PDA

View Full Version : Got bashed for bring forward to officer safety complaint

10-13-2009, 02:09 PM
I have 7 years on the road in a hot zone; and one of my zone partners is from a VERY quiet area and I was just transfered to her area.

Anyways, we received an alarm at a school... I parked about 100 yards away in the dark and no other unit said they were going 51 for backup. I cleared the entire school, sidearm out, and was rounding the last corner when this female gets on the radio and says something to the effect of "What have you cleared?" I asked "Well, where are you?" As I rounded the last corner, clearing it, she was standing there, parked in front of the building. I was so pissed she never informed me of her arrival and she was parked right in front that I walked right past her and left.

I made a complaint to the sergeant and said "God forbid I rounded the corner and shot her" referring to seeing someone with a gun in a dark area.

I thought the entire incident was terrible officer safety. When I brought it up to the Sergeant, he didn't address the issue with her. He made me address the issue with her in a group meeting. During the meeting, she lied about the entire incident, saying she went 97 on the radio, was there for 5 minutes and she asked me where I was and I never answered her. When the dispatch tapes were pulled, it was found every statement she made about the incident was a lie. The sergeant said "she perceived it differently... she didn't lie." She had also told me parking in front of the building is what she learned in training, a fact I seriously doubt.

The Lt. addressed the issue. He stated the sergeant advised there was nothing wrong with her safety and my statement of "God Forbid I shot her" raises questions of my judgment.

WTF? Have you ever heard of such a farse? Below is the initial letter I wrote to the Sergeant on the matter. can anyone tell me their opinion on the matter?

------------------------
I received a dispatch to an alarm at XXXX School at about 3 am; D/S. XXXXX XXXXXXXXxx was the other officer working during the shift, however, she was not dispatched from communications. From past experience on alarms with D/S. XXXX, I felt this was not an issue because her laxidasical methods during these alarms will eventually get someone hurt. In fact, on my first alarm with her at XXXXX, I mentioned something to her and proceeded to show her how I clear exterior buildings; i.e., with my firearm out, cutting corners at the ready and hands not in my pockets, but to no effect. She told me alarms are "usually nothing," a state of mind that may one day get her killed.

I blacked out on XXXXX road and parked on the roadway leading to XXXXXXXXXXX School, about 300 feet from the school in case there was a burglary in progress.

I was almost finished clearing the entire building and D/S XXXXXX gets on the radio and says, "What haven't you checked yet?" I asked her why and if she was on scene… she stated she was. At no time did she advise she had arrived or even let me know she was enroute and at no time did dispatch advise these statuses.

I rounded the last corner and observed D/S XXXXXXX, who had driven past my patrol car and lazily parked about 10 feet in front of the front door. Like other alarms, she was casually strolling like a college student on spring break in Daytona. She had been walking away from me; if she had been walking towards me, I would have likely encountered her in the dark at gunpoint without any knowledge she was in the property, a significent officer safety issue.

I was extremely relieved and aggitated at the same time. I contacted XXXXX and advised that I should have been notified she was enroute and on then scene before this occurred. While I realize most alarms are false, I have been to far too many in my short career where they have been found to be burglaries in progress and have even had a suspect fire rounds while fleeing. While D/S XXXXXX regards alarms as "probably nothing," she needs to get into the mindset as there could be an armed suspect behind every corner.

10-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Get ready for the CAN OF WORMS YOU JUST OPENED WITH THIS POST!!!!!! Good luck to you especially when the SGT and LT knows who you are and WILL ALWAYS RIDE YOU AS THE BLACK SHEEP.

Not really sure if this was SMART of you or DUMB, but good luck brother and STAY SAFE.... :| :| 8)

10-13-2009, 07:24 PM
I want to make an addition to this - The reason I posted here this is because I'm with a 20 man department in the mid west; we don't have any outlets like this. I choose the department that does the most posting.

There are only the two of us that work the road on midnights, and I feel she is a detriment to my safety. It sucks I try to go to calls by myself, but I think if she's there and things go bad, I will be too preoccupied keeping her out of trouble than to watch out for myself.

She's usually in dispatch sleeping or making out with her boyfriend over a dozen miles away, so she's never in the proper mindset anyways.

10-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Well brother , a few mistakes you made here , first off , never post or put a complaint on a public forum , second , as the other poster said , this Sgt. and Lt. will be all over you now , waiting for you to stub your toe . The third mistake is that this is a female , and for some reason they get protected more in these types of complaints . You should have gone right to IA , wait , take that back , without a FOG members card you won't get any action there , so scratch that one .All in all , big mistake , big error ever putting your complain out here in public , good luck to you , and yes this was a big safety issue that should be addressed , but it won't. Have to admit though , this agency sure keeps the public entertained , it is a regular "stay tuned for more " side show .

10-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Well brother , a few mistakes you made here , first off , never post or put a complaint on a public forum , second , as the other poster said , this Sgt. and Lt. will be all over you now , waiting for you to stub your toe . The third mistake is that this is a female , and for some reason they get protected more in these types of complaints . You should have gone right to IA , wait , take that back , without a FOG members card you won't get any action there , so scratch that one .All in all , big mistake , big error ever putting your complain out here in public , good luck to you , and yes this was a big safety issue that should be addressed , but it won't. Have to admit though , this agency sure keeps the public entertained , it is a regular "stay tuned for more " side show .
He does not work for us!!! He chose this board because of all the other dirty laundry hanging out and figured it would blend.. Of course since everyone else knows our business I wouldn’t be surprised if an agency in the Midwest along with every other agency in the nation doesn’t tune in daily for a good laugh! :oops:

10-14-2009, 12:16 AM
u guys got dat rite funny outfit you'all r runnin in PB Conty. Who's the Chief. Must be a jerk. and what is a frog card is that laike a free get out of jail card cause heis the corrupt politi co who will end up killin ya but hopefully hisself becuae of his sinnin?

10-14-2009, 12:23 AM

My error , I thought you worked for P.B.S.O . , we are so use to constant incidents , between harassment charges , sex scandals , power struggles , a deputy self named the punisher and a dysfunctional IA division that wears a blindfold , just automatically thought you were from here !

10-14-2009, 03:20 PM
I didn't read to see any dirty laundry... I chose it on the number of posts. Since you mentioned it, What is the FOG and a deputy that calls himself the "Punisher?" You mean you actually have a deputy that calls himself the Punisher? Like... as a joke? Or in public? Now I feel bad about asking my question here - my problem must seem trivial in comparison.

I would like to extend my thanks to those that took the time to give me an honest response and not to berate me.

10-14-2009, 04:35 PM
I agree that her officer safety isn't very good and that fact that she lied just goes to show you whay kind of a person she is, but don't you think you should have spoke with her about it BEFORE you reported it to the Sgt and LT?

10-14-2009, 05:26 PM
I agree that her officer safety isn't very good and that fact that she lied just goes to show you whay kind of a person she is, but don't you think you should have spoke with her about it BEFORE you reported it to the Sgt and LT?

By all means, I would have. I had talked to her in the past about walking around an alarm with her hands in her pockets. Then, a month before this incident, she pulled over three lost out-of-staters that made a left from the right lane into a parking lot to get directions. Though there was no other traffic on the road, when I arrived to back her up, she was laughing and told me she was writing them all criminal summons' for Driving to Endager. I told her that decision was stupid; she went crying to the same sergeant, telling him I was mean to her on a call. I was called into the Sgt's office and asked why I told her "That's stupid." I explained that writing a criminal summons to lost people who didn't endanger anyone was just that. It obviously had an effect; she changed her mind and wrote them all for improper lane change.

After that, I decided if I had any issues with her judgment, it would be less aggravation to document it in an e-mail.

10-14-2009, 06:28 PM
To the original post, may I suggest from this day on as long as your working together and going on calls together START DOCUMENTING EVERY PROBLEMATIC ISSUIE and keep to yourself in a lttle book because if the POOP HITS THE FAN YOU HAVE SOME GET OUT TROUBLE INSURANCE!!!!!!

GET my drift :wink: :wink: :wink: 8)

10-14-2009, 11:22 PM
define "hot zone" please.

10-14-2009, 11:25 PM
take it easy on the little lady. she's gonna be your boss someday!

10-15-2009, 12:42 AM
Last post is soooooooo RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!