PDA

View Full Version : traffic fatalities

11-01-2009, 11:18 AM
HOW MANY DEATHS DO YOU FHP OFFICERS SEE LETS SAY IN MONTHL? HAVE STATE WIDE TRAFFIC FATALITIES DECREASED DO TO INCREASED MEASURES TAKEN BY FHP, AND GENERAL PUBLIC EDUCATION? I KNOW THERE ARE SO MANY FATALITIES ON OUR ROADS THROUGH OUT THE STATE. I PERSONALLY THINK YOUR JOBS ARE VERY IMPORTANT IN PROTECTING THE GENERAL PUBLIC FROM THE THEMSELVES AS FAR MVC FATALITIES. ALSO AN INTERESTING QUESTION, DID YOU EVER LOOK INTO THE STUDY OF TRAUMAS ON CERTAIN TIMES OF DAY, AND ALSO TIMES OF YEAR. I READ IN THE SUMMER D/T HEAT EXPOSURE PEOPLE ACTUALLY HAVE MORE ACCIDENTS, DOMESTIC DISPUTES, STABBINGS, SHOOTING, ROAD RAGE D/T TO HEAT AND AGITATION BECAUSE OF HIGH TEMPERATURES. I KNOW AFTER 2 AM, THE DUI MANSLAUGHTERS ROLL GET GOING, IN ADDITION TO SHOOTINGS, STABBINGS, AND USUALLY R/T OTHER SUBSTANCE ABUSE ISSUES. THIS IS NOT INCLUDING THE FATALITIES SO FREQUENTLY NOTED D/T CARELESSNESS USUALLY TEXTING, TALKING ON CELL PHONES AND JUST GENERALLY NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE ROAD. I FOUND IT INTERESTING THAT A STUDY WAS DONE A WHILE AGO I BELIVE IT WAS A TRAUMA ARTICLE REVIEW THAT NOTED STATISTICS SHOW THAT WHEN IT RAINS, AND IT IS CLOUDY THERE IS ACTUALLY LESS MVCS. DOES ANYONE HAVE AN OPINION OR INSIGHT INTO THIS SO CALLED TRENDS, I FIND IT WELL REALLY INTERESTING I WISH MORE STUDIES WOULD BE DONE. I KNOW SOME SITE TRENDS ON SPECIFIC DAYS OF THE WEEK AND AT CERTAIN TIMES.

11-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Why do you type in all caps? This is annoying, to say the least, and now that you pissed me off, I'm not answering your question.

11-01-2009, 12:03 PM
SORRY TO WRITE IT ALL CAPS, BUT NOT EVERYONES EYES SIGHT IS GREAT. So, anyways turn down your airconditioning b/c use sound a bit agitated yourself, and it you have something to say or some insight into the the above post, please speak up and reply, but please take a chill pill. Did you eat too much halloween candy last night or something?

11-01-2009, 03:02 PM
SORRY TO WRITE IT ALL CAPS, BUT NOT EVERYONES EYES SIGHT IS GREAT. So, anyways turn down your airconditioning b/c use sound a bit agitated yourself, and it you have something to say or some insight into the the above post, please speak up and reply, but please take a chill pill. Did you eat too much halloween candy last night or something?

:x
Good grief, learn to use correct spelling, capitalization, and punctuation:

Everyones s/b everone's
eyes s/b eye
airconditioning s/b air conditioning
use s/b you
halloween s/b Halloween.

If you expect a cogent reply from a trooper to your interesting questions, at least seem to be literate. I will not even discuss your sarcasm and disrespect to the Patrol Members.

:evil:
:cop: :cop: :cop:

11-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Why do you type in all caps? This is annoying, to say the least, and now that you pissed me off, I'm not answering your question.

The original poster must have been extremely upset. It's the only reason I can see for him trying to yell the entire thing. I feel bad for him, he must have been really worn out by the time he was done typing.

11-01-2009, 10:15 PM
No response, how disappointing. I would think all fhp would have better knowledge on this topic. I have personally cared for fhp Officers who have been victoms of mvcs, including their families and kids. You might want to talk with your local trauma surgeons, and get a brief on those stats. Good luck with all your fractured egos.

11-11-2009, 01:15 AM
No response, how disappointing. I would think all fhp would have better knowledge on this topic. I have personally cared for fhp Officers who have been victoms of mvcs, including their families and kids. You might want to talk with your local trauma surgeons, and get a brief on those stats. Good luck with all your fractured egos.

You didn't get a response because 90% of the post on this board are not from Troopers or Law Enforcement Officers. This board is full of crazy citizens and idiot teens.

11-11-2009, 01:24 AM
HOW MANY DEATHS DO YOU FHP OFFICERS SEE LETS SAY IN MONTHL? HAVE STATE WIDE TRAFFIC FATALITIES DECREASED DO TO INCREASED MEASURES TAKEN BY FHP, AND GENERAL PUBLIC EDUCATION? I KNOW THERE ARE SO MANY FATALITIES ON OUR ROADS THROUGH OUT THE STATE. I PERSONALLY THINK YOUR JOBS ARE VERY IMPORTANT IN PROTECTING THE GENERAL PUBLIC FROM THE THEMSELVES AS FAR MVC FATALITIES. ALSO AN INTERESTING QUESTION, DID YOU EVER LOOK INTO THE STUDY OF TRAUMAS ON CERTAIN TIMES OF DAY, AND ALSO TIMES OF YEAR. I READ IN THE SUMMER D/T HEAT EXPOSURE PEOPLE ACTUALLY HAVE MORE ACCIDENTS, DOMESTIC DISPUTES, STABBINGS, SHOOTING, ROAD RAGE D/T TO HEAT AND AGITATION BECAUSE OF HIGH TEMPERATURES. I KNOW AFTER 2 AM, THE DUI MANSLAUGHTERS ROLL GET GOING, IN ADDITION TO SHOOTINGS, STABBINGS, AND USUALLY R/T OTHER SUBSTANCE ABUSE ISSUES. THIS IS NOT INCLUDING THE FATALITIES SO FREQUENTLY NOTED D/T CARELESSNESS USUALLY TEXTING, TALKING ON CELL PHONES AND JUST GENERALLY NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE ROAD. I FOUND IT INTERESTING THAT A STUDY WAS DONE A WHILE AGO I BELIVE IT WAS A TRAUMA ARTICLE REVIEW THAT NOTED STATISTICS SHOW THAT WHEN IT RAINS, AND IT IS CLOUDY THERE IS ACTUALLY LESS MVCS. DOES ANYONE HAVE AN OPINION OR INSIGHT INTO THIS SO CALLED TRENDS, I FIND IT WELL REALLY INTERESTING I WISH MORE STUDIES WOULD BE DONE. I KNOW SOME SITE TRENDS ON SPECIFIC DAYS OF THE WEEK AND AT CERTAIN TIMES.

I will try to answer like a professional. As for fatal numbers being down, I would like to think enforcement and education is responsible, but more likely is high gas prices kept the miles down. I do not have the numbers of miles driven, but I know for a fact that traffic has been lighter. I also could go write a bunch of tickets in a short period of time for 20 over on the Interstate...sometimes it can be a while for a speeder. So either people know they can't afford the ticket, their license is already suspended so they are on good behavior, or what ever reason-the rush hour traffic seems better behaved (also higher unemplyment cuts traffic amounts)

I still see DUIs and DUI manslaughter, but that does not surprise me. When the economy goes to crap, people often self destruct. It is sad.

This is just a viewpoint from north florida, I am sure other parts of the state would have other answers.

11-11-2009, 11:26 PM

I will try to answer like a professional. As for fatal numbers being down, I would like to think enforcement and education is responsible, but more likely is high gas prices kept the miles down. I do not have the numbers of miles driven, but I know for a fact that traffic has been lighter. I also could go write a bunch of tickets in a short period of time for 20 over on the Interstate...sometimes it can be a while for a speeder. So either people know they can't afford the ticket, their license is already suspended so they are on good behavior, or what ever reason-the rush hour traffic seems better behaved (also higher unemplyment cuts traffic amounts)

I still see DUIs and DUI manslaughter, but that does not surprise me. When the economy goes to crap, people often self destruct. It is sad.

This is just a viewpoint from north florida, I am sure other parts of the state would have other answers.

I am in S. Florida and agree with you. However, getting a 20 and over speeder on the Interstate down here is a piece of cake. One after another down here brother.

11-13-2009, 01:43 AM

I am in S. Florida and agree with you. However, getting a 20 and over speeder on the Interstate down here is a piece of cake. One after another down here brother.

I understand. The further south you go it seems like the speeds get higher. Actually that probably applies with driving 95 from Virginia southbound.