PDA

View Full Version : 10 hour shifts

10-11-2009, 09:29 PM
I just have a question.... is there any district in the state working a 10 hour shift?? Or does everyone work 8 hour shifts???

10-12-2009, 12:17 AM
I just have a question.... is there any district in the state working a 10 hour shift?? Or does everyone work 8 hour shifts???

Tampa district mid night shifts are 10 hours.

10-12-2009, 01:14 PM
The Panama City/Marianna District in Troop A works 10 hour shifts when they rotate to the day shift (off Fri-Sat-Sun, work 6A-4P Mon-Thurs). Pensacola had this shift and decided to do away with it about 6 months after having voted for it. Don't know why.

10-12-2009, 01:48 PM
The Panama City/Marianna District in Troop A works 10 hour shifts when they rotate to the day shift (off Fri-Sat-Sun, work 6A-4P Mon-Thurs). Pensacola had this shift and decided to do away with it about 6 months after having voted for it. Don't know why.

Apparently its managements way of punishing Troopers. After getting used to 10 hours with three days off, they take it away with the excuse it is whats best for the agency.

10-12-2009, 03:07 PM
When are you troopers going to learn this department does not care about you, they don't care about your health, you are nothing more then a number to them, they have stacks of applications with a bunch of young dumb people who will do what ever FHP tells them and they will support FHP when they don't get their pay raises.

When these young dumb troopers finally wake up to the pay issue and leave FHP still won't care because there is another new batch of young dumb ones waiting to hire on.

10-20-2009, 11:58 AM
What gets me is Czernis sent out the memo to all the troopers telling them they would be allowed to vote on the shifts they want and then the local supervision, Lieutenants and above did what they wanted to do instead.

That just makes Czernis look a fool and a liar who has no control of his own staff of supervisors.

John Czernis lost all credibility after corrupt issue of voting for the shifts the members want.

10-20-2009, 08:17 PM
What gets me is Czernis sent out the memo to all the troopers telling them they would be allowed to vote on the shifts they want and then the local supervision, Lieutenants and above did what they wanted to do instead.

That just makes Czernis look a fool and a liar who has no control of his own staff of supervisors.

John Czernis lost all credibility after corrupt issue of voting for the shifts the members want.

The new captain in the Fort Myers district told us all that there would be NO voting for shifts. Yea, thanks Cap. :evil:

10-20-2009, 08:18 PM

The new captain in the Fort Myers district told us all that there would be NO voting for shifts. Yea, thanks Cap. :evil:

He's a jerk anyways. He doesn't care what the majority wants. He's the captain. Only he can make the decisions and decide what's best for everyone. Even though he's in an office all day and doesn't no $hit.

10-21-2009, 09:17 PM

The Captain here in Ft. Myers leads by example, so don’t let the few, “possibly two” tell you different. There is more to the shift scenario than meets the eye. Everyone just thinks four ten’s with three off and all forget of court, training, meetings, leave and the I don’t want to work or can’t because "________", then fill in the blank. Better look and think about the big picture, as if it was this simple we would have done it long ago , however, instead, a food fight erupted. This Captain knows what he is doing, no matter what some on the others may write. :|

He's a jerk anyways. He doesn't care what the majority wants. He's the captain. Only he can make the decisions and decide what's best for everyone. Even though he's in an office all day and doesn't no $hit.

10-21-2009, 09:20 PM

The Captain here in Ft. Myers leads by example, so don’t let the few, “possibly two” tell you different. There is more to the shift scenario than meets the eye. Everyone just thinks four ten’s with three off and all forget of court, training, meetings, leave and the I don’t want to work or can’t because "________", then fill in the blank. Better look and think about the big picture, as if it was this simple we would have done it long ago , however, instead, a food fight erupted. This Captain knows what he is doing, no matter what some on the others may write. :|

The Captain here in Ft. Myers leads by example, so don’t let the few, “possibly two” tell you different. There is more to the shift scenario than meets the eye. Everyone just thinks four ten’s with three off and all forget of court, training, meetings, leave and the I don’t want to work or can’t because "________", then fill in the blank. Better look and think about the big picture, as if it was this simple we would have done it long ago , however, instead, a food fight erupted. This Captain knows what he is doing, no matter what some on the others may write.

10-22-2009, 12:49 AM
[quote=Guest]What gets me is Czernis sent out the memo to all the troopers telling them they would be allowed to vote on the shifts they want and then the local supervision, Lieutenants and above did what they wanted to do instead.

The Captain here in Ft. Myers leads by example, so don’t let the few, “possibly two” tell you different. There is more to the shift scenario than meets the eye. Everyone just thinks four ten’s with three off and all forget of court, training, meetings, leave and the I don’t want to work or can’t because "________", then fill in the blank. Better look and think about the big picture, as if it was this simple we would have done it long ago , however, instead, a food fight erupted. This Captain knows what he is doing, no matter what some on the others may write.[/quote:3f9an995]

In my Troop, most voted against the ten hours shifts. The main reason being that it would interfere with Off Duty Work.

10-22-2009, 04:41 AM

Apparently its managements way of punishing Troopers. After getting used to 10 hours with three days off, they take it away with the excuse it is whats best for the agency.

Where I work we are on the 10 hr shift if your working the relief shift. I personally don't like it cause if you work soar or any other OT it makes for a very long day. Your usually too tired on Fridays to anything other than lay around and recover from the long days.