PDA

View Full Version : 5.11 Flashlights

10-25-2009, 02:56 PM
I am wondering how patrol feels about the quality of the new 5.11 flashlights. My light does not last 2 hours, as claimed by the maunufacturer. It's my opinion the flashlight was not worth the cost of$ 169.00 dollars per unit, minus the discount for the volume of lights purchased.

First of all, I am greatful that the admin. purchased the lights for us. However I would like to see the lights be returned, since they fail to meet our needs.

What do you think?

10-26-2009, 02:12 AM
The light is kinda cool, and always could come in handy. so what if it only lasts 2 hours, it charges in less than 90 seconds. or did you forget that part? And you still have your mag light during that 90 seconds.......and your stinger light.......

10-29-2009, 02:47 PM
There are pro's and con's. How many people really clear buildings with their mag lights. The new flashlight is a good gimmick by 5.11. The only reason to have a flashlight that large, is for an impact weapon. The new 5.11 would work great as an impact weapon if you were trying to tickle a suspect or just piss them off. With todays technology there are dozens of tactical lights on the market that are as bright as the mag lights and 5.11 and easier to maneuver with. The 5.11 is a good light source and the quick recharge is great. I'm just not sold on them.