PDA

View Full Version : Budget

10-23-2009, 06:18 AM
It is just amazing that now all of the sudden we have no money in the budget. This is a week after the agency promoted a bunch of secretaries that already makes close to what a sergeant makes. Another thing is we have 2 majors that no one can tell us what their jobs are one of them has a Lt. doing the job she is suppose to be doing. But, the first answer is to cutting money is to take it from the officers not get rid of these non essiential majors, accreditation has not got us anything but top heavy and a bunch of headaches no region or station is on the same page like they claimed was going to happen. Not taking the cars from Sgt. Lts. and Capts they all have to report to their office anyway. Give Sgts 1 car to share and the Lt. and Capt 1 car. What does the Major in White Springs need with a new car when it could have been striped and put to use. The first thing someone is going to say is sounds like someone that is jealous no its just common sense if you are going to make one give up something for the department. All should have to do it. Don't mean just that precious blackberry I know it is just going to kill them to have to check their emails like the average working joe. Just seems to me that the only ones giving anything up to help the budget is the officers and no one above that.

10-23-2009, 08:23 AM
The part that gets me is that they are going to pay time to the officers to travel in the patrol car. That could mean overtime. They will end up paying more in overtime than they would have in travel. Are they going to try and make the officers back the time off? Are they now going to have to pay the Sgt's, Lt's, Cpt's, etc from the time they get in their cars at home until the get to the station?

I understand they there are budget restrictions and that they cannot move/use certain things for other things, but I do not see how it would not be better to move some of the overtime money over to the travel budget to cover. It would cost the Department less in the long run.

But hey what do I know I am just a lowly officer that is not as smart as those above me.

10-23-2009, 09:47 AM
I agree . I think they will make them adjust out they just haven't told that part yet they are trying to sugar coat it. It would not suprise me if they started paying everyone that has an issued vehicle overtime while the officer still get nothing. You bring up some great points. Will just have to wait and see how we get the shaft again then get told how we just have to suck it up and work together.

10-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Life is short, be positive. :D

10-23-2009, 07:04 PM

Spoken like either true management or 100% do-boy.

10-24-2009, 03:21 AM

You couldn't have said it any better.

10-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Stop worrying about stuff. It's not that bad, and if you don't like it here GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Period. You are an adult, you have choices to make.

10-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Stop worrying about stuff. It's not that bad, and if you don't like it here GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Period. You are an adult, you have choices to make.

Glad you cleared that up (being adults?). Seems like we aren't allowed to make own own decisions or use "law enforcement" officer discretion. Catch 'em, clean 'em!!

10-25-2009, 10:40 AM

Stop worrying about what we post on here. Just venting, it's not that bad, and if you don't like our posts GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. You are an adult, you have choices to make.

Sucks to have your own advice thrown back in your face doesn't it?

Yes all in all this is a good place to work. If we could just get rid of a couple of people that truly do not use their brain when coming up with ideas and making decisions. They screw us every chance they get.

10-25-2009, 05:40 PM

Stop worrying about what we post on here. Just venting, it's not that bad, and if you don't like our posts GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. You are an adult, you have choices to make.

Yes all in all this is a good place to work. If we could just get rid of a couple of people that truly do not use their brain when coming up with ideas and making decisions. They screw us every chance they get.

Let me guess, you work on 75? Stop complaining. :cry:

10-25-2009, 07:26 PM

Let me guess, you work on 75? Stop complaining. :cry:

Why don't you stop complaining about my complaining! :roll: Some example you are calling names and all. :? Real mature! :roll:

10-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Oh and let me guess, you work in an office and have no clue what is going on in the field, or it has been so long since you have worked in the field that you have forgotten what it is like to have DA's for supervisors, so you are one of them.

10-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Oh and let me guess, you work in an office and have no clue what is going on in the field, or it has been so long since you have worked in the field that you have forgotten what it is like to have DA's for supervisors, so you are one of them.

Why don't you just go ahead and QUIT! I have friends that are waiting to get on with our agency and you are the bump in the road. You wont quit because you don't want to lose that 1970 singlewide trailer of yours! You are a big f#$%@ loser. If I here you at in-service whine about the agency, I will personally call you out. :evil:

10-25-2009, 10:21 PM

Why don't you just go ahead and QUIT! I have friends that are waiting to get on with our agency and you are the bump in the road. You wont quit because you don't want to lose that 1970 singlewide trailer of yours! You are a big f#$%@ loser. If I here you at in-service whine about the agency, I will personally call you out. :evil:

My mistake, that is hear you and not here you. It all still applies.

10-25-2009, 10:31 PM

You are a perfect example of what is wrong with our department. You do not have the balls to call yourself out much less someone else. You are a forum gorilla, talk a good game here but in the real world quite as a mouse. I have dealt with your kind before. If they are friends of yours we do not want them, birds of a feather and all. Those are birds we do not want. Real mature. I would hate how you treat the public during the performance of your duties.

10-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Now back on topic.

How can they afford to pay overtime that will end up costing more than the travel that they would have paid? There is always a method to their madness. What is the real reason for this change? I guess we we know soon.

10-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Now back on topic.

How can they afford to pay overtime that will end up costing more than the travel that they would have paid? There is always a method to their madness. What is the real reason for this change? I guess we we know soon.

That's why you'll always be a bottom feeder. You just don't get it.

10-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Since I "don't get it" how about explain it to me, instead of calling names. You must have a far superior grasp of knowledge than I do. So please enlighten me, or is all you can do is call names and tell someone how stupid they are?

Maybe I was wrong, you don't sound very intelligent to me.

10-25-2009, 11:57 PM
One more thing. The overtime will go towards retirement. That is another expense that will make this new plan cost more. Hey what do I know though I am just a bottom feeder.

10-27-2009, 04:48 AM
Paying travel time has always been in policy, the Agency has just never followed it. "All time spent in official travel status before the before the regular workday begins and after the regular workday ends, shall be counted as hours worked. "

Sure the over-time mayt have to be adjusted off, but who liked showing up for a 4 hour day anyway, or it will save you an extra 4 hours burned every month.

Here is the brighter side to the whole cookie....If the spare car is not available at your station when you are required to travel it seems the only fair thing to do would be to pay you for travel time, and miles.... Better hope there are enough spares running around, with in-service, hunting season, and holidays approaching. More people off means more in travel.

Darker side of the cookie says it will more than likely be harder to get time off with more people needing to adjust themselves off, and with limited spares to cover the missing body.

Good.... Unless you travel at least four hours in a pay period you get to go home early on a regular 12 hour day as you cannot be expected to come in for less than four hours at a time. So more then likely most of the traveling will be performed by double staffed stations, and interstates...as these are the only ones that could let a man go home early, unless the sargeant reliefs them.....MY CHOICE IS I WOULD LIKE TO ADJUST MY TIME OFF AT THE START OF MY SHIFT INSTEAD OF THE END. ILL SHOW UP TOMMOROW AT 0830 INSTEAD OF 0700.

We could keep going GOOD vs. BAD.....but why?

10-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I agree with the first post even though you label him a whiner and told him to find a new job. The best way to cut a budget is to look at the waste. Cancelling phones for the higher up's is a distraction technique that goes on at all agencies. It makes it look like there is a cut for the stars and bars but really they make enough they don't need a crackberry and they probably have one on their hip anyway. The real money is in the waste in this department. Sorry I love my job here and I love the people I work with so you cant tell me to look somewhere else. The Sgt's are not on call. Therefore they don't need a car, having them to report to the Interstate where they really need to be (not held up at a side station on their way to work) is the best way to cut not only the maintenance budget but the gas budget. Another way is to place a mileage limit on the cars from the Sgt and above home. If that Sgt. or Lt. or Major is traveling more than __ miles from their residence to the interstate either relocate those Sgt's., Lt'.s or Majors to a different location. There is nothing that states that the Major has to be at the Farmers Market. He can have an office on 10.
Have they earned the right for take home, YES some of them that have done their time and not crawled the chain just because, maybe. However everyone deserves a perk or two when you wear a stripe that is what we all strive for. However, in this economy and deficit we need to figure out what is necessary and what is not, before we are replaced by civilians.
Yeah that is right, civilians. :shock:
The travel issue, they are trying to figure it out before they really go with some crazy stuff. Stop fussing about it. There are other State Agencies that are requiring people to take a mandatory 8 hours off a month for budget so they can save everyone else's job. There was some talk about that when all this came out, remember that????? So do you want to cut your travel or cut your job...you take your pick. There were 177 recruits that finished Sante Fe Criminal Justice and 3 were hired out!!! Remember that!!!! :evil:
Other than, that get into the ear of your Legislators, Senator's and Representatives, that is where the cuts are going to be coming from. Have solutions no grips.

10-28-2009, 12:20 AM
The jobs are at the stations. Not to and from home. The state need not pay for cars to travel to and from a job. Firemen don't have a take home fire truck, ambulance drivers don't have a take home ambulance. DOC officers don't have a take home transport van.

Take home cars would open the door for officers to get involved in actions outside the scope of their duties. Shame Shame Shame...................

If you want a take home, apply to the Sheriff's Office now grab that mop and clean them floors before you go home, don't forget the toilets..............

10-30-2009, 05:45 PM
For some of us driving to our assigned station is out of our way if we got to go to another station. We should still get time even if we drive our personal vehicles the state would be saving money because we would be using our own gas.

10-30-2009, 06:37 PM
That my friend is what they are wanting/hoping. That is how they are going to save money. Contact your union rep and ask the same question in the form of a grievance.

10-30-2009, 08:35 PM
I agree with mater that ain't fair I think we need to file .

10-31-2009, 06:18 PM
Not worrying about anything. Just trying to give some people something to think about. Don't mind any advice thrown in my face, no biggie.

11-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Now more budget cuts on us who dont have anything out here. Look at the fat cats in Tallahasee, talk about cuts we are paying a lot of money for people who dont do anything up there. Get rid of or cut the pay of some of the do nothings up there. They all just got raises and we just keep getting slapped. We dont need most of those people they dont do anything but have stupid ideas.

11-15-2009, 01:54 AM
For all of you taking the state for a ride on travel to a side station you are just bi.....cause your pocket money is ending!. You don't like it ask for a transfer! Or I have an idea, get a part time job....oh no because you are barely getting by as the policy states....Otherwise go to your assigned station pick up "your" car as it is assigned and drive to where ever! If it is closer how about this idea...drive to work like 4 million americans, forget the greivance as it is going to make it harder on yourself as they will "modify" policy and find a way to assign your behind back to the interstate. How about pulling your name and number out of a hat on who is going to travel. How do you think that will end up?. Thanks for possibly screwing it up for the rest of us!
SHUT UP!!! This budget crisis will not last forever, you will back in the money soon enough! How about the rest of us....we are driving our "own" car to work still while we still have a job!
I understand this site is to gripe and complain, but for gracious sakes do it with a little dignity and respect for your fellow employees you selfish geezers!

I have a better idea, take your 40 grand making behinds into retirement or you people that are on your second retirement sucking AG dry, and make way for 2 new officers that are okay with traveling!

As for getting rid of the Big Fish in Tally, you need to stop sleeping at the side station that you are traveling to and wake up. They have been there longer than you have been lying on your activity! That is not even an option start at home make small changes like travel...or phones and god knows what...

Sorry this hurt some of you...but keep it real...

11-15-2009, 02:12 AM
Sell out rat fink snitch.

11-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Really, did your nubby little gorilla fingers manage to type all four letter words then you threw in a 6 letter word! Man you are a genius do you really think you can fill out your travel voucher???
Ha! Thanks for the reply intelligent life form! HA!!!

11-16-2009, 01:31 AM
I can only assume that you elevate the feelings you have for yourself by degrading others. Does it make you feel better about yourself when you put others down? Are you compensating for something else lacking in your life? The only knuckle dragger I see posting here is you due to the way you degrade others around you. I feel sorry for those that work around you. I bet they are glad when you take a day off. I would be.
I would hate to know how you feel about those LEO's that may be a little different than you, be it skin color or gender. You are a true discredit to our department.

11-16-2009, 07:40 PM
I work at a side station in a permanent position, but sometimes I have to travel to help out cover other stations. If I drive my own vehicle and charge travel it would save the state money versus driving the state car and charging time. So why can't I do that? Even if I charged time and travel while driving my POV it would still save the state money, or just charged time. I understand how the budget works, but I sometimes wonder if those that put the budget together do.

Why are we not allowed to charge meals for Class C travel? State Statute allows it and says we are entitled to it. Just so everyone knows 50 miles has nothing to do with it even though we have been told that for years. How can a department policy go against statue?

Charging travel by statue only covers the use of our vehicles for state business. What about our time? What if we have to leave earlier to go to the station we are filling in at and get home later? Should we not be comped for our extra time?

If a car is not available for me to drive to the station I am filling in at and I drive my POV do I get travel and time? I should because if I drove the state car I would be using the state's gas, tires, oil, etc.. not mine, and they would be paying me to do this. Correct? So if I am working a station other than the one that I am assigned to and have to drive my POV and am being paid travel for the use of my POV by the state because a car is not available shouldn't I still get the time? You will pay me to do one but not the other? What if I go to my assigned station first and then drive my POV to the unassigned station?

Why are they going to pay officers to drive state cars to stations but do not pay Sgt's to drive their cars to work, they go 10-8 at the house not the interstate?

I pose these questions only to make people think and ask questions themselves. Just because you have always been told something does not mean it is right. Just because your boss or his boss says something does not mean it is right.

Maybe some contact with DFS/DMS is needed for guidance in these issues, and then maybe an audit.

It may be a good Christmas after all.

11-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Why not just give the guys on relief the cars at the stations as assigned take homes, pay them for any extra time going to stations other than their assigned station, and then pay those who are not relief officer travel and pay them for any extra time incurred going to a station other than their assigned.

11-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Why not just give the guys on relief the cars at the stations as assigned take homes, pay them for any extra time going to stations other than their assigned station, and then pay those who are not relief officer travel and pay them for any extra time incurred going to a station other than their assigned.

What a dipshit idea!

11-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Well like they say it takes one to know one.

I suppose that you have a better idea, or do you just like to put down others ideas? Maybe because your brain can not comprehend complex problem solving scenarios.

I suspect your thinking process goes like this: Duhhh,, me don't understand so me don't like, duhhh.

11-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Hey Freud what do you say about that post or all of us just a "discredit".....

I suppose that you have a better idea, or do you just like to put down others ideas? Maybe because your brain can not comprehend complex problem solving scenarios.

I suspect your thinking process goes like this: Duhhh,, me don't understand so me don't like, duhhh.

11-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Hey Freud what do you say about that post or all of us just a "discredit".....

Sounds as if someone and myself abide by the same school of thought.

A person that puts down the idea of another in such a way as "What a dipshit idea!" without giving an alternative idea shows that they themselves may be a "dipshit". If a person does not like an idea then they should come up with a viable alternative and put it forward stating why they think it is better.

I think Thinker hit the nail on the proverbial head. "Duhhh,, me don't understand so me don't like, duhhh." in my opinion is the exact thinking process of someone that would say "What a dipshit idea!". Someone incapable of thinking a problem through and coming up with a logical and viable answer/idea will put down someone else's answer/idea as the "dipshit" poster did. This person will probably be fast tracked to the rank of Major so that he/she can force their truly "dipshit" ideas upon those not fortunate enough to have the political connections necessary to do so. We all know that is how those dipshits get there.

What a "dipshit".

08-18-2010, 04:39 AM
Here are links to the latest digital camera reviews,
with textbook study (http://digicam.my3gb.com/wholesale-digital-cameras.html) photos, sample photo galleries,
precise measurements of shutter slacken, d things, and battery compulsion, and consummate
descriptions of the cover digital cameras on the market. For a listing of the most talented digital cameras,
accompany (http://digicam.my3gb.com/digital-camera-reviews-imaging.html) my pages. Mesh Digital Camera prices on our digital camera shopping pages.
Allot digital cameras that parallel your needs and budget with our Camera Advisor that helps
you upon the camera that's immediately looking for you. Analogize resemble standardized photos from several (http://digicam.my3gb.com/digital-cameras-compare.html) cameras with our unique cameras.
- All the tools you need to spot digital cameras that are right for the sake you!