PDA

View Full Version : ARREST

11-30-2009, 12:35 AM
Good Job Miami Gardens for arresting an officers mother from NMBPD for a 1 suspension on her license. I would think with all the crap that goes on over there you guys would have more to do than to bother and arrest an old lady for DWLS with 1 suspension and then have her son, the PO from NMBPD come pick her up. Good job on keeping the blue line, obviously you do not care about it. But, you know what they say, what goes around comes around. Good Job!!! :(

12-03-2009, 06:17 AM
Just wanted to say on behalf of the MGPD we do apologize for the idiot that made that arrest; I am not sure what the circumstances were on scene, but I personally would not issued the citation/PTA. Understand the majority of us (99%) here at the MGPD bleed blue and the other disgruntled (1%) will be weeded out eventually. We (MGPD) hold true to the "thin blue line" brother! That officer's decision is not a reflection of our entire department.

For the most part, all the Miami-Dade County agencies have encouraged us on from start up and up to this point; we thank you for the motivation and support thus far. Remember one officer's action/decision is not a reflection of an entire department and its officers; we must not let one officer's decision ruin a brotherhood.

Be safe brothers and sisters (Thin Blue Line for life!!!) :cop:

Respectfully MGPD

12-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Good Job Miami Gardens for arresting an officers mother from NMBPD for a 1 suspension on her license. I would think with all the crap that goes on over there you guys would have more to do than to bother and arrest an old lady for DWLS with 1 suspension and then have her son, the PO from NMBPD come pick her up. Good job on keeping the blue line, obviously you do not care about it. But, you know what they say, what goes around comes around. Good Job!!! :(

When did this happen and who was the officer?

12-23-2009, 07:03 PM
The officer's name is Pato Pascual and it happened half past the monkey's azszszs.

12-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Why was the driver's license suspended? Was she driving with knowledge or without knowledge? Did the MGPD Officer made a physical arrest or gave her a PTA? Anyways, just because she is the mother of a LEO that doesn't mean she has special privelage to drive with her license suspended. She suspose to set the example. Besides, who considers NMBPD a real deparment? Half of their force is useless. :devil:

12-26-2009, 11:31 PM
You call yourself "Another thin blue line brother"??? Please. Your ignorance and arrogance toward our brothers in NMB is sickening. Im ashamed to work among someone with such a sinister attitude toward other cops. In the future maybe you should re-direct your criticisim toward the criminals, not cops and their families.

On the behalf of MGPD, im sorry for this poster's comments. He/she is either a rookie or not a cop at all.

Why was the driver's license suspended? Was she driving with knowledge or without knowledge? Did the MGPD Officer made a physical arrest or gave her a PTA? Anyways, just because she is the mother of a LEO that doesn't mean she has special privelage to drive with her license suspended. She suspose to set the example. Besides, who considers NMBPD a real deparment? Half of their force is useless. :devil:

12-27-2009, 04:47 PM
What is it with you fellow officers? The law is the law. If someone breaks the law, we are there to enforce it. No ifs and or buts and about it. If that Miami Gardens Police Officer cited the lady for driving with a suspended license, then he or she did the right thing. Just because someone's close relative has broken the law, that doesn't give them any better treatment than Joe's mom being stopped for taking a red light.

12-28-2009, 08:20 AM
The law is the law is the law? So you must be a saint, right? You never roll a stop sign or speed? I doubt it. Dont tell me you wouldnt appreciate a courtesy from another officer to let you or your mother off the hook if the situation were reversed?

There is a reason we look out for one another. And that's because nobody else will. We have discretion for a reason. Sometimes the "law is the law" isn't always the answer.

There is no good reason to create animosity between another agency over a simple traffic violation. Had the officer who made this stop simply told the woman, who apparently had a clean record, to correct the problem and make a phone call to her son, that would have likely corrected the problem without creating the animosity that now exists.

In the end it does more harm than good when we hammer other cops and their family for petty, victimless traffic violations. Its not worth it. We need to have camaraderie and a good working relationship so that we can work effectively together. This silly traffic ticket only makes that task more difficult.

That being said, I can't tell you how many times I have let Joe or Jane citizen off the hook for a suspended DL. I use common sense and good judgment. Hammering people isn't always the most effective way for us to do our jobs. In fact, its often counter productive, as in this situation.

What is it with you fellow officers? The law is the law. If someone breaks the law, we are there to enforce it. No ifs and or buts and about it. If that Miami Gardens Police Officer cited the lady for driving with a suspended license, then he or she did the right thing. Just because someone's close relative has broken the law, that doesn't give them any better treatment than Joe's mom being stopped for taking a red light.

12-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Ok, this is what really happened. The Officer's mother was stopped for her window tint being to dark, which was her son's vehicle (NMBPD Officer). The Officer was an A-Hole off the bat making this lady cry, threatening to take her to jail for one suspension, YES 1 SUSPENSION. She had a suspension for failure to pay, which she thought she payed, but never at any point did she admit to having knowledge that her license was suspended. This lady has never been in any trouble EVER and her son his a fellow Officer like yourselves...knowing this, the Officer continued to threaten to take her to jail and made her call her son to the scene. Her son (NMBPD OFFICER) arrived and met with the Officer. The Officer asked him to explain the A FORM to his mother, since she spoke very little english. Can you imagine driving to where your mother is pulled over, seeing her crying and explaining an A FORM to your mother for one suspension, especially a no- knowledge suspension, from which I remember is NOT arrestable. Come on, give me a f--king break!!!! Some of you say the law is the law no matter what! right? Well i know damn well that if it was your Chief's wife you got stopped for illegal tint and one suspension without knowledge, not only would you let her go, but you would tell her to have a nice day! If you sit here and say that you would cite her or 39 her then your a f--king liar.... if you feel your not a liar then please post your name so that we can all know what an ASS-H$LE YOU ARE!!! This is not directed to all of MGPD, you all do a great job. This is directed to Officer Vanderhayden who made the great arrest. Keep the Blue Line alive..God Bless all of you.

12-31-2009, 12:00 AM
WOW!

WTF?!?!?!?!?
I would have been so pissed! How many fuccking mopes have ""WE"" let go??? HOW MANY?
TONS!

i can't believe this guy didn't use any discretion whatsoever....
especially for a viejita with DWLS w/o knowledge....

i respect MGPD and NMBPD...and every brother that wears the shield... but this kinds shiit makes me sick! Please...someone needs to speak with that dude....or his career is gonna be very short.

Stay safe my brothers....Thin Blue Line 100%
(((i hope she takes that ticket/pta to court....& get a new DL.....it will get dropped)))

12-31-2009, 03:19 AM
I agree. We dont need to be writting up eachother for petty nonsense such as this. It serves NO good at the end of the day.

Someone on this officer's squad needs to talk to him and let him know how wrong he was.

12-31-2009, 09:40 PM
Listen here NMBPD. You do NOT COME to our board talking crap about our officers. For that, just stay on your own board. We do not want you to come to our board and discredit a fellow officer for doing his JOB. Come think about it, if this was the outcome he minus well should have made her a 39. Our Officer already cut her break. He wanted to use his discretion and inform her of what could happen... What wrong showing her the arrest form. I bet she is not going to do it again, though. Anyways, please NMBPD, if you are riding dirty, please don't come through our jurisdiction.! Please!

01-01-2010, 01:22 AM
This so called cop needs his ass kicked. If he did that shit to my mother, I would put my foot up his ass. Shit, if I was on the scene and saw him treating another cop's mother like that and making her cry, I would still put my foot up his ass. Don't worry, it's a small world and what goes around, comes around. Watch your back you P.O.S. and I hope you get yours soon. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

01-01-2010, 10:21 PM
day after day, night after night all we hear are bolo's from miami gardens. so while the good p.o.'s from the gardens are out looking for the savages doing the 29's this coward is stopping old ladies and threatening them with arrest and transport for something that isnt even arrestable. so before any more idiots get on here and say he was doing his job why dont you take a few minutes to read the brown book before you make the same stupid mistake yourself. obviously he's a stat whore who likes to go running to his sgt with an a-form the way he ran to his teacher back in second grade with an apple. suckin that ace will get you know where my friend. obviously you like to tie yourself up on traffic stops with old ladies to avoid getting a hot call because you have no sack. or is it because your afraid to stop a car with real subjects in it? either way your a sack-less moron. like the guy up top said i know all the gardens guys are not like you so please stop trying to shame your entire agency. better yet go back to whatever 10 man traffic oriented agency you came from because obviously you cant handle miami gardens. and take the other idiots that supported you on this thread with you. :evil:

01-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Let me explain how this works super cop... I know you may be a little shell shocked, comming over from your little podunk small town agency from nowheresville USA to work in this fast paced city. So I can understand why you feel you can only handle little old ladys on traffic stops instead of dealing with real criminals thus ridding any element of danger from your daily routine. So you were going about your business that day stopping the usual suspects (soccer moms and bible students) and you happen accross this nefarious traffic violator. You comment on the window tints and she explains to you the vehicle belongs to her son, an NMBPD officer. You run her DL and discover a single suspension, of which she had no knowledge. Even though this woman gave birth to a fellow brother in blue, you decided you were not going to use your descretion on this violation, oh well, we have all met d!ckheads like you and are not surprised. What is supprising however is how dumb you are... Unfortunately for you, in this state DWLS w/out knowledge is a non-criminal traffic violation. But it does'nt stop there...no.. then you have the audacity to call the officer over to pick up the car and explain to his mother why she was getting arrested??? The only thing he needed to explain to her was how mongo tards like you slip through the cracks and become police officers. To add insult to ingnorance, you cite his mother for the window tints knowing he was the registered owner of the car...
My point to you sir is this, you are a spineless sh!t stain on the dirty underwear of law enforcement. You are a coward who would rather mess with a police officers family than deal with the real scumbags who plague our society. Actions such as yours tarnish the reputation of law enforcement officers eveywhere. I suggest you keep your little fairy-ass west of the golden glades for the remainder of your career because we all know who you are.

01-03-2010, 06:04 PM
What is it? No arrest was made or anything. Why is it that other agency keeps egging on the situation.? MGPD has no beef with anyone. So a traffic stop was made with a suspended drivers license. It was called to dispatch and they have records. Something has to be done to justify why she was relieved without taking any law enforcement measures. If that was my scene, I would have not covered for another person ignorance of driving with a suspended DL. I am not going to loose my job over ignorance. Sorry. You should be glad that the Officer let her called the son.

01-03-2010, 07:57 PM
OFC...Vanderhayden, FROM YOUR'S TRULY COUNTY WIDE MOTORS... I STOP ALOT OF OFF DUTY OFFICERS FROM EVERY AGENCY AND GIVE THEM A BREAK THAT'S WHAT OFFICER DO, BUT SINCE IT SEEMS U GUYS IN MIAMI GARDENS DONT DO THE SAME ..PLZ DO NOT SPEED OUTSIDE UR JURISTDICTION BECAUSE MY LASER WILL BE ON..! PRESS HARD AND PLEASE REFUSE TO SIGNED MY TICKET.... :devil:

01-04-2010, 07:58 PM
This is for LAW is LAW... Are you blind or just stupid? There was law enforcement action taken you jackass...Why do you think people are posting on this thread? You are missing the whole point here..it doesnt matter that the dispatcher was informed, it's called discretion.... Ever heard of it? Obviously not! You must work for a deparment where the dispatcher runs your shift and tells YOU how to do your job. Quit being a spineless jelly fish and MAN THE F@ck UP!

Mod 592
01-05-2010, 06:24 AM
Complain and bicker all you want. Naming names on here and using profanity will not be tolerated from ANY agency. Anyone who violates the rules will be warned and posts will be deleted.

01-10-2010, 01:19 AM
Wow, even though I don't agree with name printing and or the cussing, I do agree with most of the posts that speak about discretion and watching our own. You are right, no one will watch over us but us. And this includes over our family members. This lady didn't kill anyone, assault anyone, rape anyone, rob anyone or beat anyone. She drove with a license suspended. There WOULD HAVE BEEN NOTHING WRONG WITH EDUCATING HER AND HAVING HER SON COME AND PICK HER UP SO SHE WOULDN'T GET INTO AN ACCIDENT IF SHE HAD DRIVEN OFF.

Being an officer doesn't mean that we have to ARREST , CITE, TOW all of the time. There are many of us that use DISCRETION because later on when we are trying to get information on the street about a homicide or any other violent crime involving the citizens or officers,, people will talk to us when they remembered we are human. There is nothing against the law by doing this. You can be an officer that makes 100 arrests a month on B.S. such as open container , driving while license suspended or other minor things and you could be missing the robbery one street over or the burglary in progress. To this officer that knew that this lady was a mother of an officer, if you did threaten to arrest her and continued to do so knowing that she was the mother of an officer and she didn't do anything to you or wasn't nasty, then you need to look at yourself and decide if Law Enforcement is the career for you. Something tells me that you might be the type of person that won't ever learn and you will probably do it again.

01-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Wow law is law, ur nothing but a retard. Since when are dwls with no knowledge is an arrestable offense? Even if you ran it with ur dispatcher and it came back suspended,who said you have to make an arrest. Go back to MANGO town where you came from and keep arresting old people. CHUPATRANKAS!

01-16-2010, 07:29 PM
"I AM THE LAW!"

03-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Ok, enough is enough !!!! Guys, give Miami Gardens a rest. We all know that the action of the brain dead officer was a resualt of someone who is not a real cop. However, the Department as a whole is awesome. The officer, who ever he/she is will never be able to live their actions down from within their own peer group. In time, justice will be done from within the officer's own peer group and department. It really is a gift to that department in it's early stages, as it indicates they may have a potential problem. Chief, this type of conduct, while it does not violate any department directions, does indicate a lack of good decision making. Now to the officer a little education : If a person is driving with one suspension on the DL, it does not justify an arrest unless the driver knows the DL is suspended. The Statue states that if , "with knowledge", then arrest can be done. However an A-Form is not requirred an a citation is all you need to do . Just check the block on the citation and press on. If you completed an A-Form on a one time suspension you need help ! Dade County has drivers with 20-30 suspentions on the DL. It's like fishing in a well stocked pond out here . LEAVE THE POLICE ALONE ! BOB SEIDMAN #0146

03-07-2010, 11:41 AM
I and my fellow officers would love to know when the trial for this case is comming up, please advise.

03-08-2010, 03:37 AM
Why is a citation even necessary? In MA I would hve given her a ride home and told her to take care of it. You FL guys write way to many tckets to each other. Aren't there any real crimes down there?

03-13-2010, 12:52 AM
BOB SEIDMAN #0146.......NOTED...BOLO .....COUNTY MOTOR IS OUT ON THE LOOK OUT..FOR MGPD CARS COMMING OR GOING TO WORK..... :devil: IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTILLLLLL " THAT CLOWN IN BROWN" WITH THE SHINNY BOOTS JUMPS INFRONT OF YOU AND 19'S U.... :cop:

FOR THE REST OF YOU MGPD GUYS STAY SAFE...I KNOW A FEW OF YOU'LL THAT ARE VERY GOOD COPS..

03-14-2010, 03:53 AM
Stumbled across this thread and couldn't believe what I read. You guys have a 43 working there, but then again from what I've read, you'll know that. Time for a roll call blanket party. That guy/gal just doesn't get.

Mod 592
03-16-2010, 06:00 AM
OK guys/gals. Once again, do not post any names in this forum or I will delete it.

04-08-2010, 09:32 PM
I also hear that you guys like to 39 other po's for dui. Wow that was low.

04-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Why is everyone complaining about MGPD 39 people? Why would you even want to enter this crappy city? If your a PO you should know this city is crap. You should tell your family and friends to avoid this area, it's just to dangerous. As far as that one incident with a family member being 39, you could confront that individual PO. I agree that was wrong!However, that incident was taken care of.

04-09-2010, 06:47 PM
What about the other incident where they 39'd a county po for dui. Remember garden cops your city is in our county and you have to drive out of it sometime.

04-12-2010, 01:23 AM
No reply? I guess it's true... I'll tell you guys one thing what goes around comes around. Just ask the old timers at the city of Miami when they went to battle with fhp and won. There is more of us county guys 2500 plus than the couple hundred of you rejects from other departments or some cold ass one horse town out in Colorado.

07-16-2010, 07:52 PM
No reply? I guess it's true... I'll tell you guys one thing what goes around comes around. Just ask the old timers at the city of Miami when they went to battle with fhp and won. There is more of us county guys 2500 plus than the couple hundred of you rejects from other departments or some cold ass one horse town out in Colorado.

Ha Ha Ha@rejects.....I laugh at your comment as I look at my big pay check! out of you "2500 plus" only like 2 of you care. Good luck with that paycut they're trying to give you guys.

07-19-2010, 03:18 AM

Such professionalism, you must be proud of yourself. Who are you calling rejects? Did you do the background investigation on all of Miami PD officers?

07-19-2010, 03:19 AM

Such professionalism, you must be proud of yourself. Who are you calling rejects? Did you do the background investigation on all of Miami PD officers?
Oops ment to say Miami Garden police officers.

07-19-2010, 09:42 PM

Ha Ha Ha@rejects.....I laugh at your comment as I look at my big pay check! out of you "2500 plus" only like 2 of you care. Good luck with that paycut they're trying to give you guys.

All these cats wanna say "look at my pay check" yadda yadda..so stupid. It must be nice to work in a freakin' jungle where most cops don't know their head from their ass. You got a handful of cops that ACTUALLY know how to do police work...the rest of them couldn't catch a cold...you go home and tell your wife and kids you're a cop? I hope not! We are the laughing stock of Dade county..no pride in yourself..only your paycheck..

07-23-2010, 03:26 PM
The officer that was DUIed was a fired county correction officer. He was given every chance possible but he continued to act like a fool. You guys are amazing with these negative posts! Also if the DWLS was an isolated incident and this should not even go this far. But I will say the Sgt would have never signed off if the arrest wasn’t good. And if her son didn’t think is was a good arrest he should have requested a Sgt or Capt and showed proof that it was wrong in the Florida State Statue. I would have!

Last I checked south Florida period is a death trap! So why does the county hate MGPD so much? Why make war with your brothers and sisters. Everything a person do won’t be perfect. So I guess in your world two wrongs make a right. Practice what you preach!

I deal with a lot of cops and the only negativity I hear is from county cops. Everyone else says great job! But believe me MGPD aren’t the only ones who see the attitude the county have toward other agencies. This is why I won’t live in your crazy county!

Even though I wish it was there is no thin blue line here!

09-26-2010, 04:45 AM
Why is everyone complaining about MGPD 39 people? Why would you even want to enter this crappy city? If your a PO you should know this city is crap. You should tell your family and friends to avoid this area, it's just to dangerous. As far as that one incident with a family member being 39, you could confront that individual PO. I agree that was wrong!However, that incident was taken care of.

I can tell you do not know the history of the city you work in by calling it crap! Most of the residents who live in Miami Gardens have been here since the 60's when it was a lovely place too live. It was the boonies of the days. Most of the Dolphin players in the 80's lived just west of 57th Ave, and all minority wealth was housed in Miami Gardens. In the early 80's, most of the cops lived out in Miami Gardens because it was a safe area to live and raise your kids. Just like every community if you ignore it, and allow the low life's to enter, it will become run down. MDPD neglected the area for years and soon became a safe haven for all the dopers and felony criminals. Instead of calling the area crap, take some time to educate yourself with your surroundings and the people who live there. If you do this you will find that the criminal element is a small percentage to the real problems going on. I work in the City of Miami that is 34 sq miles with 500,000 people crammed into it. I can be a super cop and stroke 100 tickets a day if I felt like it, but what purpose would that serve? Every 1 out of 4 persons I make contact with on a 19 is DWSL or NVDL. Can I arrest them? Sure could! I choose to use my discretion for the criminal element. Why punish the person making 400 dollars every 2 weeks who now has 400 dollars in tickets (PC tix & DWLS),plus court time and a multiple days lost at work to deal with the BS arrest. Regardless if it's a PO's mother, once you begin down the stat road making unlawful arrest and writing bogus tickets, you will find yourself in a very sticky situation before your career is over.

09-26-2010, 07:30 PM
The county has no idea. You have some good cops but for the most part, you guys don't have a clue. You better check yourself before you wreck yourself. Brotherhood, what brotherhood. Florida $%$&. You need to go North if you want to see what a brotherhood is.

09-28-2010, 07:20 PM

I can tell you do not know the history of the city you work in by calling it crap! Most of the residents who live in Miami Gardens have been here since the 60's when it was a lovely place too live. It was the boonies of the days. Most of the Dolphin players in the 80's lived just west of 57th Ave, and all minority wealth was housed in Miami Gardens. In the early 80's, most of the cops lived out in Miami Gardens because it was a safe area to live and raise your kids. Just like every community if you ignore it, and allow the low life's to enter, it will become run down. MDPD neglected the area for years and soon became a safe haven for all the dopers and felony criminals. Instead of calling the area crap, take some time to educate yourself with your surroundings and the people who live there. If you do this you will find that the criminal element is a small percentage to the real problems going on. I work in the City of Miami that is 34 sq miles with 500,000 people crammed into it. I can be a super cop and stroke 100 tickets a day if I felt like it, but what purpose would that serve? Every 1 out of 4 persons I make contact with on a 19 is DWSL or NVDL. Can I arrest them? Sure could! I choose to use my discretion for the criminal element. Why punish the person making 400 dollars every 2 weeks who now has 400 dollars in tickets (PC tix & DWLS),plus court time and a multiple days lost at work to deal with the BS arrest. Regardless if it's a PO's mother, once you begin down the stat road making unlawful arrest and writing bogus tickets, you will find yourself in a very sticky situation before your career is over.

Right on the money...

09-29-2010, 06:54 AM
I wish more cops understood what you said, but they don't..a lot of guys would stroke their OWN mother, because they have this belief that the law is the law and it's black & white. If you know anything about this job, that's its a shade of grey. If we don't protect our own, who will? The citizens? They can care less. I see some of these officers talk to these mopes in the street like they're BFF's..I'm sorry, if you're getting your ass kicked in the street, those same guys will keep it moving and won't help you...believe that. I'm all for treating people the way I want to be treated, but BLUE comes first...

11-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Wow, even though I don't agree with name printing and or the cussing, I do agree with most of the posts that speak about discretion and watching our own. You are right, no one will watch over us but us. And this includes over our family members. This lady didn't kill anyone, assault anyone, rape anyone, rob anyone or beat anyone. She drove with a license suspended. There WOULD HAVE BEEN NOTHING WRONG WITH EDUCATING HER AND HAVING HER SON COME AND PICK HER UP SO SHE WOULDN'T GET INTO AN ACCIDENT IF SHE HAD DRIVEN OFF.

Being an officer doesn't mean that we have to ARREST , CITE, TOW all of the time. There are many of us that use DISCRETION because later on when we are trying to get information on the street about a homicide or any other violent crime involving the citizens or officers,, people will talk to us when they remembered we are human. There is nothing against the law by doing this. You can be an officer that makes 100 arrests a month on B.S. such as open container , driving while license suspended or other minor things and you could be missing the robbery one street over or the burglary in progress. To this officer that knew that this lady was a mother of an officer, if you did threaten to arrest her and continued to do so knowing that she was the mother of an officer and she didn't do anything to you or wasn't nasty, then you need to look at yourself and decide if Law Enforcement is the career for you. Something tells me that you might be the type of person that won't ever learn and you will probably do it again.

This is so sad when a department of officers are out there only taking names and only taking people to jail. Ruining people lives. this so sad. Bad business.................