PDA

View Full Version : Duty Carry

10-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Out of curiosity....are you guys allowed to carry 1911's on duty?

10-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Nope department issued .39spl or a glock 9mm that you can buy on your own. If we did not run out of ammo you can use the glock.

11-27-2009, 02:33 AM
what other weapons can you use as a duty carry

11-27-2009, 10:10 AM
That is it glock 9mm or sig p226 9mm double action only. Other wise you can carry an assortment of revolvers purchased at your own cost, however you can only use 38spl rounds. If you were grandfathered in like the officers with more than 5 years on we had a long list of guns to choose from even .45 acp. We are currently working on getting them back due to the fact that they should let us carry what we want since we have to buy it anyway. But don't worry if you are interested in lateraling over or starting as a cadet in the year 2012 or when we get a permanent director who doesn't care about budgets and sees we need people on the road you might get hired..... and when that happens we might even have semi-autos issued too... Yeah and if you believe that I got some swamp land in Arizona with a beach side view I can sell you. As you can see the department that boast that they are the biggest in the southeast can not even afford to buy guns to issue out to the troops that don't involve the use of designs as old as the colt peace maker.

12-29-2009, 10:32 PM
That is it glock 9mm or sig p226 9mm double action only. Other wise you can carry an assortment of revolvers purchased at your own cost, however you can only use 38spl rounds. If you were grandfathered in like the officers with more than 5 years on we had a long list of guns to choose from even .45 acp. We are currently working on getting them back due to the fact that they should let us carry what we want since we have to buy it anyway. But don't worry if you are interested in lateraling over or starting as a cadet in the year 2012 or when we get a permanent director who doesn't care about budgets and sees we need people on the road you might get hired..... and when that happens we might even have semi-autos issued too... Yeah and if you believe that I got some swamp land in Arizona with a beach side view I can sell you. As you can see the department that boast that they are the biggest in the southeast can not even afford to buy guns to issue out to the troops that don't involve the use of designs as old as the colt peace maker.

Hey it took what 6-7, years to get AFIS ? If your facing someone on drugs, best you shoot them more than the double tap if you want to stop them. 9MM is the I don't want to hurt somebody round.