has not changed in MPD in many years is the constant leaks to the media. The most famous person behind these types of leaks has been, is, and always will be Angel Calzadilla. Stay tune for I'm sure he is working on providing the media with more info for them to prepare negative articles about you. By the way, Alfredo Alvarez? What were you thinking? This guys is an abortion, and useless.
THIS IS REALLY A SOAP OPERA OR MADE FOR TV MOVIE, WHAT A UNIQUE DEPARTMENT AND IT'S CHARACTERS NO SCRIPT IS NEEDED. :idea:

12-08-2009, 05:16 AM
You guys might have some credibility if you spent less time on LEO Affairs, and more time doing police work.

12-08-2009, 09:33 PM
You guys might have some credibility if you spent less time on LEO Affairs, and more time doing police work.

What business is it of yours where we spend our time?

12-09-2009, 12:20 AM

Listen butt plug, what we do OFF DUTY is OUR business. As to credibility, your on here too fart breath.

12-09-2009, 12:29 AM
Say what youlike about the new chief and administration, but we are way. Better off than we were a month ago. So you newly demoted lieutenants need to give it up, we the troops, aren't listening to the attacks.

10-26-2011, 02:42 PM
This phorum is terrific. There’s often all the appropriate info at the suggestions of my fingers. Thank you and maintain up the superior work!

10-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Thank God, Johnny Martinez got rid of Mike Exposito, MPD is much calmer and everyone seems more relaxed. This is a characteristic of Manny Orosa, he is a cool guy who wont hurt COPS he is a people person.

10-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Thank God, Johnny Martinez got rid of Mike Exposito, MPD is much calmer and everyone seems more relaxed. This is a characteristic of Manny Orosa, he is a cool guy who wont hurt COPS he is a people person.

Yes he is a "people person". His people, the rest of us? NADA If you want to talk characteristics of Manny? With the "twitch" at full speed, his is lucky he doesn't break his neck. It was going at warp speed at the expo hearing.

10-28-2011, 02:29 AM
i just finished reading all the posted infor, and I have to say that a lot of you are very misinformed. First of all the one who stated that EXPO and Sigely were such great guys are completely full of it. EXPO will go do as the worst COP ever, he is full of revenge and he's a coward. Look at all the demotions he did, great for moral and the one's who left because of his revenge, Cannon, probably one of the best ever at MPD, Guzman, well liked and respected, Llanes very competent guy well liked and screwed over by the HIPPO and Blom, Burhmaster,transferred because he worked for Warshaw and HIPPO was demoted under Warshaw, then the HIPPO gets his job back because of Angel Gongalez the corrupt Commissioner, wow that's interesting. Cadavid, very well liked and respected guy. Well Blom and MUPPETT hired at School Board by Darling and then the try to screw over him so Blom can be the chief, Blom was involved in HIPPO 's demotion also for trying to screw over Warshaw with Ralph Suarez, Julian Garcia. Can you tell me what he's ever done????? Wait do I see a pattern here? Could you name anything he ever did? Did he ever work the street? Where in Little Havana, wow what a dangerous place. Joe out jacking up bad guys with what a stool. You all need to get your facts sraight.

11-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Good morning, there is no doubt that the HIPPO and FAT AL are doing everything they can to return to MPD they are carrying out a guerrilla war against Manny. They are desperately recruiting police officers to assist them because their staff buddies have turned their backs on them. THE FAT BOYS ARE CURRENTLY LOBBYING POLITICAL HACK MEN WHO THINK THEY ARE LOBBIES BUT THERE IS NO ENERGY THERE ANYMORE. WHAT SO GREAT IS TO SEE THE FAT BOYS DREAMING OF A GLORIOUS RETURN AND THEY STILL DONT REALIZE THAT THEIR DAYS IN POLICE UNIFORMS ARE OVER.

HIPPO, YOU ARE NOW A CIVILIAN, WHOSE SKIRT ARE YOU GOING TO USE TO HIDE NOW. LMAO AT HOW MESSED UP YOU ARE.

12-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Wow!