PDA

View Full Version : Educational incentive pay

10-05-2009, 03:25 AM
I have a quick question, how much will the E incentive pay be for a Psych major graduate from Stetson University?

Also, should I apply for a job as soon as I graduate/before I go to DBCC's LE academy or wait until after Im accepted in to the academy?

Thanks.

10-05-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't have the figures in front of me but I think the incentive pay will be just enough to pay for the union dues (haha)....which will accomplish absolutely nothing.

10-05-2009, 06:58 PM
So about $600? If so, thats a bit disappointing.

10-05-2009, 11:41 PM
So about $600? If so, thats a bit disappointing.

If you know how much the dues are, you have already checked into it all and are just trying to create more BS on here. Go away!

10-06-2009, 01:20 AM
No Ive checked every site I can find and cant find how much the Edu. incentive is, but I see you guys complain about the $600 union dues every other post. :wink:

10-07-2009, 12:10 AM
No Ive checked every site I can find and cant find how much the Edu. incentive is, but I see you guys complain about the $600 union dues every other post. :wink:

We complain about the union dues because (1) we receive absolutely nothing from the union (2) there is a rat in the union (3) the union gives away stuff at the negotiation table and gets nothing in return. Although it is nice to have a job and have a nice discussion on possible uniform changes (which will never happen)

10-10-2009, 04:04 PM
No. You complain to be a pain in the rear. If you don't like the union, quit. It's that simple. You'd rather sit back and complain and make us look like a bunch of whiners. You and yours are an embarrassment to the department. Evertime I read posts like this, it makes me want away from law enforcement even more. Go ahead, throw your stones at me, but what I am saying is you are making our profession look like a bunch of immature children. We are supposed to be professionals, yet we act like this. Ever wonder why the public and the county fathers don't respect us? This is why. You want to be called professional, act like one.

We complain about the union dues because (1) we receive absolutely nothing from the union (2) there is a rat in the union (3) the union gives away stuff at the negotiation table and gets nothing in return. Although it is nice to have a job and have a nice discussion on possible uniform changes (which will never happen)

10-10-2009, 05:38 PM
No. You complain to be a pain in the rear. If you don't like the union, quit. It's that simple. You'd rather sit back and complain and make us look like a bunch of whiners. You and yours are an embarrassment to the department. Evertime I read posts like this, it makes me want away from law enforcement even more. Go ahead, throw your stones at me, but what I am saying is you are making our profession look like a bunch of immature children. We are supposed to be professionals, yet we act like this. Ever wonder why the public and the county fathers don't respect us? This is why. You want to be called professional, act like one.

You are the problem. Since when is making an opinion heard being part of the problem. It is being part of the solution. The county fathers don't respect us because they would rather give our raises to a spray and neuter bus.

If being an "embarrassment" to the department is stating a proven fact...then call me (and the hundreds more) an embarrassment.