PDA

View Full Version : New Chief a coming!

10-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I was talking to a female City Commissioner on Friday and I understand from her that the city commission has approached Christopher Knight after the current investigation is completed. Knight is the brother of Sheriff Thomas Knight. Chief Abbott’s days are numbered the way she talked.

10-12-2009, 02:23 AM
That would be special. He would work well with the C.M. since Knight got fired for committing a crime while FHP director.

10-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Well at least Traffic will get a boost in their budget. I just hope we dont have to start wearing tan!

10-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Didn't he get fired for post-dating a memo and essentially falsifying a public record? This would put the City in the position of firing one Chief to hire another one who was fired from his last job.

10-12-2009, 03:23 PM
I was talking to a female City Commissioner on Friday and I understand from her that the city commission has approached Christopher Knight after the current investigation is completed. Knight is the brother of Sheriff Thomas Knight. Chief Abbott’s days are numbered the way she talked.

First off Little Bird......the City Commission has NOTHING WHAT SO EVER TO DO with hiring a Police chief......accordingto city chrter the city manager hires the Chief.....So, if indeed you even spoke to a female commissioner, and there is ONLY one.....She does not know what she is talking about or she is confused...........I do believe however, that the Chief will never be back on the job..........The CM want's him gone.

10-17-2009, 05:57 PM
First off Little Bird......the City Commission has NOTHING WHAT SO EVER TO DO with hiring a Police chief......accordingto city chrter the city manager hires the Chief.....So, if indeed you even spoke to a female commissioner, and there is ONLY one.....She does not know what she is talking about or she is confused..........
The city commissioners hire the city manager i.e. the city commissioners control the cm...

the city manager hires the chief... or lets the chief go...

if the city commissioners want the cm to fire a chief or to hire a particular person as a chief, then it will happen...

we are all controlled by puppet strings from somewhere

10-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Didn't he get fired for post-dating a memo and essentially falsifying a public record? This would put the City in the position of firing one Chief to hire another one who was fired from his last job.

I heard he was investigated for sleeping with his female employees too. Any takers? How about you Ms. City Commish?

10-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Considering the number of people at SPD who are getting F***ed right now he should fit right in!

Viva la Bobo.......somebody call the Smurf Village we know where their missing idiot is!

10-29-2009, 12:21 PM

Everyone at SCSO knows that the Chief is the only chief who did not endorse the Sheriff for sheriff. The Sheriff has not forgotten that and will get even. If you talk to troopers they say the brothers F'd up FHP before they left so I'm sure they can come here and F this place up some more. :|

11-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Is this a joke?

37 2009 CA 002045 KNIGHT, CHRISTOPER vs DEPT OF HIGHWAY SAFETY AND MOTOR VEHICLES Plaintiffs Defendants
KNIGHT, CHRISTOPER

DEPT OF HIGHWAY SAFETY AND MOTOR VEHICLES

Plaintiff Attorney(s) Defendant Attorney(s)
MATTOX, MARIE

SUBER, JESSE F

Case Comments Case Attributes
Number: 37 2009 CA 002045
Action: DISCRIMINATION
Filed : 5/26/2009
Citation: