PDA

View Full Version : CJ PAT Info

11-02-2009, 02:49 AM
I just received my letter to attend the PAT. I have been doing extra working out to get ready but can anyone tell me what exactly they will be testing (is how many situps in how long, how quick the run needs to be completed, pushups, and more)

Thanks!

11-02-2009, 03:30 AM
Can you get off the couch and walk to the fridge without getting out of breath? If so, you can pass the PAT.

11-02-2009, 01:54 PM
well, thank you for your input. I was kinda hoping to find out how many situps/pushups they require, etc. I can, of course, get to the kitchen without losing my breath.

11-02-2009, 07:07 PM
well, thank you for your input. I was kinda hoping to find out how many situps/pushups they require, etc. I can, of course, get to the kitchen without losing my breath.

You are set then! There are no pushups or situps. You simply run an "obstacle" course. Most people with a working heart can do it in under 4 minutes, but they allow up to 6 minutes.

11-02-2009, 11:06 PM
The hardest part for me was pulling the 150lbs dummy. It didn't help that it was raining when I took that test. Everyone was slipping and sliding everywhere, but I passed under 4 minutes. The trick is to "take your time". There is no rush on that test.