PDA

View Full Version : IS OPA-LOCKA A GOOD PD?

11-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Good Morning,

I couldn't find a message board for the Opa-Locka PD. I moved to Dade recently and am trying to figure out which depts to stay away from. Can someone please tell me the word on Opa-Locka and if it is a good police dept.

I don't know anything about Dade County but I want to work here. I don't wanna work for Miami or Miami-Dade only because i prefer to work for a smaller dept.

Any information about which smaller dept is best and who to stay away from would be great. Thanks!

11-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Just put your applications in with every "small" department. I'm certain you will be hired by them all. Then just pick the one with the prettiest patrol cars and uniforms that match your eyes. This should all be completed by sometime next week if you hurry. What color is the sky in your world?

11-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Good smaller departments that do not have as much of the micro managing that most smaller departments have are Coral Gables, Miami Beach and that is pretty much it. Those are the only two that I stick out in my head, the rest are all the same. Opa Locka is not one of them for sure.

12-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Good Morning,

I couldn't find a message board for the Opa-Locka PD. I moved to Dade recently and am trying to figure out which depts to stay away from. Can someone please tell me the word on Opa-Locka and if it is a good police dept.

I don't know anything about Dade County but I want to work here. I don't wanna work for Miami or Miami-Dade only because i prefer to work for a smaller dept.

Any information about which smaller dept is best and who to stay away from would be great. Thanks!

In other words, you don't want to get involved, just show up and get paid. Thanks for not wanting the county or the city.

01-25-2010, 06:26 AM
Good Morning,

OPA LOCKA IS THE GREATEST POLICE DEPARTMENT IN THE WORLD!!!

04-29-2010, 12:40 PM
I started with Opa-Locka 20 years ago and have since moved on and now retired.
If you want to get good experience Opa-Locka is the place to be. It's small enough and busy to get your feet wet.

05-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Opa-Locka is more like sitting in the splash zone. One week there and you'll learn more than a "pretty" city department could teach you in 2 years. Most of the time they're just happy you show up for work. ($17.00hr)

05-06-2010, 06:48 PM
RIGHT NOW ANY DEPARTMENT IS A GOOD DEPARTMENT..............IF YOU CAN GO ANYWHERE TAKE IT....

07-02-2010, 12:42 PM
i agree a job is a job

Unregistered
06-14-2019, 06:24 PM
AAVE: "I ast Ruf could she bring it ovah to Tom crib