PDA

View Full Version : Retired Homicide Detective in court for theft case in Ohio

12-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Retired MPD Vet Bill O'Connor goes to court in Ohio...read the comments below the article... they don't like him up there...
http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/78553447.html

12-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Retired MPD Vet Bill O'Connor goes to court in Ohio...read the comments below the article... they don't like him up there...

He wasn't like down here either,what goes around comes around. :devil: :devil: :devil:

12-05-2009, 04:36 PM
your link doesn't work, even copying it. But google his name, shoplifting ohio, and one link has a mugging picture. Looks good for being a laborer in Ohio's DOT. Face is as red as a tomato. what happened in court? His sister is a lawyer, maybe he got the "family rate"?

12-06-2009, 05:07 AM

Billy was going to court Dec 4th which was Friday, any word if he is in a county jail?

12-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Crime lab detective appears in court; deputies he investigated attend hearing
By Beacon Journal staff

POSTED: 05:18 p.m. EST, Dec 04, 2009

Two Summit County sheriff's deputies charged in the death of an inmate sat in the front row today to watch a state investigator appear in court for a theft charge.

William O'Connor, an investigator with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation, has pleaded not guilty to a petty theft charge in Stow Municipal Court.

His case was continued until Dec. 23.

Deputies Stephen Kren**** and Mark Mayer, both of whom were indicted and later exonerated in the 2006 death of inmate Mark D. McCullaugh Jr., watched O'Connor's pretrial hearing.

It was O'Connor's work that got the deputies and three others charged. The deputies in court declined comment.

O'Connor is on leave from his job. He was arrested last month on charges that he shoplifted nicotine patches and dog food from a Giant Eagle supermarket in Stow.

12-07-2009, 11:32 PM
I guess we will all have to wait for December 23rd to see what happens ? I don't suppose this will be a memorable Christmas for O'Connor :?: I wish him luck, he will need it, with that not guilty plea :roll:

12-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Amen to that, hope all goes well for O' Connor ?

12-09-2009, 09:58 PM
OMG ! I remember him ! Shame, what was he thinking ?

12-11-2009, 05:36 AM
OMG ! I remember him ! Shame, what was he thinking ?

it's more like, what was he drinking.

12-15-2009, 04:54 AM
Here is the original story, his photo and all http://www.ohio.com/news/69798692.html

12-16-2009, 06:53 PM
pleaded guilty, $100 fine. says he has PTSD from police work.

12-18-2009, 03:35 AM
Yes we saw O Conners stress disorder excuse for shop lifting on the other blog :roll:

12-18-2009, 03:55 AM
STRESS, YOU MUST BE JOKING. OCONNER RIDES A DESK & A LAP TOP UP THERE AND INVESTIGATES COPS ! :roll: READ BELOW ......

Crime investigator pleads to shoplifting
By Beacon Journal staff

POSTED: 03:38 p.m. EST, Dec 15, 2009

A state crime lab investigator has been fined $100 for shoplifting dog food and nicotine patches from a Stow grocery store.

William O'Connor, an investigator with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation, entered a guilty plea today in Stow Municipal Court. He was sentenced by Magistrate John Clark.

O'Connor, 55, is currently on paid leave. His attorney, George Keith, declined to comment today.

As part of his sentence, O'Connor was to continue counseling for what he described as post-traumatic stress disorder brought on by his police work.

He was the lead investigator in the prosecution of five Summit County deputies charged in the 2006 death of a jail inmate. He was also investigating former Cuyahoga County Sheriff Gerald McFaul at the time of his arrest.

O'Connor was arrested Nov. 6 as he was leaving the Giant Eagle supermarket on Norton Road. A police report indicates he attempted to exit the store with a bag of Iams dog food worth $11.99 and Nicoderm CQ nicotine patches valued at $47.99.

12-18-2009, 04:35 AM
STRESS, YOU MUST BE JOKING. OCONNER RIDES A DESK & A LAP TOP UP THERE AND INVESTIGATES COPS ! :roll: READ BELOW ......

Crime investigator pleads to shoplifting
By Beacon Journal staff

POSTED: 03:38 p.m. EST, Dec 15, 2009

A state crime lab investigator has been fined $100 for shoplifting dog food and nicotine patches from a Stow grocery store.

William O'Connor, an investigator with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation, entered a guilty plea today in Stow Municipal Court. He was sentenced by Magistrate John Clark.

O'Connor, 55, is currently on paid leave. His attorney, George Keith, declined to comment today.

As part of his sentence, O'Connor was to continue counseling for what he described as post-traumatic stress disorder brought on by his police work.

He was the lead investigator in the prosecution of five Summit County deputies charged in the 2006 death of a jail inmate. He was also investigating former Cuyahoga County Sheriff Gerald McFaul at the time of his arrest.

O'Connor was arrested Nov. 6 as he was leaving the Giant Eagle supermarket on Norton Road. A police report indicates he attempted to exit the store with a bag of Iams dog food worth $11.99 and Nicoderm CQ nicotine patches valued at $47.99.

Their are two sides of the coin in this story. O'Connor worked homicide during the 600+ a year homicide "festival" in the years right after Mariel. The other side of the coin, no other homicide veteran of that era, has been known to get busted for shoplifting.

12-19-2009, 09:27 PM
And your point is ????????????? What was that suppose to mean, that he worked the Marelitto thing, and no one else got arrested for shoplifting,whats that suppose to mean,explain !

12-20-2009, 04:21 AM
And your point is ????????????? What was that suppose to mean, that he worked the Marelitto thing, and no one else got arrested for shoplifting,whats that suppose to mean,explain !

You need it explained? OK, pay attention. Bill claims he has PTSD from police work. Got that? He was in Homicide during the highest homicide rate in the city's history. Got that part? And no one else working during that time period in homicide, has been know to be busted for shoplifting. Now do you need it it in another language? DUH!

12-25-2009, 10:30 PM
OH OK SO THATS THE EXCUSE EH ? THE MARIEL BOAT LIFT WAS MANY YEARS AGO,(EARLY EIGHTIES)SO WHAT ? OK SMARTIE PANTS WHATS THAT GOT TO DO WITH WORKING UP IN RURAL OHIO TODAY,DECADES AFTER MIAMI,AND MARIEL ? i'M STRESSED OUT TODAY,FROM POLICE WORK,SO i GUESS I' LL GO TO THE MALL AND SHOPLIFT ? DUH ! YOU MUST BE HIS BUDDY OR SOMETHING :devil:

12-26-2009, 02:40 AM
OH OK SO THATS THE EXCUSE EH ? THE MARIEL BOAT LIFT WAS MANY YEARS AGO,(EARLY EIGHTIES)SO WHAT ? OK SMARTIE PANTS WHATS THAT GOT TO DO WITH WORKING UP IN RURAL OHIO TODAY,DECADES AFTER MIAMI,AND MARIEL ? i'M STRESSED OUT TODAY,FROM POLICE WORK,SO i GUESS I' LL GO TO THE MALL AND SHOPLIFT ? DUH ! YOU MUST BE HIS BUDDY OR SOMETHING :devil:

Whatever floats your boat kid. I guess you have a degree in head shrinking right? I do not. You have any questions, contact o'connor. And did you notice the statement no other detectives from that era have been busted for shop lifting? He must have torn you a new one huh?

12-31-2009, 12:09 AM
Well, did Ohio fire his ares yet?