PDA

View Full Version : what type of change do you need for your workplace

08-20-2009, 02:58 PM
any promotions for the road coming up with the last sergeants exam? or will they wait untill the new budget and also when waite and orlando retire so they can change out all the admin in corrections? You know how they only like to have one big promotional ceremony. Corrections is in need of change, like they used to do for sergeants, everywhere should get used to being switched out(admin) from place to place. Change in corrections would be good. I m sure that you road guys could stand for some change. Im not just talking union, any changes you would make in policy, admin, or rules to help make this place run better.

08-21-2009, 03:40 AM
any promotions for the road coming up with the last sergeants exam? or will they wait untill the new budget and also when waite and orlando retire so they can change out all the admin in corrections? You know how they only like to have one big promotional ceremony. Corrections is in need of change, like they used to do for sergeants, everywhere should get used to being switched out(admin) from place to place. Change in corrections would be good. I m sure that you road guys could stand for some change. Im not just talking union, any changes you would make in policy, admin, or rules to help make this place run better.

The whole agency needs an overhaul.

08-21-2009, 03:59 AM
That just might be the understatement of the year. :wink:

08-21-2009, 07:19 AM
Are cars should look more flashy or updated, they look like every other sheriffs car in the state. Maybe we should do a Green n White type thing like FMPD, you gotta admit there black n white cars are very very sharp looking.

08-21-2009, 07:42 AM
"Cars" - you are a man tool.

Shut up. LCSO wannabe. Go home to daddy Baker.

08-21-2009, 12:39 PM
From a Road Patrol Perspective:
1. I would like to see our Sheriff try harder for raises for us on the road. As in past sheriffs where they actually went to Tallahassee to beg. Is he so big that begging is so under him? It would make a lot of his people happy to know that he at least put in an effort.

2. Bring back the Corporal Rank and or make the First Class Deputy more of an actual rank. Even without the pay raise, it would be at least a small bone thrown to us.

3. Fire the guy currently organizing our Budget. Apparently the most important role here at LCSO (Road Patrol) is not on the list of being that important in his eyes. Without road patrol, the jail would have no work. Without road patrol efforts in traffic citations alone, the city and state would be making even less coin.

4. Stop promoting in the agency on the basis of WHO YOU KNOW. Many people get overlooked due to not knowing the "right " person. This attitude is simple BS.

5. With all of the retired, fired and others that simply quit.. spread the salaries out to the lowest paid deputies and stop feeding the "PIGS" (overly paid staple counters) as the "HOGS" get slaughtered (deputies).

6. Stop buying unnecessary shit! Do we really need new cars this year? NO. Do we really need AR's and other high powered fire power? NO. Let's keep doing with what we have, because what we do have now is doable.

7. Stop ignoring the ones that work hard and padding the ones that don’t. That sir is unconceivable. Start paying attention to the “Good Ole Boy” network and put a stop to it now. The Sheriff paying attention to the road guys and Sergeants/Lieutenants/Captains would go a long way. I believe he has forgotten where he came from.
8. Stop promoting the punished. Punishment should last for the career of the violator. No promotions should be allowed after a demotion of rank. How does this ever happen anyway? They should be happy to still have their jobs, seeing them getting a promotion after a certain time is outrageous!

And that is all I am saying about that.

08-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Are cars should look more flashy or updated, they look like every other sheriffs car in the state. Maybe we should do a Green n White type thing like FMPD, you gotta admit there black n white cars are very very sharp looking.

Are you kidding me? You must be making too much money here at this agency. If you are infact a real employee that is.

08-21-2009, 12:46 PM

I am sure the corrections could use some change as well. I don't work corrections and don't know anyone there. My post was simply from road patrol perspective. I have never worked in corrections so I would have no idea what issues or disputes you all would have. As I am sure there are many... Good Luck to you guys and gals as well. :)

08-21-2009, 01:46 PM
From a Road Patrol Perspective:

2. Bring back the Corporal Rank and or make the First Class Deputy more of an actual rank. Even without the pay raise, it would be at least a small bone thrown to us.

You're not serious, right? Maybe in lieu of a raise next year the Sheriff can change our titles to Super Awesome Deputies? Would that work for you?

08-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Yes that would work for me as long as I got a super duper shiny bar along with it LOL.

08-22-2009, 12:07 AM
I would like to see our Sheriff try harder for raises for us on the road. As in past sheriffs where they actually went to Tallahassee to beg. Is he so big that begging is so under him?
Why yes, yes he is.

TriCircleD
08-22-2009, 04:47 AM
I would like to see our agency implement a promotional testing assessment center. This would be very easy to do, and would involve a written test, an in-basket test, a simulated supervisor incident scenerio test, and finally an oral board, consisting of members from within and outside the agency. Once the promotional candidate has passed these, they are placed on the promotion list, and promoted based on their position on the list.

08-22-2009, 05:28 PM
change is good, some really good ideas that are very reasonable, this is what I WAS TALKING ABOUT, these kind of ideas go along way. for the people out there that just want to bash on others that come up with ideas to help change this place, stop bashing and start putting your own ideas up here. even if all of the ideas are not the greatest, at least were thinking. I love the idea of a promotional testing center,along with a standard policy so they can't change things whenever they want and let everyone no how they grade so thing arenot so f-ing secret. that is great we need to bring back testing for Lt's as well, make the standard after 3 or 4 years as a sgt. then at least you have some core knowledge. bring back cpls, I love it, it is something easy that dosent cost money that gives people a small sense of accomplishment. what would that hurt.

keep thinking, at some point some of these ideas WILL get addressed.