PDA

View Full Version : Former MPD Homicide Investigator Arrested in Ohio

11-14-2009, 09:30 PM
A prominent state crime lab investigator has been placed on leave amid accusations that he stole nicotine patches and dog food from a Stow grocery store.

William O'Connor, an investigator with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation, pleaded not guilty to the petty theft charge Tuesday in Stow Municipal Court.

He is free on a $500 personal bond and due back in court Dec. 4. The misdemeanor charge carries a maximum six-month jail term.

O'Connor did not return a phone message left at his Hudson home Wednesday. His defense attorney, George Keith, declined comment.

O'Connor, the lead investigator in the prosecution of five Summit County deputies charged in the 2006 death of a jail inmate, was arrested Friday night as he was leaving the Giant Eagle supermarket on Norton Road.

A police report indicates he attempted to exit the store with a bag of Iams dog food worth $11.99 and Nicoderm CQ nicotine patches valued at $47.99.

Police said O'Connor had gone through a checkout line and paid for two Macy's gift cards, but he did not pay for the dog food and patches.

Holly Hollingsworth, a spokeswoman for the Ohio attorney general's office, which oversees BCII, said O'Connor informed his supervisor of the arrest on Monday.

Under the terms of his union's contract, O'Connor was placed on paid leave pending an internal investigation.

After his arrest, O'Connor was booked and photographed by Stow police. During questioning with officers, he said he worked for the Ohio Department of Transportation as a laborer, according to the department's arrest report.

He gave a Richfield accountant's phone number as his work number.

It was O'Connor's investigation that led to criminal indictments against five deputies in the death of inmate Mark D. McCullaugh Jr. of Akron.

One deputy was acquitted, and charges were eventually dropped against the others. The county last week agreed to pay McCullaugh's family more than $860,000 to settle their wrongful-death lawsuit.

The FBI and the U.S. attorney general's office continue to investigate the death for possible civil-rights violations.

O'Connor's latest assignment is heading an ongoing investigation into possible misdealings by former Cuyahoga County Sheriff Gerald McFaul, who resigned earlier this year.

Phil Trexler can be reached at 330-996-3717 or ptrexler@thebeaconjournal.com.

11-16-2009, 05:13 AM
Remember, everyone is innocent until proven guilty ! :cop:
O'Connor was a good cop while he was with the MPD, sometimes people make mistakes ?

11-16-2009, 06:02 AM
Bill has had a problem with the bottle. His wife divorced him for the same. Hope it's a big mistake. But giving false info on arrest, doesn't bode well does it.

11-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Cops & booze go together (Look at Timoney, he's Irish also like Bill O'Connor) so what's booze got to do with this :?: Myself and other cops are always 35ing in the Grove :cop:

11-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Cops & booze go together (Look at Timoney, he's Irish also like Bill O'Connor) so what's booze got to do with this :?: Myself and other cops are always 35ing in the Grove :cop:

So your saying ALL cops are alcoholics? Maybe in Ireland according to your theory, but not here my man.

11-16-2009, 03:54 PM

So your saying ALL cops are alcoholics? Maybe in Ireland according to your theory, but not here my man.
MOST COPS, FEDS DRINK AND SMOKE SO DON;T SINGLE JOHN OUT, AS A FORMER FED I CAN CONTRIBUTE HERE, AND EVEN AIRLINE PILOTS DRINK SO CHILL MAN AND SEE YOU IN THE GROVE WHERE A WEB CAM NEAR YOU HAHAHAHAHA

11-16-2009, 04:00 PM
[quote="O'Leary":2nf8v83t]Cops & booze go together (Look at Timoney, he's Irish also like Bill O'Connor) so what's booze got to do with this :?: Myself and other cops are always 35ing in the Grove :cop:

MOST COPS, FEDS DRINK AND SMOKE SO DON;T SINGLE JOHN OUT, AS A FORMER FED I CAN CONTRIBUTE HERE, AND EVEN AIRLINE PILOTS DRINK SO CHILL MAN AND SEE YOU IN THE GROVE WHERE A WEB CAM NEAR YOU HAHAHAHAHA[/quote:2nf8v83t]

Thanks for contributing federale, but no one give a sh$t what you say. Go away.

11-16-2009, 04:45 PM
[quote="O'Leary":13xfu5wk]Cops & booze go together (Look at Timoney, he's Irish also like Bill O'Connor) so what's booze got to do with this :?: Myself and other cops are always 35ing in the Grove :cop:

MOST COPS, FEDS DRINK AND SMOKE SO DON;T SINGLE JOHN OUT, AS A FORMER FED I CAN CONTRIBUTE HERE, AND EVEN AIRLINE PILOTS DRINK SO CHILL MAN AND SEE YOU IN THE GROVE WHERE A WEB CAM NEAR YOU HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for contributing federale, but no one give a sh$t what you say. Go away.[/quote:13xfu5wk]
Obviously you did cause you read and replied Happy Thanksgiving :oops:

11-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Bill O'Connor, was a patrol Lt on midnights.

11-16-2009, 09:17 PM
[quote="Guest"]Bill O'Connor, was a patrol Lt on midnights.[/quote

He was also an A/H after he became a Lt.

11-17-2009, 03:27 AM
Bill O'Connor, was a patrol Lt on midnights.[/quote

He was also an A/H after he became a Lt.
AND WHY DO YOU SAY THAT , DID O'CONNOR SCREW YOU OVER SOMEHOW :?:

11-17-2009, 04:01 AM
I am saddened by the circumstances facing O'Connor. He was always a stand up guy. I wish him only the best.

11-17-2009, 02:00 PM
What goes around comes around. Bill did do some harm so now he pays and in those towns,you pay well for being a thief. You can forget the innocent part,he lied on the a-form for a reason,guilty!

11-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Bill O'Connor has not been found guilty yet (according to the news report he goes to court on Dec 4th) lets wait till then , till we judge him :!: As far as the false personal info goes :?:

11-18-2009, 06:19 AM
The way I see it,according to the news paper article( see above at the top of this) Bill has been locking up high ranking law enforcement officials in Ohio, and now this ! Looks like the local sheriff , now wants pay back ! :cop:

11-18-2009, 07:23 AM
I think they are after him because he is white.

11-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Billy is a brother officer who clearly has some issues. this job does that to you, no matter how sane you are when you come on, after 25 years, you're burned out and may very well be screwed up. Let's not badger a brother when he's down. Weather you liked him or not, regardless of where he worked, let's not condone what he allegedly did, but let's not rush to judgement.

11-18-2009, 04:44 PM
I agree , Bill goes back to court on December 4th. I'm sure the local paper will have an update at that time, as to the outcome of O'Connors case, lets hope it's positive :?:

11-18-2009, 08:12 PM
How quickly you Anglo guys support a man who has been arrested but if the guy was Black or Cuban you would be pointing out the facts.
He, like all offenders are innocent till proven guilty,even when caught red handed like this retiree!
Maybe you will learn to respect minorities and not be so quick to judge now that your own has gone down? I doubt it.

11-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Who gives a sh^% about an aspole that left here 20 yrs ago,he mess up,now he is going to pay.

11-18-2009, 11:55 PM
How quickly you Anglo guys support a man who has been arrested but if the guy was Black or Cuban you would be pointing out the facts.
He, like all offenders are innocent till proven guilty,even when caught red handed like this retiree!
Maybe you will learn to respect minorities and not be so quick to judge now that your own has gone down? I doubt it.

Hey Moreno ( quote above) What's this got to do with race,ethnicity, etc ? Bill O'Connor was my supervisor once, in patrol, and when I worked in Burglary , he worked homicide, along with other Cubans and blacks, and we all got along fine, and would go out drinking together, so what are you going on about ? There have been other Anglo's that have "gone down" what's your point ? PS and I'm Cuban ! Duh !

11-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Bill is a great guy. He is married to a black woman for over 29 years with 6 grown kids, stop making everything a race issue.

copscop
11-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Bill will have his day in court. I hope he comes out ok.

What is a shame is that brothers of the cloth are supposed to back eachother up through thick and thin and when an officer is going through a hard time, they become worse than a convict wanting payback.

Support eachother brothers, you never know when that persons arm might reach in to lift you from the ground!

11-19-2009, 05:26 PM
It appears Bill had numerous high ranking law enforcement officials "done in" per his investigations up there , with Ohio BCI (similar to FDLE here) the judge will realize that also,and may make an example of him. A shoplifting (theft) charge is pretty cut and dried , they have you on camera, and they have witnesses, I wish him luck. :roll:

11-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Bill is a great guy. He is married to a black woman for over 29 years with 6 grown kids, stop making everything a race issue.

Your so full of B S, your a walking biohazard. he was married to Dave Collis's sister and has two daughters. Eat some chocolate and cut the grass Forrest.

11-20-2009, 01:59 AM
This is true. As far as what is going to happen to Bill , it's on hold till December 4th when he goes back to court !