PDA

View Full Version : The Thin Blue Ice

The Bung
10-09-2009, 08:48 PM
I am sure you all can tell who I am by my name but just incase, I am short, bald, and ride a motorcycle. I like being a police officer, much of the reason I entered this work was the brotherhood, The Thin Blue Line. Well, it saddens me to see that line so thin and fragile reading many of the posts on this site. I have no problem with freedom of speech but it seems so much of this speech is spoken with either ignorance, or misinformation. I do not have first hand knowledge of any of the recent allegations against our fellow officers so I will not speak on them. I do know that all it takes is a small amount of information, and an internet connection to blow something way out of proportion. If officers have commited illegal, or unethical acts then shame on them and let them take what is coming to them but don't crucify them at the first mention of an allegation. If everything on the internet was God's truth then I would be a millionare from Bill Gates sharing his fortune, my inheritance from rich relatives in Nigeria, and any other wide spread internet B.S. My only hope is that before another "guest" spouts off hate and ridicule toward another officer they think about how they would feel if they were in the crosshairs of the next misguided blog. I am far from perfect, but I do know that many of the rumors at CCPD are just that, rumors, so try and keep the Thin Blue Line Strong.

10-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Amen, stay safe & take care of each other out there.

10-16-2009, 03:38 AM
Sorry bro, this post isn't scandalous enough. You won't get any responses. You are right though. I can understand that wherever you go there will be cliques, and obviously there is a big difference between Delta and Charlie, but the bottom line is we are all on the same team. It's us against the bad guys (In our case speeders, LOL) so let's stop making CCPD seem like a high school. We have something like 242 cops, and there is no reason why we can't be an example of what a full sized police department should be, but instead we hate on each other and talk crap about things we are uncertain of. I am not perfect, but I get along with everybody because at the end of the day one of you *******s might save my life one day. Ok, anyway it's late, my dog ran away for over an hour, I'm pissed and I'm bored. Be safe everybody. Calendars come out next week, see me or Jamie if you want one. -one-

10-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Smallraymond, you used the term "full sized". Funny stuff!

10-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Hahaha screw you!!!! :lol:

10-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Ray - I worked with you on Charlie - pretty much started at the same time. I want to tell you that you always made a difference on the shift - you're clever and always include everyone. Literally the glue that made that shift work so well together. I was glad to see you go to SpecOps only because you wanted the MC, but saddened to know that the shift and cohesion would never be the same. Thank you for always staying centered and bringing laughter to whatever you do. Given the events of tomorrow - I think a little positivity and laughter is something we can all use - thanks for being you.

The Bung
10-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Wow the glue, really? Ray who would have thought you could do so little yet still be so important to your shiftmates. Good for you! I miss you too, wait never mind, I see you more than ever. Love you, Bye

10-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Wow the glue, really? Ray who would have thought you could do so little yet still be so important to your shiftmates. Good for you! I miss you too, wait never mind, I see you more than ever. Love you, Bye

Bung said Little when he wrote about Ray!

10-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Ray - I worked with you on Charlie - pretty much started at the same time. I want to tell you that you always made a difference on the shift - you're clever and always include everyone. Literally the glue that made that shift work so well together. I was glad to see you go to SpecOps only because you wanted the MC, but saddened to know that the shift and cohesion would never be the same. Thank you for always staying centered and bringing laughter to whatever you do. Given the events of tomorrow - I think a little positivity and laughter is something we can all use - thanks for being you.

Gee golly Captain Taco. I think you r swell too!