PDA

View Full Version : Next Promotions

11-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Just catching up on some of the posts. I am curious who will be next to get promoted. The admin got it right with Jelks. With O'Reilly I am surprised, but we will see. There are still some quality people on the list. I do not know who should get the next Lt spot, but I know who should get the next Sgt spots.

Yates, just seems like he would be a good supervisor but needs to make himself a little more approachable. Thornton, just a good cop. Lots of experience on the road and I know people on his shift are always coming to him. Gonzalez or Padgham. Both have tons of experience as well. Maisero will eventually get promoted again, but it may be too soon as the media will have field day with that. Those are my thoughts. Any others have an opinion.

Later and stay safe.

11-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Salaam should be promoted to Captain and the Duke of Donuts she be demoted to LT! Better yet, make the Duke of Donuts a Grandpa Cop.

11-25-2009, 04:03 AM
Just catching up on some of the posts. I am curious who will be next to get promoted. The admin got it right with Jelks. With O'Reilly I am surprised, but we will see. There are still some quality people on the list. I do not know who should get the next Lt spot, but I know who should get the next Sgt spots.

Yates, just seems like he would be a good supervisor but needs to make himself a little more approachable. Thornton, just a good cop. Lots of experience on the road and I know people on his shift are always coming to him. Gonzalez or Padgham. Both have tons of experience as well. Maisero will eventually get promoted again, but it may be too soon as the media will have field day with that. Those are my thoughts. Any others have an opinion.

Later and stay safe.
I hope what I heard today in Station 2 was a joke" Fat A""" Freeman being groomed the next Sgt? No way There is 150 better people for that job. Like Art,Chad,Yates,Mike,Jen,walt, ect anybody butt Him' That would kill my ambition to think one day after 7 yrs here I could get promoted. Why are the St 2 Sgts pushing this? I could tell they dont like it either? If you dont let it be heard.

11-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Ref. fat A#@. One word BLACK

11-25-2009, 02:11 PM
It would be a shame if the administration passes on promoting people like Chad Thornton or Shawn Yates. These guys are great cops and deserving of a Sgt position as they open.

Have not heard the Freeman rumor yet. Guess it takes a few days to trickle down to the bottom floor. There are others in Station 2 that are deserving. Don't pass over good street cops just because they work the road (Yeah I know Yates is in traffic, but still out and about on the road).

I would really like to see the road guys get some of the positive attention they deserve. After all as I have heard before from admin, "Road patrol is the backbone of the department."

11-26-2009, 12:28 AM
What is the problem with Freeman. Dont just say that he will get promoted because of his skin color. I am sure that Freeman is just as educated, if not more, as many of you whiners. Instead of whining about promotions why dont you guys just take the test, so that you can become a supervisor.
As for Yates, yes he is a good guy, but he drinks heavy doses of the kool aid. Just watch him and you will see just how far his head is up the admins ass!!!??&&
Freeman will make an excellent supervisor.

11-27-2009, 03:12 PM
I agree with YEAH. How about some promotions from the patrol division back into patrol division. Take someone like Thornton. The guy bugs nobody, knows the road and whats going on and I know other officers are always going to him. He has done his time on the road and is deserving. From station 2, how about Gonzalez. He has not forgotten the road and knows everyone. He would be a good candidate from a specialty unit. From other specialty units, I think Yates from traffic or Padgham from K-9 are also deserving.

We will see though. I just hope the right people get the promotions that they deserve.

11-29-2009, 04:01 AM
Hey, guess who is in trouble again. Admin will, probably promote him over Thornton and that will make things go away. Things will now be "Status Quo."

11-30-2009, 07:21 AM
.[Wait a minute..Let me get this right! You are vouching for Chad Thorton to be a supervisor? MAN PLEASE!!! Stop the pressing :-(. Sam Cook, get a breath of this fresh air, brotha!!! Chad, as we all know this, is that same officer who seems to fear lateral movement. What I mean by this, and Chad knows it all too well, he is a coward that can’t handle the heat. I have watched Chad under pressure and he literally shuts-down once the oxygen continues to fuel the fire.

Some of you officers are too young to remember this: Chad fears lateral movement, and he is only comfortable with patrol work! Several years ago, Chad was promoted to the detective bureau. If I remember well, he stayed in the unit for about a week and quickly left the unit because of the mass of investigative work that comes with the postion.Whoa, I would think being a detective is the way to being an informative cop, but Chad did not see that.

I am sure many of you may have form rebuttals for his brazen departures from the detective unit, and still formulate decisions for him to be promoted any way. It is scary!!! . :shock:

The point that I am making here is that one's popularity should not be bases for promotion. Now, should Chad be promoted? It will be left to the chief.
quote="JUSTWATCHING"]Hey, guess who is in trouble again. Admin will, probably promote him over Thornton and that will make things go away. Things will now be "Status Quo."[/quote]

11-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Maybe detective wasnt for him, and he should be given credit for getting out of something that wouldnt make him happy?

Patrol is patrol. The best sgts are those that come straight from patrol. Look at Moussa. BEST SGT promoted out of the whole bunch. He hasnt forgotten where he came from and takes care of his people.

Sgts promoted from the detective divisoon. LOL NO COMMENT

Have we forgotten that SOME people are put in the detective division because they cant HACK it on the street, are a safety issue to themselves and others so we put them behind a desk.......Zaleskie taking the detective exam, enough said!

12-01-2009, 05:16 AM
prediction for the year 2019 CHIEF JOHN ZALESKIE FT MYERS PD :evil: :devil:

12-02-2009, 01:12 AM
Here is one for the ignorant Captain Caveman, you must still be living in the "Ice Age", at least Chad was man enough to say that sitting behind a desk isn't for him. He's a real cop and like you said he is more comfortable on the road then behind the desk which would make him an excellent candidate for road supervisor you moron!!! Look at some of the supervisors who got promoted that hasn't worked the roads in years they still don't know wtf they are doing. Are you kidding me! The ONE and only good thing Baker did for patrol was to promote Moussa, at least he knew what the hell he is doing. Take your A** back to the caves. :lol:

12-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Patrol is patrol. The best sgts are those that come straight from patrol. Look at Moussa. BEST SGT promoted out of the whole bunch. He hasnt forgotten where he came from and takes care of his people.???????????

Who the he*& posted this??? You obviously haven't work for the guy... LMAO... You're an idiot...It might be because I'm not a supervisor... OR AM I?????