View Full Version : IMPASSE HEARING AT CITY COUNCIL WED DEC 2nd AT 1330 HRS

TampaPBA
11-24-2009, 06:00 PM
The date has been set and your attendance is CRITICAL. Here's the information:

Event: Impasse Hearing in front of City Council
Day: Wednesday
Date: December 2nd, 2009
Time: 1330 hours (1:30 p.m.)

Please tell as many people as you can and remember that your Step Plan is on the line! This is our last chance, as City Council WILL hand down a binding decision.

For more information, please access the Tampa PBA website at http://www.tampapba.org regularly and join our mailing list.

Remember, THIS IS IT! If you're not working that day (or can take off and not show up in uniform), YOU NEED TO BE THERE. Our attendance will weigh heavily on their decision.

11-25-2009, 04:30 AM
Lets remember this is a public form and lets not make commets that could be taken out of context. Just make sure that everyone that can be there should be there. It is a Cycle A day off so there should be several hundred people there.

11-25-2009, 05:20 AM
Everyone get together on this one...new officers and old officers this is huge...Everyone show up!!! If we are together on this we will win.

11-25-2009, 07:17 AM
Since when is their decision binding? There's always the option to appeal to PERC and ultimately, to sue.

11-25-2009, 08:00 AM
DELETED BY SYSOP
This is not a cop. Propaganda!!!

11-25-2009, 08:01 AM
DELETED BY SYSOP
Not a cop. Propaganda. Show up at city council!!!!

11-25-2009, 10:57 PM
[DELETED BY SYSOP, UNFORTUNATELY, BECAUSE IT REFERENCED OTHER MATERIAL THAT WAS DELETED DUE TO A VIOLATION OF TERMS OF USE.] Frankly I wont be shocked if they pay "Pro-LieOrio" people to be in the room also, Dems learned alot about packing out rooms during the health care debate and never forget shes a Dem.

11-26-2009, 09:41 AM
EVERYBODY NEEDS TO BE THERE!

ALL OF CYCLE A BECUASE THEY ARE OFF!

CYCLE B DAY/EVENING/MIDS SHIFT, SHOULD TAKE SOME LEAVE TIME AND BE THERE!

IF YOU HAVE COURT AROUND 1330 HOURS, USE SOME OF THAT 3 HOURS THAT YOU GET, AND BE THERE!

HAVE I SAID IT ENOUGH TIMES?

BE THERE! LETS SHOW THE CITY THAT WE ARE UNITED IN THIS WAR! :twisted:

11-26-2009, 12:47 PM
BE THERE! LETS SHOW THE CITY THAT WE ARE UNITED IN THIS WAR!

War? How many people showed up for the 1st meeting......Just a handful of supports. You need an army to fight a war, we have a bunch of weak officers that wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire!! Sad

11-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Heard from a very reliable source that Iorio is pushing Jim Davis hard to run for Mayor when she leaves. I guess she wants to control City Hall for another term......

11-26-2009, 03:55 PM
BE THERE! LETS SHOW THE CITY THAT WE ARE UNITED IN THIS WAR!

War? How many people showed up for the 1st meeting......Just a handful of supports. You need an army to fight a war, we have a bunch of weak officers that wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire!! Sad

The PBA should put directions to City Hall up on their web site. Only about thirty of us were able to find it the last time we needed to be there.

11-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Monday, November 23, 2009
Dear Fellow Tampa Police Officer and PBA Member:
It has been quite a week. In just a few short days, the City of Tampa issued a letter to three widows of our fallen Tampa Police Officers limiting them to the NPOS Insurance plan, but offering them a better insurance plan for $337.00 monthly. When we learned of this unconscionable act, a letter was sent to the Tampa Tribune to let them know about it. After a few short hours on TBO and over fifty negative comments directed at the City later, Mayor Iorio released a response. “Tampa, Fla. (November 20, 2009) – The first I heard of this was a posting on TBO. This issue has never been discussed with me by any staff member. Regardless of what a staff person from the City has said or communicated to the widows of fallen officers, I can assure you that there will be no cut whatsoever in the health benefits paid to widows of our fallen officers. I would never agree to a change in any benefits being paid to widows or survivors of our fallen officers.” We take the Mayor at her word, but we believe she should seek out the high level staff person or persons responsible for this insensitive act and deal with them accordingly.
If that wasn’t enough, we learned quite by accident during the November 19th City Council Session that The City, through City Attorney Chip Fletcher, represented to City Council that the PBA had received a copy of the procedure to have the Impasse Hearing. He did not tell Council that the PBA nor its attorney was NEVER notified of the matter put to City Council. And so, without objection, the City Council accepted the City’s proposal for an Impasse Hearing to be held on Wednesday, December 2nd at 1:30 PM. (See our attorney’s letter to Chairman Scott about this issue.)
We will be ready for the hearing on December 2nd. Your attendance is vital. Be the better person and let your professionalism show.

November 19,2009
The Honorable Thomas Scott
Chairman, Tampa City Council
315 East Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602
Dear Mr. Scott and Council;
Please be advised that today I received word that the City Council had set the Impasse
Hearing between the Police Benevolent Association and the City of Tampa for
December 2,2009. First, we received absolutely no notice, call or any form of
communication attempting to coordinate the date with my schedule as the noticed
attorney or any other member of the bargaining unit. Second, at 5:36 p.m. last night,
after the close of business, a facsimile came to the PBA office with a memorandum for a
recommended procedure for the Impasse hearing. We were never notified that this
procedure would be discussed in front of Council the following morning or given any
opportunity to have input prior to Council's vote.
I understand that Mr. Chip Fletcher, City Attorney, represented to you that we had
received a copy of the procedure but failed to mention that he had only faxed it at 5:36
the night before and had not notified us that the matter would be put before you today.
It is fundamentally unfair and in violation of the Code of Professional conduct to
schedule hearings, discuss procedural matters, and represent that attorneys have, in
fact, received items when they have had no meaningful opportunity to review them nor
be aware of any hearings to appear and object.
The scheduled time for filing objections to the Special Magistrate's hearing has not yet
passed. The parties have twenty calendar days to do so, the deadline being November
24,2009. We plan to file our objections next week. We are unaware if the City plans to
file objections. We have not been provided with their objections if they have done so
already.

WE ALL NEED TO BE THERE!!!!!

11-27-2009, 11:32 AM
WE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PBA, WHEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG, BUT THEY CAN NOT DO IT ALL. IT IS UP TO THE MEMBERS TO RALLY.

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL.

BE THERE!

Sysop
11-30-2009, 02:40 AM
Greetings,

I found it necessary to delete some content from postings under this topic because the users were intentionally trying to sabotage a large turnout from Tampa police officers at the Impasse Hearing. Our research showed that they were falsely representing themselves as police officers and threatening to do things that none of Tampa's finest ever would. It's not unusual to have people attempt to stop a movement such as this (a large turnout of Tampa police officers at the Impasse Hearing) in a last ditch effort to redirect the focus of the topic. The integrity of this topic has been restored.

In case anyone has a problem with my decision to delete this content, I've copied the following excerpt from our Terms of Use which gives us the right to:

"This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively. Messages (anonymous or not) accusing anyone (including political candidates) of wrong doing (and/or criminal accusations) without substantial proof or reference are subject to deletion. Use your REAL name unless the need for an Anonymous Message is warranted. Messages not requiring Anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous Messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified Messages are. Failure to comply can result in Message deletion and/or access blockage."

If any of the affected posters feels that they have been denied, simply re-post the information using your Real Name and it will probably be allowed to stand.

Thanks for your support,

System Operator
sysop@leoaffairs.com

TampaPBA
11-30-2009, 10:46 PM
The PBA should put directions to City Hall up on their web site. Only about thirty of us were able to find it the last time we needed to be there.

OK, I have implemented your suggestion on the PBA website. It now has a link with the Address, a Map and a Photo to help everyone get there. Here's a link:

http://www.tampapba.org/home/old_city_hall_directions/

Remember, you're going to Old City Hall (not the new one on Franklin Street...they're side-by-side and Old City Hall has the big clock at the top).

12-01-2009, 07:20 AM
THIS AFFECTS ALL OF US, BE THERE!