PDA

View Full Version : we need to work together

08-24-2009, 02:25 PM
We work for the lowest paying agency in South Florida, with the worst health insurance and a contract from the late seventies. All I see on here is people complaining about dispatchers and talking about each other. No wonder the Sheriff and his Cronies laugh at us and will not offer us a livable wage. They think, and they might be right from reading this site, that we are to stupid and desperate to go anywhere else.

To the Sheriff... I don't know how you sleep at night...we thought you were one of us and that you cared about the deputies and their families. You have shown that you are just like them.

This is not for the Sheriff it is for us the deputies. We are all proud professionals who are good at our jobs and love what we do. We can no longer put our faith in the leaders of this agency. However we should not let these bad leaders continue to disgrace our agency. We have deputies working here for more than 20 years making 58,000 a year. We all have friends that have left here to go to other agencys, we all know that these officers are know doubling and tripling our pay. These are all good officers who elected to leave here. I don't want to leave...I want to be paid well and work here. Our leaders attitude is causing this county to lose thousands of dollars a year by losing experienced officers to other agencys. Good officers who are trained here, who would stay if paid.

VOTE NO on this contract and show the Sheriff your not stupid and 3 green shirts will not keep you here.

Four percent is less than 40.00 every two weeks take home. The Firefighters and public works people are getting 6 percent....why because thier leaders asked for it and Our Sheriff did NOT

08-29-2009, 11:21 PM
People always left this agencies for years. do yourself a favor and stop crying and leave like everyone else. It aint gonna change.

08-30-2009, 12:30 AM
You are better off beating a dead horse
or better beating off..oh disregard am a bit "off" at the moment....however

The Managers in this Department are only after their personal vested interest. No one elses. In some cases its blatant, in others you wont know what hit you.

This is the most callous, corrupt, manipulating and cold system that I have ever encountered. The people that DO actually work, and that DO a job and a great one are the ones who are fresh and new but somehow, its not enough and they are the ones who see things start to take a turn..and not in their favor

At some point, someone will be targeted by tireless manipulation and/or endless DAFS simply on a whim. DAF'S become VERY popular when word is out of budget cuts and NO MORE Overtime.

DAF's also totally contradict performance evaluations. (no shocker there)

20 years 58k? they should work in dispatch, lots of OT there..

I have heard personally supervisors declare/brag, in the presence of others (their employees and trainees) how "inconvenient" this is for them (no overtime allowed) as they will not be able to make six figures in that year. Then the process begins, discipline/DAF's, elimination, and DELIBERATE training failures. (the big one, heck that is a great way to NOT fill a position, and accrue more overtime)

(Ramsay should take notes here)

There is not an IOTA of fairness or consistency when it comes to discipline. You get written up, the 3 others who do the same offense x's 10 dont.... Of course there is no consistency in the department for anything. Add to that a Supervisor/Director etc verbally express to other employees that they are intentionally setting someone up to fail.

::shakes head:::

OK you fail, you WILL get referred to EAP, (if you want to keep your job, its mandatory and conditional) BUT you might as well bend over and say cheese. EAP is NOT a benefit, they are not nor will they ever be your friend...there is no confidentiality.... it is a career suicide weapon, IT IS NOT private. Once you go there you are officially someone else s *****. TAKE the suspension or just quit (or you can do your nails or whatnot for 50 mins)

Those of you who are t******s, and who are also not satisfied with the ethics of the department, should really start speaking, and I mean speaking honestly .

Doing a random post on a forum is not going to accomplish much. Responding in agreement, also aint gonna do sheeeeet for you.

Am building a trust and respect with several powerful individuals now that are addressing this issue nationwide. There are many departments that face similar issues, but not quite as bad. (however, Monroe County in general is difficult to touch, when was the last time you heard anything about any official in the entire County that has any power whatsoever, that has been positive?.....I rest my case, as do many)

90% of the departments human assets (managers/supervisors) are toxic. I admire all those who actually stick with it.

Very eligible and entitled employees are consistently overlooked for promotion for no "valid" reason. (otherwise it would be discriminatory, oh wait....) Promotions are based on NOTHING fundamental. Period. This can be validated very easily.

The mentality is stifling for anyone to climb the ranks (earn it)

20 years and 58k? If that is the case, perhaps that deputy should work in dispatch. They make sure there is plenty of overtime and it is possible to make 6 figures there with overtime.

No wonder their training program and "boot camps" etc are fruitless and a waste of money (but more overtime for..oh supervisors..you get the picture)

Ethics play a HUGE roll in every field, and a lot in Law Enforcement. Monroe County is totally lacking in ethics....

Top 2 disappointment initials"

CS
RR

Both are merely puppets.

08-30-2009, 12:36 AM
People always left this agencies for years. do yourself a favor and stop crying and leave like everyone else. It aint gonna change.

Is that your final answer? WOW how people just "settle" even though its not right. You are right aint gonna change, no one that works for the County has any balls, or conscience. Thanks for validating my point prior.

10-06-2012, 04:58 AM
Sound familiar ........

Bump it up to the top