PDA

View Full Version : Keys Cops for Kids

11-17-2009, 04:37 PM
On November 15, 2009 the first Keys Cops for Kids Charity Golf Tournament was held at the Key West Golf Course. The weather was beautiful and spirits were high. This tournament was held to help raise money for Toyz for Keyz Kidz. The tournament raised just over $5000.00

On November 18, 2009 Sheriff Bob Peryam was presented a check in the amount of $5000.00. This money will stay in Monroe County to help benefit the kids of Monroe County.

There were no winners for our $25,000 hole in one shot.

The $1,000,000,000 shot came down to a putt off to see who would shoot for the million. The four who putted were Capt. Don Hiller, Lt. Gene Thompson, Danny Curry and Karen Carter. Karen out putted the boys and took the shot for a million dollars. Unfortunately Karen’s shot went off to the right.

Individual awards were as follows:

Longest Drives went to: Mike Trujillo and Terry Frasik
Longest Putts went to: Mike Puto and David Matea
Closest to the pin went to: Capt. Don Hiller and Denny Curry
Closest 2nd shot went to: Lt. Gene Thompson, Chris Gratton and David Mattea

Team awards were as follows:

1st Place went to: Feltman, Matea, Niles and Fecchio
2nd Place went to: Curry, Clark, Muessel and Rice
3rd Place went to: Frasik, Parsons, Urbanik and Urbanik

Our highest cooperative sponsor went to Hal Schuhmacher. Our highest individual donation came from Captain Penny Phelps.

After the awards thousands of dollars of raffle items were handed out.

I would personally like to thank Stan Haines from Collectors Corner, the golfers, volunteers and all our sponsors. A special thanks for the officers who made this all possible, Sgt. Dennis Coleman, Det. Deb Ryan, Dep. Scott Ward, Dep. Jon Riggs and Evan Calhoun. The feedback from this tournament has been all positive and I’m sure you can all look forward to another tournament in 2010.

Don't forget our Bowlathon on December 12th from noon - 3:00 p.m. $25.00 and 1 unwrapped gift will get unlimited bowling. This event is also to benefit the kids of Monroe County.

11-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Great job, good to see some positive starting to take place down there.

11-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Great job guys. I was one of the golfers and I had a great time. I look forward to next years tournament. I thank eveyone for there professionalism. I was also informed the officers who put this tournament on have never run a golf tournament. If that is the case, it didn't show. Once again a super job to all who were involved.

12-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Dennis,
You've always been great and it's no wonder people have wonderful things to say about this latest event... I miss some of you guys in the Keys...
Valli Finney
(vallimfinney@yahoo.com)

08-22-2011, 12:46 PM
On October 8, 2011 Keys Cops for Kids will be having a huge fund raiser to benefit Kreative Kids Daycare. Do you have used items at home but just not enough to have your own yard sale? If so, come with a friend and rent one of our $20.00 tables. If you are a vendor and are selling new items, space will be $50.00 (you can bring your own tent and table if you would like) E-mail me if you are interested, space is limited so don't hesitate. If you have any items you want to donate, let me know and I'll see if I can get them picked up. All proceeds from the tables/space rentals will go to benefit the kids at Kreative Kids Daycare.