PDA

View Full Version : paperwork

10-25-2009, 05:21 AM
I was just wondering if it is possible for Tallahassee to give us more redundant paperwork. All current paperwork should be sent to the office of the redundancy office. It is ridiculous how much time, gas and manpower are spent doing paperwork and faxing, and scanning and emaling and snail mailing and things that have nothing to do with writing tickets and reports.
The squads should at least get to have the salary of a admin assistant split between us. In actuality, we are administrative secretaries that carry guns.

10-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Could not have said it better. We spend sooo many hours every month doing paperwork not related to law enforcement or arrests, or tickets etc. Don't understand why we have so many admin personnel, we seem to be doing all the paperwork. cut, paste, glue, scan, copy, fax, color, blue ink, black ink, sharpie, etc etc. it is a real garbage system and definately not streamlined. I guess the old saying truely goes, DEP, More process, Less Protection.

10-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Don't feel bad it's the same way with the Patrol. Stay safe!

11-02-2009, 09:14 PM

well thats comforting. I guess LE is all about paperwork now. No more going out doing your job, make sure you get all those receipts taped, glued, scanned, copied, pasted, sent, in the right order. You may be looking to be fired if done incorrectly. I spend a good majority of my time doing admin, because apparently everyone in office buildings are soooooooo busy, they can't do anything admin that they are supposed to be doing. I know, Lets get the patrol officers to do the admin for us, then we can take long weekends, and find more paperwork for the officers to do. hello Tallahassee, do any of you leave Tallahassee, or have any of you seen the paperwork nightmare we have.

11-04-2009, 01:16 AM

well thats comforting. I guess LE is all about paperwork now. No more going out doing your job, make sure you get all those receipts taped, glued, scanned, copied, pasted, sent, in the right order. You may be looking to be fired if done incorrectly. I spend a good majority of my time doing admin, because apparently everyone in office buildings are soooooooo busy, they can't do anything admin that they are supposed to be doing. I know, Lets get the patrol officers to do the admin for us, then we can take long weekends, and find more paperwork for the officers to do. hello Tallahassee, do any of you leave Tallahassee, or have any of you seen the paperwork nightmare we have.

Maybe they don't want us to do anything. If they keep us down with paperwork it keeps us out of trouble or our agency out of trouble.

11-06-2009, 01:56 PM

I can't remember the times I got an a** chewing because the gas receipts were off by .1 of a gallon. I always thought that it was interesting that other districts only rounded up or down for the 1/2 gallon but my stupidvisor made me roundup or down for the tenth of a gallon. Also, why do I have to start every report with my entire life history including what I had for breakfast before I list the actual offense? I don't think other districts have to do that. Why do I have to go 30 miles out of way to get tires at a Goodyear dealer that my supervisor "instructs" me to use when my nearest dealer is less than 10 miles from home?
I guess I should shut my mouth, tell my supervisor how nice and clean his Expediton is, and learn how to do my job...or I might get lied about to the brass. Oh well.

11-07-2009, 06:54 PM

I feel your pain brother!

11-09-2009, 02:52 PM

I feel your pain brother!

The sad thing is the people in Tallahassee seem to think those they promote do a wonderful job. They haven't even verified their resumes. It seems our supervisors are so busy doing god knows what, nothing of importance, and most of them don't even know how to arrest anyone. They sit in Offices and pass all the admin and paperwork on to the Officers. I think they should split all the admin personnel salaries amongst the Officers since we do all of their jobs as well. I think Tallahassee and the Supervisors think this admin crap is great, because it prevents us from getting involved in situations they may have to answer questions about that they have no clue of, most don't know how to arrest someone on a warrant. It is sad but true, most like us stuck on paperwork because that is all they know how to do. I think we need to report these agencies to some tree loving organization because of all the paper we waste duplicating this crap. DEP probably uses more paper than anyone. Oh yeah, its OK, its recycled.

12-16-2009, 11:45 PM
The paperwork is mandated by the Division of Administrative Services (Finance & Acct.), not DLE "brass". They hate it just as much as you do and have made every effort to keep most of the paperwork in Tallahassee. The p-card receipts have to be scanned and entered into OCULUS by the 8th of the month, without exception. It would be much easier if the field would scan everything and e-mail it to Tallahassee so the paperwork could be entered by the 8th. Management, however, wanted to do everything possible to minimize the paperwork in the field and worked out a plan with admin staff in Tally to work full-time on it the first week of each month so that you wouldn't have to do it. We all have to perform tasks as part of our job duties that aren't directly related to our title. It's that 5% Other listed on our position descriptions. There are very few true administrative staff members within DLE and most of them are probably more overworked than you are. They are the lowest paid, least respected, and most under-appreciated employees in the division. You should make an effort to understand the reasons why you are asked to perform tasks. If you did, perhaps you could make a recommendation to improve things. The division's website has a submission form for suggestions in case you are interested in improving processes, or you can continue to do nothing but complain on an anonymous message board.

12-17-2009, 12:02 AM
The paperwork is mandated by the Division of Administrative Services (Finance & Acct.), not DLE "brass". They hate it just as much as you do and have made every effort to keep most of the paperwork in Tallahassee. The p-card receipts have to be scanned and entered into OCULUS by the 8th of the month, without exception. It would be much easier if the field would scan everything and e-mail it to Tallahassee so the paperwork could be entered by the 8th. Management, however, wanted to do everything possible to minimize the paperwork in the field and worked out a plan with admin staff in Tally to work full-time on it the first week of each month so that you wouldn't have to do it. We all have to perform tasks as part of our job duties that aren't directly related to our title. It's that 5% Other listed on our position descriptions. There are very few true administrative staff members within DLE and most of them are probably more overworked than you are. They are the lowest paid, least respected, and most under-appreciated employees in the division. You should make an effort to understand the reasons why you are asked to perform tasks. If you did, perhaps you could make a recommendation to improve things. The division's website has a submission form for suggestions in case you are interested in improving processes, or you can continue to do nothing but complain on an anonymous message board.

AMEN!!!!

12-22-2009, 03:07 AM
Redundant? You should have tried listening to the stuttering corporal try to read his reports, now now now now that was redundant.

12-26-2009, 08:06 PM
All agencies have paperwork, that is how the government functions. Lets see how we can improve our system and improve the documents we have to do.