PDA

View Full Version : Reserve program?

08-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Anybody know anything about the MDPD reserve program?

09-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Call HQ Police Services Unit they are in charge and can give you information on it. As far as if you are certified already you have to be two years to lateral over to reserve program or go to reserve academy all over again at night at MDC. You will have to do same amount of FTO hours as a road rookie. If you need more answers call HQ directly things always change.And you can make some good money too. They are allowed to work off-duty jobs.

09-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks for your response.. I'm already certified but not with two years with exp..

09-07-2009, 05:30 AM
I'm certified & interested in joining the reserves. I've been trying (for about 3 months) to reach the officer in charge of the program, however, she apparently doesn't like to return phone calls or answer emails.

09-07-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. It's a shame the other person who ran the program quit to go to fire rescue. I would suggest checking out FHP Auxiliary. Since you are certified you wont have to complete much training. They will also give you a take home car in Dade. They are one of the few departments that will, other than BSO and also appreciate volunteers.