PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Bab****

11-02-2009, 08:38 PM
I am not sure if there have been any posts or if the word has gotten around but for all that new Bruce I am sad to announce he passed away due to complications from cancer this past week at his home in Blairsville Georgia. I knew Bruce while I was assigned to motors at BSO but really got to know him better since his retirement and relocation here in Georgia. Bruce was a devoted father and husband and will be missed by everyone that knew him. He returned from a cross country motorcycle trip months back and experienced back pain. The back pain was discovered to be an aggressive cancer that he just could not overcome. I will miss his friendship, his positive outlook and our weekly breakfast and pizza meetings. There are not many individuals that you can say never spoke bad about people and I have yet to find anyone that says anything negative about him either. The family stated that Bruce requested no flowers to be sent, he wished any acknowledgement be made as a donation to the National Police Memorial. I will let his family know of this posting in case friends would like to send their condolences. Any other info can be obtained from either myself, Larry Akers or John Engle. Thanks and be safe.

11-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the information Mike. I was very sad to see that post on the retirement page. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Please let them know I totally agree not a bad word could be said of such a wonderful person. He always had a positive outlook on life and never spoke ill about a sole. Rest in Peace Bruce you will be missed.

11-04-2009, 12:03 PM
RIP Bruce....

11-04-2009, 02:15 PM
I got to know Bruce when he responded to a number of my department vehicle crashes. He always told it like it was. A great guy and will be missed.

11-04-2009, 02:57 PM
I worked with Bruce way back when Deerfield Beach still had their own PD. Great guy - good officer - fond memories. My condolences to his family.

11-05-2009, 02:28 AM
My condolences to the Bab**** family. I will keep you all in my thoughts.

11-05-2009, 04:38 AM
I worked with Bruce way back when Deerfield Beach still had their own PD. Great guy - good officer - fond memories. My condolences to his family.

Steve Henning, have not heard that name in decades, Hope all is well. Are you local or out west? JL

11-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Hey Mike thanks for the update, I recently found out about Bruce. I could not believe it. We spoke often about his move to Blairsville and his new house. He was one of the good guys. I took care of him many times when he came out for a fatality. I always made sure he was fed along with his partner.
What a tragic loss.... :cry: