PDA

View Full Version : Words to LIVE by (at BSO)

08-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Guest wrote:
I have been here 22 years. I always tell the FNG out of the academy it's all a game. The way you win the game is getting a retirement and leaving this place in one piece. Nobody cares about you or your family period. If you want to play super hero the chances of you " winning the game" is highly diminished and anything can happen. From getting injured, dieing or getting terminated. You lose they win because you are just a number. You cant pay your bills too bad. Your kids don't have a father or mother too bad. You are maimed too bad. There will always be somebody who will take your place and the cycle starts all over again. Those who retired mentally and physically in one piece congratulation for " winning the game". For those who want to be a super hero and play with shinny new toys that BSO issues you good luck! If your whole life is worth being Mr. super hero, good luck! I made a commitment to myself and family to win "the game"

08-27-2009, 12:55 PM
I wonder when you lost all of your self respect. Why not retire early before you get so depressed you hurt yourself or someone else. Most of us had a motivation when we chose to be a cop and we stood tall and respected the position. After a few years on the job too many get lazy and complain about things we can't control. Any department large or small has problems. I retired out as proud as when I took the oath, and I pulled my weight right to the end. I feel sorry for you brother, sounds like you burned out long ago.

08-27-2009, 02:21 PM
I wonder when you lost all of your self respect. Why not retire early before you get so depressed you hurt yourself or someone else. Most of us had a motivation when we chose to be a cop and we stood tall and respected the position. After a few years on the job too many get lazy and complain about things we can't control. Any department large or small has problems. I retired out as proud as when I took the oath, and I pulled my weight right to the end. I feel sorry for you brother, sounds like you burned out long ago.

You were a bootlick from the day you started until the day you retired??

08-27-2009, 03:03 PM
I have to agree with the first post. Right on the money.

08-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Guest wrote:
I have been here 22 years. I always tell the FNG out of the academy it's all a game. The way you win the game is getting a retirement and leaving this place in one piece. Nobody cares about you or your family period. If you want to play super hero the chances of you " winning the game" is highly diminished and anything can happen. From getting injured, dieing or getting terminated. You lose they win because you are just a number. You cant pay your bills too bad. Your kids don't have a father or mother too bad. You are maimed too bad. There will always be somebody who will take your place and the cycle starts all over again. Those who retired mentally and physically in one piece congratulation for " winning the game". For those who want to be a super hero and play with shinny new toys that BSO issues you good luck! If your whole life is worth being Mr. super hero, good luck! I made a commitment to myself and family to win "the game"

I addition:
Take it from a winner, you my friend are right on. This organization is comprised of a group of individuals. Nothing wrong with that because it still works. But as for the BSO family, that's BS. It's thrown in our face by the chaplin, sheriff and the upper administration as a way to improve moral. Take care of your own families and don't rely on BSO to be there after the publicity dies.

08-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Great orginal post. That's the truth brother. Like it or not that's the way it is.. Sad but true and history speaks for itself. I remember many times upper command staff and previous sheriff's sheading crockidle tears when one of our own gets killed in the line of duty. As soon as the cameras turns off it was all smiles and tripping over each other to get out of the hospital. Sad but true.