PDA

View Full Version : Trooper shot at?

10-18-2009, 04:11 AM
I heard a Trooper was shot at during a pursuit...but haven't seen anything on the news.

Anyone have info? Trooper ok?

10-18-2009, 05:00 AM
Where Orlando?? Miami?? Pensacola?? Tampa?? Its such a small state afterall.

10-18-2009, 06:22 PM
A trooper was pursuing a subject in a Jeep suv and while in the pursuit the driver entered an area that has a lot of low income homes and a low income housing complex. Shots were fired out the passenger window and the driver pulled into a residence and bailed. Fearing a passenger was in the vehicle since the shots came from the passengers side window, the trooper did not give chase and covered the vehicle. He cleared the vehicle and realized there was only one occupant. The owner of the vehicle later came to the scene and is now considered a suspect. He has multiple suspensions of his drivers license.

A side note and no shocker, dispatch had no idea where he was. They thought he was 2 counties away.

10-18-2009, 09:46 PM
A trooper was pursuing a subject in a Jeep suv and while in the pursuit the driver entered an area that has a lot of low income homes and a low income housing complex. Shots were fired out the passenger window and the driver pulled into a residence and bailed. Fearing a passenger was in the vehicle since the shots came from the passengers side window, the trooper did not give chase and covered the vehicle. He cleared the vehicle and realized there was only one occupant. The owner of the vehicle later came to the scene and is now considered a suspect. He has multiple suspensions of his drivers license.

A side note and no shocker, dispatch had no idea where he was. They thought he was 2 counties away.

This is not true. Dispatch had a supervisor and back up as soon as the trooper called it in, before the gunshots. Also, the owner did not return to the car, he was located after a perimeter was set up. It was in Taylor County and not in a residential area.

10-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Report this postReply with quoteRe: Trooper shot at?
by guest00 on 10/18/09 17:46:34

Guest wrote:

This is not true. Dispatch had a supervisor and back up as soon as the trooper called it in, before the gunshots. Also, the owner did not return to the car, he was located after a perimeter was set up. It was in Taylor County and not in a residential area.guest00

WOW..the gunshots were fired during the chase(according to the Trooper), dispatch thought he was in Monticello (according to the Trooper and another state agency that was listening to the incident on the Ma/Com)

The nearest supervisor was in Tallahassee and the nearest trooper was in Monticello...Perry PD was the first backup on scene..which dispatch notified once they figured out where he was.

There was a perimeter set up but a person at the scene contacted the owner who agreed to return only if he could speak to a specific Sgt. with PPD and he returned on his own.

K-9 did track to a residence but a search of the home was not conducted.

Do a search on Google Maps and click on Satellite view . Search for Front Street or Warner Avenue (where the incident occurred) in Perry,Florida and tell me that is not a residential neighborhood. No the facts before u say somebody is wrong..

MOST IMPORTANTLY THE TROOPER WAS NOT HURT. ALL ELSE IS JUST TALKING POINTS..

10-21-2009, 06:29 AM
We have-without any doubt in my mind-some of the worst dispatchers in the world.

I compare some to a teenager working at the convenience store-they don't want to be there, they do a crappy job, they show no motivation to improve or try do a good job, they make the same mistakes over and over, and they have a horrible attitude about everything.

10-25-2009, 06:02 PM
We have-without any doubt in my mind-some of the worst dispatchers in the world.

I compare some to a teenager working at the convenience store-they don't want to be there, they do a crappy job, they show no motivation to improve or try do a good job, they make the same mistakes over and over, and they have a horrible attitude about everything.

Not really much different then the level of Troopers we have when you stop and think about it.

10-25-2009, 11:36 PM

I disagree with you. The dispatchers I have worked with have been great.