PDA

View Full Version : Be CAREFUL What You Say Here

RETIRED LT 275
09-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Hello Everyone,

Did anyone see the story recently about a female actress who sued Google to find out who called her, such names as, Ho, Skank, and other not so nice things, on another web site?

The actress won, and google gave her the information which later identified the individual. (court ordered).

I have not seen anything about this on the site, or commentary from it's owners.

Your working for an extremely vindictive agency, with vast resources. (all the taxpayers money).

Pat Aahara,
Retired Lieutenant P.B.S.O.

09-02-2009, 07:23 PM
PAT, YOU NEED TO GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE AND LEAVE THE REST OF US ALONE. YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO BE SHERIFF! IT'S ALL A FANTASY IN YOUR HEAD. YOUR ONLY DREAMING IF YOU THINK YOU'RE COMMING BACK. DRY UP AND BLOW AWAY ALREADY.

09-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Pat Aahara, the artist formerly known as Pat O'Hara
Retired, because I was forced to by the Sheriff for unexcusable behavior, Lieutenant P.B.S.O.

09-04-2009, 06:18 AM
Hello Everyone,

Did anyone see the story recently about a female actress who sued Google to find out who called her, such names as, Ho, Skank, and other not so nice things, on another web site?

The actress won, and google gave her the information which later identified the individual. (court ordered).

I have not seen anything about this on the site, or commentary from it's owners.

Your working for an extremely vindictive agency, with vast resources. (all the taxpayers money).

Pat Aahara,
Retired Lieutenant P.B.S.O.

Pat, talk about vindictive! The only reason that you are running for Sheriff is to get back at Ric Bradshaw and the rest of our heroes who booted you out of here.
And don't try to frighten people away from speaking the truth about you. The mods on this site will not give out any of our info. Just ask MOD1, many have tried through legal means, but none have succeeded. It's perfectly safe to post here.

You have no idea how many of us are prepared to hit the streets and canvas the neighborhoods to tell the citizens of Palm Beach County the TRUTH about you.

Why do you keep starting new threads? To avoid the questions posted on the other ones?

Why did you bail out on running for PBSO Sheriff and go to BSO instead?

Why weren't you eligible to run for sheriff in Broward County?

What is the real reason for your last name change?

Get a life Pat, no one likes you. You were a terrible Deputy, SGT, & LT. Why would we ever consider you for Sheriff? Your incompetent.

09-07-2009, 03:03 AM
Big brother is watching...

RETIRED LT 275
09-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Hello Everyone, just an update to my post. I had some difficulty locating this article.

Google reveals blogger's identity after Vogue model's 'skank' insult
Liskula Cohen, a Vogue covergirl, has won a court ruling asking Google to reveal the identity of an anonymous blogger who called the former model a 'skank' .

By Tom Leonard in New York
Published: 1:55PM BST 19 Aug 2009

Liskula Cohen, a Vogue covergirl, has won a court ruling asking Google to reveal the identity of an anonymous blogger who called the former model a 'skank'
Miss Cohen, 37, went to the Manhattan supreme court to discover who had attacked her so she could sue for defamation.

The Skanks in NYC blog featured photos of Miss Cohen and described her in a series of unflattering terms.

Related Articles
Bloggers beware? Google forced to identify anonymous blogger
Blogger sues Google for $15m
At last, an anonymous blogger held to account Under the pseudonym "Anonymous", her critic wrote: "I would have to say that first place award for 'Skankiest in NYC' would have to go to Liskula Gentile Cohen."

Miss Cohen, a former Australians Vogue covergirl, was a "40-something" who "may have been hot 10 years ago", said the blogger.

In what may prove a far-reaching ruling, Joan Madden, a New York supreme court judge, rejected the blogger's claim that the blogs were a "modern day forum for conveying personal opinions, including invective and ranting" and should not be treated as factual assertions.

The judge quoted a ruling by a Virginia court in a similar case that said that anonymous online taunters should be held accountable when their derision goes too far.

Steven Wagner, a lawyer for Miss Cohen, said he was "happy that the court recognises that the internet is not a place where people can freely defame people".

Google said it had complied with the ruling by supplying the blogger's IP and email addresses to Miss Cohen's lawyers. The blog was removed as soon as Miss Cohen took legal action.

Mr Wagner said the blogger would now be sued for defamation.

However, Anne Salisbury, a lawyer who represented the blogger in court, had accused Miss Cohen of bringing the case to attract publicity rather than restore her reputation.

She pointed out that the blog had attracted little notice and would have languished in obscurity if Miss Cohen had not sued.

The lawyer warned that the ruling on Monday has "potentially damaging implications for free speech on the internet".

Her client's language was not unusual on the internet and that such name-calling was rampant on some comments sections, blogs and Twitter, she said.

Google said it sympathised with the victims of "cyberbullying" but also respected privacy concerns. As a result, it only divulged user information when ordered by a court to do so.

Pat Aahara

AgtZero
09-24-2009, 07:45 AM
PAT, YOU NEED TO GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE AND LEAVE THE REST OF US ALONE. YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO BE SHERIFF! IT'S ALL A FANTASY IN YOUR HEAD. YOUR ONLY DREAMING IF YOU THINK YOU'RE COMMING BACK. DRY UP AND BLOW AWAY ALREADY.

The message doesn't get any clearer than this, yet, you persist on posting on various threads...which is your right, no doubt. But honestly, pal, do you even get the notion from anyone who posts on this site that you or your stories or posts are actually a welcome piece of written material?

You're like a bad GEICO commercial...you won't go away! The information you post is either completely negative, or totally useless altogether!

You claim to be this bearer of "fresh" news in each post as a former common cop trying to rescue the PBSO. Who the hell said it needed to be rescued? And if it does indeed require such a drastic course of action, what makes you qualified to handle the task? What exactly are your qualifications? Education? Administrative experience, etc?

In other words, "who are you"? And why won't you just take a more positive course of action in your posts? Or, as recommended by almost 99% of the others who post on this site, just go away?

RETIRED LT 275
09-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Hello Everyone,
I was just reading Mod1's post about the social networking tips.

In it he provides guidance for everyone using the site. My post here is just trying to provide the same service. I provide an actual link to someone bringing another person to court over what was said, and the court ordered the host to give her the persons information, from supposedly an anonymous post.

Be careful what you say.

Pat Aahara

10-04-2009, 03:41 AM
Man this guy acts like he's the only one on this thread. It's like the little kid who plugs his ears and closes his eyes when he's being scolded by his parents and says "I can't hear you, I can't hear you!" What a douche!

10-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Hello Everyone,
I was just reading Mod1's post about the social networking tips.

In it he provides guidance for everyone using the site. My post here is just trying to provide the same service. I provide an actual link to someone bringing another person to court over what was said, and the court ordered the host to give her the persons information, from supposedly an anonymous post.

Be careful what you say.

Pat Aahara

Pat, go crawl back in your hole. Everyone work has worked with you know what a joke you are.

We are also getting together with the media to tell them this before the next election!