PDA

View Full Version : Captain Succi Laptop Update Please!!!

12-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Captain, can you adivse if we are still on track for a December 7th roll out with the new Dells????

12-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Captain, can you adivse if we are still on track for a December 7th roll out with the new Dells????

Are you kidding? When ever has FHP kept on track with anything?

12-02-2009, 05:24 PM

Are you kidding? When ever has FHP kept on track with anything?

Nothing. FHP is late with everything they promise.

12-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Wow, must be nice to have all this time to whine and cry about how bad the Patrol is. Please submit your witty reply now, I can't wait to read it.

12-03-2009, 03:44 AM
Wow, must be nice to have all this time to whine and cry about how bad the Patrol is. Please submit your witty reply now, I can't wait to read it.

Is it not the truth Charger boy? Go drink some more kool aid!

12-03-2009, 05:20 AM
New lightbar check

New gun check

New cars....chargers check

Kids on reduced lunches at school check

How about a pay raise!

12-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Fisher Price is working hard to get the new software installed and working properly so all the Lt's and Captain's will be able to understand how to use the new computers, you will also have your choice of lime green, hot pink or mustard yellow for the computers case color.

Fisher Price is proud to be providing the Florida Highway Patrol with our most current computers designed so that any 4 year old can understand how use them.

12-03-2009, 01:59 PM
I hear they're also making them bulletproof in case we accidentally shoot them with the new Glock 37s.....

12-03-2009, 03:35 PM

Is it not the truth Charger boy? Go drink some more kool aid!

Awesome reply, you didn't disappoint!!!

Captain Succi
12-03-2009, 06:00 PM

Read your FHP email, i just put out an update and a video.

(2 - 0 - 28)

12-04-2009, 02:49 PM
I watched the videos and I have to say that the new computer systems look great. The video was a great idea and the Lieutenant did a fine job making it.

12-05-2009, 02:00 PM
What's up with SMARTCOP disconnecting all the time? Does anybody else have this issue? I am driving around patrolling and doing nothing with the laptop, I go to run a tag, and it says "I am no longer connected". I have to close the whole program or when I reconnect it, I no longer have the Mappoint program. I got disconnected 9 times yesterday and had to reboot. Remember when we first got computers and had to reboot the aircard all the time? Just as bad.

BTW, it was not doing this before the last "update" we were forced to install. Look at all the "wonderful" features we can't take advantage of because our computer won't stay connected.

Captain Succi
12-05-2009, 03:07 PM
What's up with SMARTCOP disconnecting all the time? Does anybody else have this issue? I am driving around patrolling and doing nothing with the laptop, I go to run a tag, and it says "I am no longer connected". I have to close the whole program or when I reconnect it, I no longer have the Mappoint program. I got disconnected 9 times yesterday and had to reboot. Remember when we first got computers and had to reboot the aircard all the time? Just as bad.

BTW, it was not doing this before the last "update" we were forced to install. Look at all the "wonderful" features we can't take advantage of because our computer won't stay connected.

Go to File. Configure, Hardware Settings and under the Keep Alive Enable, change the 180 to 60 and that will fix it.

12-06-2009, 03:49 PM
great video! equipment looks great, looking forward to trying everything out