PDA

View Full Version : panel to review the PDs policies

08-18-2009, 05:58 AM
Well, the Childers incident continues to spiral out of control, and all who work at SPD will feel the effects for the rest of our careers. Now the city is going to make a panel, made up of black and hispanic leaders to review uses of force. Fredddddddd says the officers have been abusing people for a long time. Is this the same freddddddddddd who threw a visibly pregnant girl on the ground for leaning on his car, a felony in our great state. Yup, it sure is. Thanks Zane, for not letting him be arrested, enjoy retirement.

Bottom line, we will be scrutinized more than ever, and they will be looking for blood. Officers are going to hesitate, or not use the correct amount of force, out of fear of persecution. This will lead to officers getting injured or killed. All will suffer for the mistakes of few. Be careful, and watch out. Dont get in situations that could lead to a board stringing you up for all to see.

I forget whose qoute it was, but an old timer once told me, " Do a lot of work, get a lot of complaints, do a little work, get a little complaints, do no work, get no complaints." Take it for what its worth.

08-18-2009, 02:13 PM
I forget whose qoute it was, but an old timer once told me, " Do a lot of work, get a lot of complaints, do a little work, get a little complaints, do no work, get no complaints." Take it for what its worth.

I was always told "Do what you would want done to your own family" and "Imagine your family watching what you are doing as you deal with people on the street" and you will never have a problems. 25 years, tons of arrests, no complaints. Just do what you know to be right.

08-18-2009, 04:27 PM
You have a great outlook, thing is 95 percent of our officers do treat everyone nicely, respectfully, and as our own families should be treated. Problem is, the people dont care, the city doesnt care. If they did, this would be an isolated incident, and they wouldnt be looking at the whole department as having a problem. Citizens cant review police uses of force. We are supposed to be judged on what a "reasonable officer would have done, with the same knowledge at the time". How can a board made up of hispanics and blacks, judge a white cop who tasered a black or hispanic fairly. Sorry to say, but it isnt possible. Somebody had to say it, so I did. Im not racist, but I am realistic.

So, when the hero cop, with his 25 years of outstanding service, and kickin booty, makes an arrest, and the person complains, which will happen often. ( I imagine arrestees will be solicited now by attorneys, NAACP, etc. to see if they would like to complain. ) So when that happens, do you think you will have a fair day in court? If you think so, your sadly mistaken.

I dont know what JC was thinking, but that vieo does leave questions in my mind. He has hurt all of us for years to come. If I had 25 years on I probably wouldnt care so much either. DROP program, leave when things get to bad, is a way to stay positive. But for the guys and girls who are gonna be screwed by this for years to come, watch out for yourself. Things will always blow over, but this wont. Not with new civilian panels being put together to review what you do. Thats gonna become policy, and be here forever. I like the first qoute better.

08-18-2009, 06:33 PM
(2) COMPLAINT REVIEW BOARDS.--A complaint review board shall be composed of three members: One member selected by the chief administrator of the agency or unit; one member selected by the aggrieved officer; and a third member to be selected by the other two members. Agencies or units having more than 100 law enforcement officers or correctional officers shall utilize a five-member board, with two members being selected by the administrator, two members being selected by the aggrieved officer, and the fifth member being selected by the other four members. The board members shall be law enforcement officers or correctional officers selected from any state, county, or municipal agency within the county. There shall be a board for law enforcement officers and a board for correctional officers whose members shall be from the same discipline as the aggrieved officer. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to sheriffs or deputy sheriffs

Seems fairly specific to me. I don't see where Bobo or Glossy can get around this section of the Police Officers Bill of Rights. I'm sure they will try. Good luck folks from an old retired guy.

08-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Let's see:
1) The FBI is monitoring the case.
2) The Hillsborough County S. O. is investigating the case.
3) There is an SPD I.A. case?
4) There is, or was, an SPD criminal investigation.
5) There will be a citizen review panel, AKA clown circus.
6) The Chief is on administartive leave.

This all only proves two things...that the City Manager is incompetent and the City Commission doesn't know any better.

08-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Maybe the bum, er, homeless person on the Blue Ribbon panel will have some good suggestions for how we can be a better agency. After all, someone in their position certainly has made some good life decisions along the way.

08-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Finally, a reason for me to be justified in doing jack-sh#t at work. The next time I am faced with a use of force situation I will ask myself "is this worth losing my livelihood over?" I'll give you three guesses to figure that one out sports fans. Yep, just going to put it on cruise control and do nothing for awhile. With FREDDDDDDDDDDDDDD and his cronies running this "blue plate special comittee" who knows what could happen if some thug complains on you. Good luck, be safe, and think of you and yours first and foremost.

08-20-2009, 01:42 AM
So much for your Integrity and value to this Department. If you can't do your job within the rules and guidelines go somewhere else. None of us need someone who has to use EXCESSIVE FORCE to do this job working here. It makes us all look bad.

08-20-2009, 03:37 AM
Finally, a reason for me to be justified in doing jack-sh#t at work. The next time I am faced with a use of force situation I will ask myself "is this worth losing my livelihood over?" I'll give you three guesses to figure that one out sports fans. Yep, just going to put it on cruise control and do nothing for awhile. With FREDDDDDDDDDDDDDD and his cronies running this "blue plate special comittee" who knows what could happen if some thug complains on you. Good luck, be safe, and think of you and yours first and foremost.
You piece of f&%$ing trash! You FINALLY are justified in being lazy. You were just waiting for an excuse not to really try, you piece of trash.
The little baby does not want to work if the little baby doesnt get to stomp people's craniums to mush.
Cry, little baby, cry.

08-20-2009, 06:29 AM
get real and beat you down must be new. You guys or girls are missing the point. The city is making it public that they are looking for people to complain on cops. They are going to make a civilian board to look into the complaints. The ex mayor, city commisioner went on record in a public meeting saying the polices has been brutally beating people for 50 years. If you continue to kick as much butt as you 2 obviously do, the complaints will add up. The point is, slow down, and handle your calls. The bad guys will still be there when this blows over. I guess you all are still new and havent seen the light. Give it about 5 years.

08-20-2009, 06:32 PM
When you've been here long enough to know that it is just as effective to talk out a situation as it is to fight, then come talk to me Rookie. I would rather talk then fight. I can still arrest more bad guys than you without giving "street Justice", kicking someone in handcuffs (even if their too drunk to remember), or that extra punch when their on the ground. If you do it right, you have them apologizing for getting your uniform dirty before leaving booking. And no reason to complain.

08-20-2009, 07:04 PM
When you've been here long enough to know that it is just as effective to talk out a situation as it is to fight, then come talk to me Rookie. I would rather talk then fight. I can still arrest more bad guys than you without giving "street Justice", kicking someone in handcuffs (even if their too drunk to remember), or that extra punch when their on the ground. If you do it right, you have them apologizing for getting your uniform dirty before leaving booking. And no reason to complain.

Why do you feel the need to try to insult people because they dont have the same outlook as you do right now. You dont know who I am, so you dont know how many arrests I make, you dont know how I do my job, or if Ive ever kicked anyone( which I havent). You are obviously as blind as a reporter from the Sarasota herald, and believe that everyone at SPD kicks people. Is this Freddddd? Are you playing cop on our board?

Well, anyhow, your statement is so ignorant and arrogant. But, if you are as amazing as you say you are, you should write a book because you really do sound amazing. Did Ghandi reincarnate as a cop in Sarasota. I am so looking forward to your verbal judo class. Oh, wait, you probably werent here when we had our verbal judo class at the fire station on Waldemere. Notice I said "probably". Thats because I dont know who you are. I dont know everything, like you.

Oh, and I sincerely apologize for getting your panties all wadded up by disagreeing with you. Holy cow, You are that good. I just apologized. Now, go make all your arrests, but write that book, because it will be a good way to supplement your retirement, which you are probably closing in on. Again, sorry about the panties.

Oh, and by the way, if you are so good at talking people into handcuffs, how does your uniform get dirty for them to be apologizing?

08-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Maybe you didn't understand what I was saying. I never said anything about "excessive force." I said said use of force, as in the justified kind. In my last post I was simply stating that I will not risk my career and my families well being by using "justified force" as long as FREDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD and his cronies are going to be the judges as to whether that force was necessary. If you feel the need to call me names, so be it, I doubt that you two idiots are cops anyway. If you were you would know exactly what I am talking about. To the rest of the "real" men and women at SPD, be careful and think about your families before you put hands on some douchebag on the street.

08-22-2009, 04:57 PM
It's appalling how everyone can get it wrong. The "panel" is NOT a complaint review board. Go back and look at the video on the City's website and listen carefully to what the City Attorney and commissioners said. The panel WILL NOT investigate complaints filed against officers. They are merely reviewing policies and procedures and will make RECOMMENDATIONS to the City Council. Get your facts right people! If you can't get something this basic right, how the heck can you fill out a use of force report correctly?

08-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I think I can grasp the concept. That's what they say the group will be for. I don't believe that for a minute. Freddddddddd and bobo are looking for a reason to put their greedy little hands around the neck of the PD. I for one don't understand how a "select" group of citizens can and/or should dictate, or even recommend, policy about something that they know absolutely nothing about. I'm a little slow, maybe you can enlighten me on that. Thanks in advance.

08-23-2009, 03:00 AM
It's appalling how everyone can get it wrong. The "panel" is NOT a complaint review board. Go back and look at the video on the City's website and listen carefully to what the City Attorney and commissioners said. The panel WILL NOT investigate complaints filed against officers. They are merely reviewing policies and procedures and will make RECOMMENDATIONS to the City Council. Get your facts right people! If you can't get something this basic right, how the heck can you fill out a use of force report correctly?

Your buying that BS? You arent a cop, or if you are, you arent very bright. Thats how they get this off the ground. Guess what genious, the policies are what we are judged by when a complaint is filed. If they arent going to investigate officers, can you explain why they think its so important that the board has subpeoena powers???? Is it so they can call the SGT who wites the policies and question him. I dont think so.

Are you the so called "officer" that the assistant to Bobo claims he has spoken to. The officer who "supports" the panel. What a lying sack of crap he is. These people just sit there and lie,lie,lie, and it goes on and on. In the video its so apparant that the city commisioners have completely turned against the officers of this city. Obviously Fredd hates us, but how did the rest of them come to hate us so much?

08-23-2009, 04:29 PM
[quote=" Obviously Fredd hates us, but how did the rest of them come to hate us so much?[/quote]

Gee, could it be that the Entire City of Sarasota got a big black eye when the video tape of an Sarasota Police Officer kicking a drunk hispanic who is on the ground was broadcast on TV ?????

08-23-2009, 07:43 PM
[quote=" Obviously Fredd hates us, but how did the rest of them come to hate us so much?

Gee, could it be that the Entire City of Sarasota got a big black eye when the video tape of an Sarasota Police Officer kicking a drunk hispanic who is on the ground was broadcast on TV ?????[/quote]

Kind of the point. Your statement is what Im referring to. "A Sarasota Police Officer". That is singular, A single officer. And, it had nothing to do with race. It was a drunk. The newspaper, the people, made it a "hispanic" thing. That guy could have been orange or green. So how is it that we are all in need of repair. If, and I say IF, the officer did wrong, then he should be punished, or let go, but that should be the extent of it and we should move on. Same for the Chief.

08-23-2009, 11:23 PM
I agree 100%, but then you have those that defend what he did or try to. And it snowballs into this.

08-24-2009, 12:58 AM
The thin blue line can only stetch so far, then each person needs to think of their own well being. Me, I care more about my family, and our livelyhood than the officer involved. In my opinion, the video looks real bad. Its the epitomy of lazy police work, and it should not be tolerated. If the officers at SPD are blinded by the fact that a cop screwed up, than they need to open their eyes.

08-24-2009, 01:47 AM
It wasn't the act of a singular officer. It was his Lt., the Chief, the CID Captain, and others who made mistakes in judgment that were probably worse than what the original officer did. If everyone sticks their heads in the sand and pretends nothing really bad happened, you get the atmosphere you have now where the City Council, City Manager and the citizens want to put the department under a microscope. I don't believe a board can legally investigate complaints. They can make policy recommendations all day long and there's not a darn thing anyone can do about that.

08-24-2009, 04:41 AM
It wasn't the act of a singular officer. It was his Lt., the Chief, the CID Captain, and others who made mistakes in judgment that were probably worse than what the original officer did. If everyone sticks their heads in the sand and pretends nothing really bad happened, you get the atmosphere you have now where the City Council, City Manager and the citizens want to put the department under a microscope. I don't believe a board can legally investigate complaints. They can make policy recommendations all day long and there's not a darn thing anyone can do about that.

Oh, there is something that can be done about it. Its called, stop doing proactive work thats gonna get you into trouble. Handle the calls when dispatch sends them and watch out for each other. Pretty simple.

08-24-2009, 10:14 PM
[quote="Review Board":1ui0k5hp]It wasn't the act of a singular officer. It was his Lt., the Chief, the CID Captain, and others who made mistakes in judgment that were probably worse than what the original officer did. If everyone sticks their heads in the sand and pretends nothing really bad happened, you get the atmosphere you have now where the City Council, City Manager and the citizens want to put the department under a microscope. I don't believe a board can legally investigate complaints. They can make policy recommendations all day long and there's not a darn thing anyone can do about that.[/quote:1ui0k5hp]

Reality is when investigation is complete, the officer, the Sgt., the Lt. the Capt. and the Chief all have issues to answer for and it appears they are criminal issues. Official misconduct, witness tampering, battery to name a few.

Reality is people will be looking for employment in fields other then law enforcement. Even with Hillsborough doing investigation FDLE will have to complete investigation as to who keeps certification.

Reality is we will have a new Chief soon.