PDA

View Full Version : Softball team in Hernando

12-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Hey Guys, I am a Deputy from Pasco County but I live here in Hernando County. I have played for the Hernando County Softball league for the past year, but recently my team split up. I am managing a new team and am looking for a few more players. Ideally, I would like to have 12-14 players. Right now I have 7 people that consist of a few other deputies from Pasco County. The league is played at the Veteran's Memorial Park on Spring Hill Drive and also the Anderson Snow soccer complex. The games rotate between Monday through Friday, and could be played at 1900, 2010, or 2115 hours. There are usually 14 games in a season and every team is guaranteed a playoff spot, which is a minimum of two more games. Most weeks we will play two games but some weeks we are only scheduled for one game. The new season starts January 11, 2010. The league fee for a new team is $569.00 dollars. Were in the process of looking for a new sponsor, so if anyone knows of a business that would want to sponsor that would be great. Basically if we don’t find a sponsor, each player will divide that fee. Depending on how many more players I find will determine how much each player would have to pay. It's an all men league that consists of an upper and lower division. Each league has about 15 teams. Being a new team we would most likely be placed in the lower division because of the lack of experience.

If anyone is interested in playing, you can either post an ad on here or reach me at rjcorbino@tampabay.rr.com